If we had had a top 15 defense (with depth), we'd have beat New England

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, conalthomas said:

Well, frogs don't have wings, but the Falcons did have an 8 point lead and the ball on the Patriot 22-yard line with about 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Our fans need to get over it.  All of these "what ifs" threads are pointless.  

We held New England to 28 points.  Not sure how many people would not have taken that before the game started.  I would have taken my chances knowing that going in.   

The fact of the matter is.... we made too many mistakes.  Play calling, blitz pick-up, game management, execution, penalties, fumble, etc.  We lost.  It sucks... no doubt.  There was no fix, no conspiracy, no single person to blame.       

23 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

Statistics are misleading and can be cherry picked for your cause.  I don't go much by rankings, but what I see on the field.  Not to mention we threw three rookies into the fire from the jump.

And I don't like that excuse about injured players, because if we get our injured players back, then they do too.

The second paragraph is a really good point

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I honestly don't see why people want to keep ignorantly point the finger at the defense. It's silly. But people will be people

True, but I'm not pointing at either. We were chosen to lose. It's not hard to see who they wanted to win. We were just the team that were supposed to destroy the villain. I enjoy my Falcons for the enjoyment of them, and football. I know when it's playoff time, everything has already been determined.

4 minutes ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

Only one team in the last ten Super Bowls scored 28 or more and lost.

But whatever. Live in your fantasy world

Did you watch the game? Have you ever played the game? If yes did you ever be in position to be on the field as much as the defense was? 

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Did you watch the game? Have you ever played the game? If yes did you ever be in position to be on the field as much as the defense was? 

I did watch the game. I have a lot of sympathy for what the defense was required to do, especially without enough depth. That's why they weren't a top 15 ranked defense and why we couldn't hold onto the game. Better depth, better defense, and we are Super Bowl champions. That's a fact.

21 minutes ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

I did watch the game. I have a lot of sympathy for what the defense was required to do, especially without enough depth. That's why they weren't a top 15 ranked defense and why we couldn't hold onto the game. Better depth, better defense, and we are Super Bowl champions. That's a fact.

Or better offensive play and play calling  in the second half. Not being top 15 had nothing to do with that loss