Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unkn0wn

Basketball Thread

291 posts in this topic

There probably a joke or a twilight zone episode in this somewhere 

Atlanta man turns out the lights, closes his shutters gets on his knees and says "Dear Satan I will pledge my soul to you if I can only have 1 more championship for my city," so in typical Atlanta fashion, the devil gives him a Tech NIT banner :lol: 

3 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Yeah they're looking pretty solid for next year .

Really want to see Georgia teams back in the tourney, it's unforgivable given the talent that's produced here, not to be a little more consistent 

This is so true.  I live in SC and all the teams here are trying to penetrate atlanta for basketball talent.  Its a hard thing to do lots of AAU stuff going on but all the schools, SC, Clemson, Winthrop, College of Charleston try to get players out of atlanta.  Mark Fox cant do it either.  If there is a change at georgia as far as coaches go the next coach needs to be able to at least get these guys to consider georgia,  Good post you are exactly right.

On 3/28/2017 at 4:45 PM, NCFalconfan said:

Eons thanks mainly to a heavily unbalanced UNC alum BOG 20+ years ago destroying our BB program that at the time held more conference titles and tied with UNC in national championships over 2 players selling their shoes and game tickets. This all went down by the way while "Saint" Dean Smith was setting up his sham AFAM Studies degree program to keep BB and FB players eligible and athlete graduation rates artificially high-the scam that has UNC in so much hot water now . Good ol' UNC brand soft bigotry at its finest folks. How's it feel to root for the dirtiest program in the country is my question for you.

U mad bro? Carolina way=no vacated wins.

Back to basketball. Roy is hitting back to back final fours with the highest recruiting class being ranked 10th in the past 4 years. So much for Roy needs elite talent to coach.

On 3/29/2017 at 5:29 PM, Ethanga62890 said:

Back to basketball. Roy is hitting back to back final fours with the highest recruiting class being ranked 10th in the past 4 years. So much for Roy needs elite talent to coach.

I thought about that. But then I heard we had six McDonald's All-Americans. Only dook had more this year.

3 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I thought about that. But then I heard we had six McDonald's All-Americans. Only dook had more this year.

We still have talent for sure. We only have 2 five stars I believe though. Theo n justin. Could be wrong

Down year for the ACC this March but the 3 year Tournament payout for the ACC is over $100M. By far the greatest amount for any conference. That money is of course split between all schools. This year's tournament is worth $264,859 per game.

5 minutes ago, Ethanga62890 said:

I think Bradley is gonna be awesome next year.

Let's hope he comes back. Bradley, Berry, Pinson, and Felton/Williams are four of a good starting five. We still need to find our new four, but I think we're going to be good again. If Knox commits, we'll be the top team in the ACC but I think he's headed to Durham.

Don't know if anyone watched the McDonald's game, but I am fired up for Sexton at Alabama. Freakish athleticism and he can shoot very well. 

10 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Wow down goes UCONN :o

Flipped over there right over the United game lol. Good night of sports. 

i am sooo rooting for miss state to win it all tomorrow.  i hope that win over uconn isn't a waste and they can finish the drill.  what an amazing game.  

UConn needed to go down. The womens game needed that big moment and attention. You cant really do anything about it but UConn's dominance has made the game boring. I think even Geno knew they needed to lose. He had a big smile on his face when buzzer beater went in.

95Dawg likes this

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

i am sooo rooting for miss state to win it all tomorrow.  i hope that win over uconn isn't a waste and they can finish the drill.  what an amazing game.  

Me too. One of my degrees came from State. 

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Not me. Go Gamecocks baby!!

My goodness is Carolina just overpowering running to the paint. They play on top of you almost perfect. Can't believe how good they turned out to be.