Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unkn0wn

Basketball Thread

291 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

You seem to be counting out South Carolina prematurely. I like the Zags but with that defense, USC can beat either of the other three teams.

How?

9 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

You seem to be counting out South Carolina prematurely. I like the Zags but with that defense, USC can beat either of the other three teams.

I believe South Carolina can win. I think Gonzaga will be ready though. West Virginia gave them a glimpse of tough defense. They'll have that experience to draw from.

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How?

I read it wrong. I read "Northwest vs Carolina" as opposed to "the Carolinas" because I'm an unabashed homer and I can't see the name Carolina without flashing light blue... 

Ethanga62890 likes this

17 hours ago, Brave Nu Werld said:

He said Carolinas -plural. 

And I agree. At this point SC has as good a chance as anyone. 

I would normally say that UNC looks to have the best team playing its best, but I thought that about Kansas and Oregon shut them down. 

Yep. I saw what I wanted to see instead of what he wrote... And at this point, it's not the best team that wins. It's the one that brings it when it's time and if this tournament proved anything, it's that a USC/Oregon finale is far from impossible.

Atlanta 66 likes this

On 3/27/2017 at 10:23 AM, Ethanga62890 said:

When was moous last final four? **** even elite 8

Eons thanks mainly to a heavily unbalanced UNC alum BOG 20+ years ago destroying our BB program that at the time held more conference titles and tied with UNC in national championships over 2 players selling their shoes and game tickets. This all went down by the way while "Saint" Dean Smith was setting up his sham AFAM Studies degree program to keep BB and FB players eligible and athlete graduation rates artificially high-the scam that has UNC in so much hot water now . Good ol' UNC brand soft bigotry at its finest folks. How's it feel to root for the dirtiest program in the country is my question for you.

Mike Brey and Shaka Smart have both turned down Georgetown. Brey is very happy at ND and Smart doesn't want to leave his top recruiting class coming in at Texas.

If Tech does win the NIT it's kinda sad that this is the closest thing to a "championship" our city has won since 1995 :rolleyes: 

Edit: Although technically NFC Championship>>>>> NIT

47 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Tech seems to be trending in the right direction. They'll be a team you can't overlook next season. 

Yeah they're looking pretty solid for next year .

Really want to see Georgia teams back in the tourney, it's unforgivable given the talent that's produced here, not to be a little more consistent 

sassy_bird likes this

Kansas State also decided to keep Weber since they made a late charge into the tournament. No hope of Fox leaving on his own this year.