Unkn0wn

Basketball Thread

301 posts in this topic

For now My St Mary's is up 18-13 on Nova. Could today be the day?

Nova 30 Mt St Mary's 29 at halftime.

No real upsets today except Xavier over Maryland. 

Minnesota may have been the "favorite" by seeding, but MTSU was the Vegas favorite. I hardly consider that an "upset."

Pretty dull opening for the tournament. Some close games but no real upsets. Vandy/Northwestern had the best ending so far.

New Mexico State was up on Baylor at halftime but Baylor is blowing them up in the 2nd half. Thought we might have an upset alert but nope.

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Wisconsin up by 4 on Nova at the half. 

Wisconsin killed one of my brackets.  Villanova is done.

I have UNC in the other but want Duke to win.  I have them playing UNC for the Championship in that bracket.  

4 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Wisconsin killed one of my brackets.  Villanova is done.

I have UNC in the other but want Duke to win.  I have them playing UNC for the Championship in that bracket.  

If Joel Berry is hurt, UNC is in trouble. They don't play near as well without Berry.

the acc took it on the chin today.. horrible showing for their teams.. 2 were absolutely destroyed and a 3rd lost by double digits.  i was stunned what florida did to virginia.  i thought they would win, but it wasn't even a game. 

this iowa state/purdue game has been awesome.. iowa state down by what 19 points and it's now a 4 point game.. awesome comeback. 

12 hours ago, tl;dr said:

If Joel Berry is hurt, UNC is in trouble. They don't play near as well without Berry.

He missed Davidson and Tennessee. They beat Davidson by 9 and Tennessee by 2. They can win but it's going to be tougher. I still think they get by Arkansas.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

I didn't have Virginia beating Wilmington so I'm not surprised by that. FSU surprised me though.

to only score 39 points in a college game is just unbelievable and embarrassing.  i was just stunned by that.  fsu surprised me as well,  i expected them to compete and they didn't.  this early louisville/michigan is going to be huge.  should be interesting to see who wins that game.. that's one game i am looking forward to today. 

Washington has hired Mike Hopkins as HC. The noteworthy thing there is he was an assistant at Syracuse. Boeheim is retiring after next season and Hopkins was the heir apparent. Syracuse actually officially named Hopkins the HC in waiting in 2015. So now the question is does Boeheim stick around. Syracuse has to start all over again regardless. 

great defensive play to block that 3 pointer and michigan takes down louisville by 4..

wichita st giving kentucky all they can handle so far this game.. up by 4 points.. great game. 

shaq morris is freaking awesome.  a man his size who can pass like that.  nice. 

55 minutes ago, Ethanga62890 said:

UNC escaped today. 

I'm glad for the win but Arkansas was the better team for much of that game. I should be happy for the win but it feels almost like a loss. Butler always gives us trouble and now they know that aggressive defense on our guards before we get into our set is like Kryptonite.

On another note, South Carolina is giving Duke just as much of a challenge.

Ethanga62890 likes this