slickgadawg

Do the Jets have anything the Falcons could use on defense?

68 posts in this topic

With this Revis thing going on, the Jets WILL be looking for another cornerback. What can the Falcons trade Trufant to the Jets for?  What is Trufant's value on the open market?  This will get interesting with the Jets holding the 6th pick... A lot of questions, but this is a real situation for the Jets right now...

1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Nope

Not even to move up in the draft? Thats why i asked Trufant's trade value.  If the Jets have nothing on their roster,  what is Trufant's trade value to move up and try and get that 6th pick from the Jets?  They hurting soo bad, that Trufant and the Falcons first just might do it...

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Not even to move up in the draft? Thats why i asked Trufant's trade value.  If the Jets have nothing on their roster,  what is Trufant's trade value to move up and try and get that 6th pick from the Jets?  They hurting soo bad, that Trufant and the Falcons first just might do it...

Not trading Trufant, it's a horrible idea to do...

Skeetbird and papachaz like this

Idk I'll visit this thread in the afternoon slickGAD I'm delerious and was just talking ish. I'm going to bed lol I work night shifts. There is some possibility. Just don't think it's very large 

Just now, capologist said:

Not trading Trufant, it's a horrible idea to do...

I'm one of the main ones saying you need depth at cornerback in today's NFL.  The thing with the Falcons, they have enough depth back there to trade Trufant.  Sometimes you make a move when its there to get better somewhere else... Beasley gonna need help on that D line...

AlabamaFalconFan likes this

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

You don't trade your best corner unless you get a whopper of a deal, and that isn't going to happen. 

Alford is their best corner...  If the Falcons keep Trufant, i guarantee you that teams are gonna go AWAY from Alford's side and expose Trufant next season...

Edited by slickgadawg

17 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Trufant's value to the Falcons far outweighs anything the Jets would give up.  They're not giving up 2 first rounders.

While Trufant is very good it's not like other teams think he's Revis in his prime.

The Jets are not giving up the 6th pick and they're not giving up the best d-lineman they have.

Quinn and Dimitroff have already stated that they are not trading Trufant.  IF you want to go through the mental exercise of a theoretical trade, go ahead.  

It beats obsessing over the poor game management that lost the Super Bowl.

Sorry, I am still having trouble with it.    

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Trufant's value to the Falcons far outweighs anything the Jets would give up.  They're not giving up 2 first rounders.

While Trufant is very good it's not like other teams think he's Revis in his prime.

Trufant not even the Falcons best corner, Alford is.  Alford can hold up against constant looks his way, Trufant cannot. He has gotten away with his reputation.  I say try and sucker the Jets while Trufant's value is somewhat high. I agree, he aint worth two first, but maybe their 31st pick and Trufant will get the Falcons up in the draft...

Just now, etherdome said:

Quinn and Dimitroff have already stated that they are not trading Trufant.  IF you want to go through the mental exercise of a theoretical trade, go ahead.  

You're not the only one.

I don't know about you but I'm not going to be able to let it go for the rest of my life..... unless the Falcons win a Superbowl.

rugger8 likes this

1 minute ago, etherdome said:

Things change.  When Quinn made that statement, it wasnt as critical for the Jets to get another cornerback...

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Trufant not even the Falcons best corner, Alford is.  Alford can hold up against constant looks his way, Trufant cannot. He has gotten away with his reputation.  I say try and sucker the Jets while Trufant's value is somewhat high. I agree, he aint worth two first, but maybe their 31st pick and Trufant will get the Falcons up in the draft...

OK let's say that's true for arguments sake.

Why do you think the Jets are going to break the bank?  You think you know more about player personnel than professional NFL scouts whose job it is to know these things?  If Trufant is not as good as you say then the Jets would give up a 2nd at most and again..... Trufant's value to the Falcons is more than he would get from the Jets.

Oh and 'Their 31st pick?'  Saying stuff like that doesn't help your argument.

11 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Alford is their best corner...  If the Falcons keep Trufant, i guarantee you that teams are gonna go AWAY from Alford's side and expose Trufant next season...

Nah...

Skeetbird likes this

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

OK let's say that's true for arguments sake.

Why do you think the Jets are going to break the bank?  You think you know more about player personnel than professional NFL scouts whose job it is to know these things?  If Trufant is not as good as you say then the Jets would give up a 2nd at most and again..... Trufant's value to the Falcons is more than he would get from the Jets.

Oh and 'Their 31st pick?'  Saying stuff like that doesn't help your argument.

I can't do no worst than THEY have...:lol:

• Blaine Gabbert, Jaguars.
  • Johnny Manziel, Browns.
  • Brandon Weeden, Browns.
  • E.J. Manuel, Bills.
  • Christian Ponder, Vikings.
  • Tim Tebow, Broncos.
  • Jake Locker, Titans.
Edited by slickgadawg
rugger8 likes this

Yeah Trufant is better than Alford but if you think we could possibly get the 6th pick for Trufant, you think Alford would net a top 5 pick? No chance.

I'd be willing to listen to all offers for anyone if I'm the Falcons, but ultimately it'd probably make much more sense for them to stay put or trade down a few spots if they have a partner. They'll more than likely be in a position to have first dibs on all the corner prospects in the draft, at/around their pick.

Folks can sugar coat this all they want, but Vic needs help on that dline. It doesnt matter what Alford and Trufant do back there, they cant cover forever. Vic cant be the only one getting the rush... They need help up front...