• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still hurts because I want an Atlanta Falcons championship team SO BAD. 

We basically had it in the bag too until the fourth quarter happened,  15 minutes from glory and a representing champion finally. 

In the back of my mind,  I fear the 2016-17 Falcons could well be the greatest team the franchise will ever field for many years to come. (Remember those 85 champion Bears,  they had like two or three straight Super Bowl-worthy seasons afterwards where they only lost between 2-4 games each of those seasons but never again saw the Super Bowl.)

It just ****in sucks. Really does. 

Edited by RiversideFalcon
4 hours ago, freakyfalcon said:

Unfortunately I get reminded of it every other day. I'm in IT and every time I call someone at our Boston location, they bring it up.  

Dude, try LIVING in Boston.

I am over it in the sense that of course life goes on. I've had some amazing stuff happening in a job I love, some fun times with friends, and I've got a bunch of wedding activities coming up for two people (my cousin and my study abroad roommate) that mean so much to me.

But whenever my mind drifts to this game (and that's often because I can't even go to my grocery store without seeing a gigantic Pats display of SB Champ shirts), does it still hurt? F*** yes.

This one won't ever stop stinging (even if/when we win one, I so desperately wanted to beat Tom Brady and the Pats and shut up all the arrogant fans up here). It was right there for the taking and we blew it. 

It sucks.

I made a poem for the #Brotherhood, ode to the movie "10 things I hate about you". Okay, here goes.

I hate it when we lost the Super Bowl

I hate it when we were oh so close

I hate it when all they talk about is Brady, even want to make a movie, when Matt Ryan is the true MVP

I hate it that KS let us out to dry, he was like a drug that kept us high

I hate it that it still hurts me coz that's how true Falcons fans would be

BUT

I hate to let this negativity linger, coz I know the Brotherhood will come out stronger

I hate that our road to another Super Bowl won't be easy, but fans will be with the Birds all the way.

#inBrotherhood #RiseUp

20 hours ago, Sandy5prings said:

Every day I wake up  excited that the Combine and the Draft are around the corner but then I get those dreaded 'brain zaps' from the game. 

I get excited by Taylor Gabriel returning and then start thinking what might have been

I think of all the new additions we're going to make to our DL and LB Corps but immediately have flashes of the last 5 drives

This fvck1ng sucks  guys. I'm scarred. It's worse than losing your first dog. 

I have lost dogs and cats and they are still in my heart. This loss which I believe could have been won easily will be in my heart as well.

It's a game played by millionaires who don't stress it as much as the fans do. The world forgets easily and everyone loves a redemption story. Just remember Tom Brady will be 40. He will hit that QB wall hard, the same one that did in Peyton and Favre. 

Barring injury this 2017 Falcons team has the potential to be one of the greatest yet.

22 hours ago, Lou.Dog said:

I don't. we had a **** of a season and have a great team going forward. I'm pumped for next season. Last season is done and dwelling on it it pointless 

Absolutely. I hurt much more when they lost to the 49ers because I felt like that was the end. I don't hurt here because I feel like this was only the beginning. I'm excited! I think Atlanta sports with both the Falcons and Braves are on the up and up and that in a couple years we're gonna be the envy of some other sports cities.

Nope.  It didn't hurt the Monday after.  Losses happen.  That game was more important than all the others but not that much more.  I laughed at all the posts before the game, "We've got to win!", "We've GOT TO GOT TO GOT TO win!!!".................or what?  You're going to be a Jagwire fan next year?  Suck it up.  We're getting better every year.

Well...I'm definitely better but.....today I was in mattress Firm buying some sheets....and the sales guy was talking football. Said he doesn't get to see his team down here in the south to often...yep....he was a Patriots fan. I told him well.....I'm the anti Christ of that. He said he was fixing to leave where he was with a friend watching the game. He said if we kicked the field goal it was over. No Sh** Sherlock. He said there was no way we should have lost that game. I swear...it's like being a fan of this team is some sort of ancient punishemnet bestowed to us. But anyways...I'm better but a conversation like that still makes me sick. Butttttttttttttttt GO FALCONS

1 hour ago, sonnyjim said:

Nope.  It didn't hurt the Monday after.  Losses happen.  That game was more important than all the others but not that much more.  I laughed at all the posts before the game, "We've got to win!", "We've GOT TO GOT TO GOT TO win!!!".................or what?  You're going to be a Jagwire fan next year?  Suck it up.  We're getting better every year.

If that loss didn't even hurt you the day after, you don't really care very much.  

Not much worse than any other loss?  It was the Super Bowl and we had it firmly in our grasp.  Losing that way would have pissed me off it were the regular season, much less what it actually was.

7 hours ago, PK Manley said:

If that loss didn't even hurt you the day after, you don't really care very much.  

Not much worse than any other loss?  It was the Super Bowl and we had it firmly in our grasp.  Losing that way would have pissed me off it were the regular season, much less what it actually was.

I care plenty but I refuse to whimper and wallow in my disappointment.  

On 2/17/2017 at 9:22 PM, Sandy5prings said:

Every day I wake up  excited that the Combine and the Draft are around the corner but then I get those dreaded 'brain zaps' from the game. 

I get excited by Taylor Gabriel returning and then start thinking what might have been

I think of all the new additions we're going to make to our DL and LB Corps but immediately have flashes of the last 5 drives

This fvck1ng sucks  guys. I'm scarred. It's worse than losing your first dog. 

You need therapist just like I used it...I am now borderline severe depression with antibiotics prescription 3 x a day.

This thoughts won'tgo away until we lift Lombardi.

Anything less.....will continue with pills.