A Word Of Encouragement

don00045

Just thought I would share a little encouragement because I am working through the hurt like we all are. This weekend my wife took me to Houston (4 hour drive from Dallas where I live) and bought me a Ryan Jersey with the Super Bowl logo on it. I am thankful to have a wife like this and I refuse to be sad but will wear my new Jersey with pride. A friend told me that when the storm comes all the loose leaves are blown away and the ones left are the quality ones that hold tight in strength. I stand with all true Falcon fans. Rise Up !

Love that analogy of the leaves. Going to hold onto that.

I really think I need to temporarily move from Boston.

I am trying to get over this game (really, I swear I am, but I can't leave my house without being bombarded by the game ... heck, every other commercial on ANY channel is one congratulating the Pats).

Tonight, my friend/roommate was like, "Hey, we've both had **** weeks, let's dress up and go get a drink!"

So I was all in - dressed up, feeling good, sipping a delicious Black Widow martini, and laughing, and fully forgetting the game.

Then an entire table of Pats fans sits down beside us and launches into a rehash of the Super Bowl, the highlights of which kept returning to, "No team but the Falcons could have blown that."

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Any New England fans, PM me because we've got to get together and form a support group. (Not even kidding.)

:bang:

2 minutes ago, RiversideFalcon said:

That is the mark of a true fan,  what separates us from the "fair weather" fans riding the bandwagon. 

I still don my Atlanta Falcons cap and my team colors with pride. 

That game hurt me as much as anyone but I've worn my gear every single day. It's in my blood. Can't help it. Plus the Red and Black is just bad *** anyways.

21 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Then an entire table of Pats fans sits down beside us and launches into a rehash of the Super Bowl, the highlights of which kept returning to, "No team but the Falcons could have blown that."

I guess when they think they are in a safe place and are in a "private" setting they will concede it was a "gift" if you will, that they should have lost.  

Edited by james b

16 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

That game hurt me as much as anyone but I've worn my gear every single day. It's in my blood. Can't help it. Plus the Red and Black is just bad *** anyways.

No game in my nearly 40 years of following NCAA and professional sports has hurt me more than SB 51.

I am exorcising that hurt on this board now.  Its gonna take alittle time but we have to turn this negative into a positive strength.

Roll with the punch and use it as a seal of approval of our devotion to a team.  A badge of honor that the Atlanta Falcons have the best and most loyal fans in professional football.  Pfooey to Buffalo Bills fanbase,  they ain't felt real pain like we have (j/j Bills fans).

This is gonna sting awhile. In the third quarter,  I was ecstatic and already suffering from delusions of grandeur of donning SB 51 champion apparal all over SoCal "rubbing" it in everyone`s faces.  Heh. 

Edited by RiversideFalcon

1 minute ago, RiversideFalcon said:

No game in my nearly 40 yearly of following NCAA and professional sports has hurt me more than SB 51.

I am exorcising that hurt on this board now.  Its gonna take alittle time but we have to turn this negative into a positive strength.

Roll with the punch and use it as a seal of approval of our devotion to a team.  A badge of honor that the Atlanta Falcons have the best and most loyal fans in professional football.  Pfooey to Buffalo Bills fanbase,  they ain't felt real pain like we have (j/j Bills fans).

Bro, if we do that **** three times in a row.....

Those poor ********. Can you imagine this feeling stretched out over three years? Oh my goodness.  

I bet their boards really suck. :lol:

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

Bro, if we do that **** three times in a row.....

Those poor ********. Can you imagine this feeling stretched out over three years? Oh my goodness.  

I bet their boards really suck. :lol:

No they lost four in a row.  First Giants,  Redskins, Cowboys,  and Cowboys again. 

But they like us got over it and moved on. But yeah,  that had to suck!

7 minutes ago, RiversideFalcon said:

No game in my nearly 40 years of following NCAA and professional sports has hurt me more than SB 51.

This is gonna sting awhile. In the third quarter,  I was ecstatic and already suffering from delusions of grandeur of donning SB 51 champion apparal all over SoCal "rubbing" it in everyone`s faces.  Heh. 

What about the browns tho....

9 minutes ago, RiversideFalcon said:

With ya on that, dude. With ya 100%. I had BIG plans.

3 minutes ago, RiversideFalcon said:

No they lost four in a row.  First Giants,  Redskins, Cowboys,  and Cowboys again. 

Four in a row. FOUR in a row. Nope. I can't imagine. 

6 minutes ago, RiversideFalcon said:

Oh god....that's right!!!! Holy ****! Those poor ********. You just know they were all saying "There's just no possible way we lose this fourth one. It's just not possible for one team to lose four in a row". I feel better already.

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

Oh god....that's right!!!! Holy ****! Those poor ********. You just know they were all saying "There's just no possible way we lose this fourth one. It's just not possible for one team to lose four in a row". I feel better already.

Right??? Heck, I'll be saying that NEXT year if we make it back. No way in **** the football gods make us endure another one after last year.

Though I shouldn't challenge the football gods when it comes to the Falcons. They'll make us the first to lose 5 in a row.

Just now, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Right??? Heck, I'll be saying that NEXT year if we make it back. No way in **** the football gods make us endure another one after last year.

Though I shouldn't challenge the football gods when it comes to the Falcons. They'll make us the first to lose 5 in a row.

Yeah, let's not challenge them. They already don't like us enough.