I've been a fan since I was a kid this will stay with me forever. It's how we lost that hurts.

To have a 99.6 % chance to win up 28-3 and somehow our coaching staff who has been in football most if not all of their life found the .4%. to lose on the biggest stage in sports.

I really thought the usual kind of stupid **** that plagues this team would stop after the Quinn hire. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the reason that I was able to get over it so easily is that immediately after the game was over I turned off the TV and I haven't watched or listened or read any NFL coverage except what's been posted on here. HeIl I didn't even watch any sports of any kind for a week before I finally started paying attention to the NHL again and now NASCAR. **** I don't think I watched any TV period. I completely wiped everything away. I didn't need to read or watch or listen to anything because I watched the game and I knew exactly what happened. Yes it still hurt the next morning but by that afternoon I was fine. Football just isn't that important. Life goes on.

The 2016 Falcons let the 1980 Falcons off the hook. That not only was the worst Falcons lost ever,  its gonna go down as the worst SPORTS lost ever.  28-3, just over a quarter to go, and the Falcons did EVERYTHING possible to lose that game.  Negated one of the best catches in football history ( Julio's catch on the sideline) and followed it up with that crap...

Man, they gonna make a 30 for 30, They played the game, A Football Life, Walt Disney, Turner Classics, Sports Documentaries, Books and a few sports movies about this lost...:lol:  Heck, Ophrah Winfrey might come out of retirement and do a special about it...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

the one good thing is, we are used to it.

nothing has changed

I wouldn't know what to do with myself if they won.

honestly, the fair weather fans made me feel weird.... like something was wrong.

where have all yall been? ive been repping all year , where yall been? is the earth ending? are they giving away something free?

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I guess the reason that I was able to get over it so easily is that immediately after the game was over I turned off the TV and I haven't watched or listened or read any NFL coverage except what's been posted on here. HeIl I didn't even watch any sports of any kind for a week before I finally started paying attention to the NHL again and now NASCAR. **** I don't think I watched any TV period. I completely wiped everything away. I didn't need to read or watch or listen to anything because I watched the game and I knew exactly what happened. Yes it still hurt the next morning but by that afternoon I was fine. Football just isn't that important. Life goes on.

I haven't watched ESPN, NFLN or any other sports channel since.   I haven't gone on any sports website.    Just here.

I don't know how long it will be - but it will be a while.

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

I haven't watched ESPN, NFLN or any other sports channel since.   I haven't gone on any sports website.    Just here.

It seems to find me no matter what I'm watching. I was finally finishing up Narcos on Netflix and I could swear that I heard Pablo Escobar say "Los Atlanta Falcons tenían una ventaja de 28-3 en el Super Bowl."

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

It seems to find me no matter what I'm watching. I was finally finishing up Narcos on Netflix and I could swear that I heard Pablo Escobar say "Los Atlanta Falcons tenían una ventaja de 28-3 en el Super Bowl."

I know.    I haven't watched a lot of tv at all for that reason.    ****, Facebook is full of crap - Greatest comeback, etc.    Ugh!

I shouldn't have watched all the "Top 10" stuff on our homepage. The top two plays were Super Bowl plays. UGHHHHHHH.

When I think about the 2016 season, I have to mentally stop at closing the Georgia Dome so perfectly. Just a hard, total, complete stop right there. If I do that, I actually can genuinely smile about the year. It was a helluva season and for the first time in my fandom, we are the defending conference champions.

But beyond that?

It's still REALLY painful to watch any of the great plays from the Super Bowl, knowing that I was certain they were enough at the time, knowing now that they weren't.

3 hours ago, Tandy said:

2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I was just telling someone that it's been over two weeks and I have yet to watch NFLN, ESPN, or Fox Sports.  

Still hard to avoid though.  I suspect that's just going to be something we have to deal with.  Few days after the game I'm watching Jimmy Fallon and Edelman and Belicheck are on there and it just irked me all over again.

To this very moment can't watch a highlight from that game. My wife and I went to the game and bought a ton of memorabilia.....all of it is still in the bags we carried them out of the store in. I can't even look at the Super Bowl 51 logo without cringing. It's going to hurt forever.

Off season doesn't matter. It will hurt LESS, AFTER Week 1 of the 2017 season. 

This loss will forever haunt the fans and the organization. Why, because the game was in hand with just a few minutes to go, and all the offense needed to do was eat some clock and kick a field goal. No miracles were needed, just good ole football 101. In the words of Dan Quinn, "You have to finish". Yes Dan, you have to finish. WTF were they thinking?

I keep thinking that I'll move on from my disgust, but it is permanently and painfully branded on the soul of my Falcons Fandom. It doesn't matter if they win it all sometime down the road, because they gave this one away. Gave it away. ******* Chumps!

7 hours ago, Tandy said:

Same here...

I listened to sports radio every day.. watched the NFL channel all the time.

As soon as the Pats scored that OT touchdown, I changed the TV channel to something non sports related and haven't watched ESPN or the NFL channel once since.

When I cranked my truck the next morning, I put my XM on the Lithium channel and have not listened to one second of sports radio since.

I am surprised I even check in here.

On 2/18/2017 at 0:22 AM, Sandy5prings said:

Every day I wake up  excited that the Combine and the Draft are around the corner but then I get those dreaded 'brain zaps' from the game. 

I get excited by Taylor Gabriel returning and then start thinking what might have been

I think of all the new additions we're going to make to our DL and LB Corps but immediately have flashes of the last 5 drives

This fvck1ng sucks  guys. I'm scarred. It's worse than losing your first dog. 

But yet you started a thread with nothing but your feeling calling the thread : Does it still hurt?"

Hey, if it makes you feel better, then good for you. Keep in mind that you didn't play or lose that game and neither did any of the other Falcons fans around the World, yes I said world because there are NFL fans now who are not in the USA. 

Your opening thread was : "Does it still hurt?".  Hurt is a measurable amenity that can be measured on various levels of pain depending on how you feel and where you are living your life. 

That being said, LOOK : Hold your chin up : STOP CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The world is still here, and THANK GOD YOU ARE ALSO because everyone is not so lucky, and GET YOUR CRYING EYES BACK TO REALITY by thinking about HOW DO THE FALCONS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

WHAT DO FALCONS DO???????? WIN OR LOSE??????? 

WHAT DO THEY DO???????? They don't cry and say : "Oh do you still feel so hurt that you lost"...... 

H@LLLLLLLL NO!!!!!!!!!!! THEY RISE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So look : RISE THE FLOCK UP MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP CRYING. 

And I am not knocking you for saying so at all, I was the same or WORSE honestly, but it's time to let this go and move on. You can't change the world or the NFL by fighting things you can never change, the only way you can do such things is by learning and remembering where moving forward goes by not making the same mistakes twice. 

****, I was thinking about calling my ex, this reminds me that she is one real BI@TCH and I probably should not do so! :lol:

Look, Falcons will be FINE! Truth be known. 

Just my opinions, and I am a old Falcons fan from years back. Shake it of young one, a Falcon cannot fly until it realizes that : "THEY MUST RISE UP!!!!!!!!!!!". 

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!