Unkn0wn

Basketball Thread

288 posts in this topic

I have Duke winning it all, but I would LOVE to see South Carolina make a run. Looks good for the SEC. 

so the acc started off with 9 teams and 1 remains in the sweet 16.. wow  

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

I'm glad for the win but Arkansas was the better team for much of that game. I should be happy for the win but it feels almost like a loss. Butler always gives us trouble and now they know that aggressive defense on our guards before we get into our set is like Kryptonite.

On another note, South Carolina is giving Duke just as much of a challenge.

Berry Havin a few days to heal will be good for us. If we don't play hero ball like we did in the beginning of the 2nd half we should win. Butler is gonna be tough for sure. Isaiah Hicks came through tonight in the clutch though. Knocking down 4 FTS and getting a bucket in the last minutes. Also USCe won. Lol

42 minutes ago, Ethanga62890 said:

Berry Havin a few days to heal will be good for us. If we don't play hero ball like we did in the beginning of the 2nd half we should win. Butler is gonna be tough for sure. Isaiah Hicks came through tonight in the clutch though. Knocking down 4 FTS and getting a bucket in the last minutes. Also USCe won. Lol

Roy kept him out for a long time in the second half. Even after he returned from the finger injury. I like Britt but not as the only ball handler in a close game. Meeks played well but once again we ignored him to our detriment. We have to play from inside out but like you said, we go into hero mode and jack up shots after one or two passes. That's how we lost to dook and that's how we nearly lost on Sunday night.

South Carolina wanted it more. Kudos to them for a heck of a second half. Tough to beat any team that shoots 71% in a half. This Duke team just couldn't seem to find it's footing. They flashed greatness at times but just couldn't find that consistency.

JayOzOne and Falconsfan567 like this

What happened at point guard with your team this year? It seemed like an average one could have flourished with the talent that was there playing positions 2-4. The thing about recruiting and landing the best players is you need to have great chemistry in order for it to work. That's why the Okafor/Tyus Jones package was significant to the Chip you won that year. It's also why Ohio State did well when Greg Oden/Mike Conley/Daequan Cook signed after playing together for years on the AAU circuit.

Roy's been getting shut out for talent every other year. Next year, instead of waiting for the elites to pick dook or UK, he signed under-the-radar bigs with great upside to go along with Jalek Felton. I expect them to play well two seasons from now. They may take time to develop, but we'll keep them for four years and have a great chance at a strong roster as they improve.

Grayson was suppose to step up and be a steady experienced hand but that didn't happen. That really hurt us. The team was at its best when Grayson did his thing. 

23 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Roy kept him out for a long time in the second half. Even after he returned from the finger injury. I like Britt but not as the only ball handler in a close game. Meeks played well but once again we ignored him to our detriment. We have to play from inside out but like you said, we go into hero mode and jack up shots after one or two passes. That's how we lost to dook and that's how we nearly lost on Sunday night.

britt scares the **** out of me.

Wichita State is expected to join the American Conference. The league is expected to vote on inviting them as a 12th non-football member. Wichita State has signaled they will accept. Gives the AAC a nice basketball presence. They would have Wichita State, Cincinnati, UConn, Memphis and SMU leading the charge. 

Good add beyond the logistics. It's too bad they don't have a football program, they would have been a great fit for the Big 12's basketball conference.

Georgetown fired John Thompson III. Bold move but a needed one. The program has stalled under the younger Thompson. First round upsets had become a problem too when they did have a good regular season. Lots of talk about Danny Hurley coming over from Rhode Island. Shaka Smart also listed a possibility. The elephant in the room is Patrick Ewing. He's an alum and has been searching for a HC job for years. He has no actual experience though and hasn't been a coach of any kind in college. Sounds like Hurley and Ewing are the two early favorites.

And Michigan goes down. I'll never understand why teams dribble out time at the end of close games and instead of making a play close to the basket, shoot desperate shots from behind the arc. If you are down by one point, go to the hole. You'll get a better look and at least the chance for a foul or offensive rebound. It happens every year at this time. The three-point line might look good on Sports Center if you make it. But the season looks better if you win on a layup instead of lose by lobbing a brick.

We're down to 15...

Bdawg58 likes this

Purdue and Kansas also shaping up to be a good game. They both seem to be hitting from all over the court

Just watching Kansas play this year, I don't see many holes. Whenever they have to make a run or make a shot, they do it. That team is going to be tough to beat. 

Well, we know either Xavier or Gonzaga will be in the Final Four for the first time ever. Kansas does look like the best team in the tournament though. Not sure anyone will beat them.

One of the Carolinas takes Butler out, the other destroys Baylor. We are down to ten contestants. South Carolina is looking like Nova looked last year.

Posted (edited)

Not a uga die hard, but too bad they can't get a run like the gamecoccs, oh well grats to USC, those are my neighbors in my area.

Edited by DirtybyrdGA
Falconsfan567 likes this