• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up in Atlanta I have been a longtime Atlanta sports fan. This one still hurts because of the sheer magnitude of the events that took place over a quarter and a half to make the final outcome a reality. I also believe that the Falcons have a bright future but overcoming this loss will be difficult.  I have often wondered if the Braves run would have been different if they had finished out that first World Series against the Twins.  The Braves accomplishments hold little respect among baseball fans over the course of their playoff success and I worry that the Falcons collapse may have set a precedent that will be hard to overcome.  Simply making the playoffs and advancing will do nothing to ease the hurt of this loss.  This loss hurts more than past Atlanta losses because it was truly ours for the taking.

Edited by Mcdaddy64
1 hour ago, Mcdaddy64 said:

Growing up in Atlanta I have been a longtime Atlanta sports fan. This one still hurts because of the sheer magnitude of the events that took place over a quarter and a half to make the final outcome a reality. I also believe that the Falcons have a bright future but overcoming this loss will be difficult.  I have often wondered if the Braves run would have been different if they had finished out that first World Series against the Twins.  The Braves accomplishments hold little respect among baseball fans over the course of their playoff success and I worry that the Falcons collapse may have set a precedent that will be hard to overcome.  Simply making the playoffs and advancing will do nothing to ease the hurt of this loss.  This loss hurts more than past Atlanta losses because it was truly ours for the taking.

WHO THE **** CARES? I am a proud Braves fan and **** proud of what they accomplished in the 90s. I don't care that fans of other teams think. I don't need their respect. Seriously?

On 2/18/2017 at 0:35 AM, Lou.Dog said:

I don't. we had a **** of a season and have a great team going forward. I'm pumped for next season. Last season is done and dwelling on it it pointless 

You are half right!  "Last season is done" is true.  "Dwelling on it is pointless" is not entirely true.  The Falcons have to analyze exactly where they made specific mistakes and make exacting plans and personnel moves to become the complete team!  That is the only "winning way" to leave it in the past and move on to a better future!

40 minutes ago, Falcster said:

You are half right!  "Last season is done" is true.  "Dwelling on it is pointless" is not entirely true.  The Falcons have to analyze exactly where they made specific mistakes and make exacting plans and personnel moves to become the complete team!  That is the only "winning way" to leave it in the past and move on to a better future!

The Fans dwelling on it is pointless, though. 

Man you guys are depressing as heIl. No it doesn't hurt. Why would it hurt? It's been 3 weeks. Buy the next afternoon I was fine because there's more important things in my life. How do you guys live day-to-day if the Super Bowl that really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of the big picture still hurts? I'm sure even the players and coaches have moved on and gotten over it by now.