Non Falcons Related Schedule Quirk

Falconsfan567

3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Well the NFL did send us to Oakland then N.O. Then let us hang out at home on a short week then spend 2 full weeks between Denver / Seattle.. 

Dan Quinn asked that the NFL make 2 of the west coast games back-to-back to try to cut down on the travel since the Falcons had to play all the west coast teams (except the 49ers) on the road. Check out the travel here with what the Bengals did.

• Week 2 - at Chargers
  • Week 3 - Patriots
  • Week 4 - at Seahawks (MNF)
  • Week 5 - at Raiders
  • Week 6 - at Oilers
  • Week 7 - at Browns (MNF)
  • Week 8 - at Falcons (SNF)

The Falcons have thankfully never had such a horrendous scheduling setup.

38 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Dan Quinn asked that the NFL make 2 of the west coast games back-to-back to try to cut down on the travel since the Falcons had to play all the west coast teams (except the 49ers) on the road. Check out the travel here with what the Bengals did.

• Week 2 - at Chargers
  • Week 3 - Patriots
  • Week 5 - at Raiders
  • Week 6 - at Oilers

I kno dan did, it was still ridiculous to have that ****** of a travel schedule. And yea that sucks for the bengals  for sure 

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So many here always complain about the NFL screwing the Falcons over with bye weeks and road games or whatever. I just came across something really crazy!! In 1990 the Cincinnati Bengals played 5 straight road games. Holy crap!! I can't even imagine watching the Falcons have to play 5 straight road games.

While that does suck, wouldn't that be offset by an extended home stand?

43 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

While that does suck, wouldn't that be offset by an extended home stand?

You would think but somehow they didn't end up with a 3 or 4 straight home games, unless you count them playing at home, followed by a bye and then 2 more home games. I mean, yes technically that's 3 straight home games, but not 3 straight weeks. A couple years ago the Dolphins had a situation where they went an entire month without playing a road game.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

• Week 2 - at Chargers
  • Week 3 - Patriots
  • Week 5 - at Raiders
  • Week 6 - at Oilers

No , I can't remember the Falcons ever having to play that many straight road games, but I do remember a few years back when the Falcons played 4 straight against teams coming off their bye week. It was a rough stretch.

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

• Week 2 - at Chargers
  • Week 3 - Patriots
  • Week 5 - at Raiders
  • Week 6 - at Oilers

The 2007 Falcons played (I think) six teams coming off bye weeks.