Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unkn0wn

Basketball Thread

291 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

I think UGA will beat Belmont. It's a rematch of last year's first round NIT game so Belmont will be looking for revenge. UGA should have the talent to win. I see Frazier having  a big night.

Concern has to be that Yante isn't 100% yet and he was dominant in that game last year. I think we *should* beat them, but likely need more contribution from the rest of the team to be comfortable.

Missouri names Cuonzo Martin HC. He gets a 7 year deal worth $21M to leave Cal. It's the biggest contract for a basketball HC in school history.

Today is the day! Tournament kicks off at noon with a couple of 5/12 games. Princeton vs Notre Dame starts it. A few minutes later UNC Wilmington and Virginia tip.

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Today is the day! Tournament kicks off at noon with a couple of 5/12 games. Princeton vs Notre Dame starts it. A few minutes later UNC Wilmington and Virginia tip.

Love it. I have a call from 10-noon, but then most of my afternoon has been "booked up" with viewing time. The clubhouse in my neighborhood has a perfect setup. one 60" TV in the center with 4x 38" around the outside. So can keep all 4 games on the outside, then just change the middle depending on what's interesting.

Unkn0wn likes this

I understand they are a perimeter team, but when all you need is 1 to tie, I can't see a scenario where you don't try and drive and get a *chance* at a foul.

Florida up 33-32 on East Tennessee at half. ETSU HC Steve Forbes was a name coming up if UGA replaced Fox. Forbes is familiar with the SEC from being on Pearl's staff at Tennessee

fibonaccisquared likes this

15 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Florida up 33-32 on East Tennessee at half. ETSU HC Steve Forbes was a name coming up if UGA replaced Fox. Forbes is familiar with the SEC from being on Pearl's staff at Tennessee

Probably not the best thing for us unless Fox is actually pursuing other openings. He's actually the coach I'd most like to see us pursue (realistically at least) if we were going to pull the trigger this offseason. Heck of a recruiter and they're getting it done today with literally no help from the refs... every call going UF's way in the first half at least.

Florida pulling away.

Middle Tennessee up by 6 on Minnesota at halftime. That could be the first upset of the tournament. Middle Tennessee came in at 30-4 overall and this same team beat Michigan State in round 1 last year as a #15 seed.

It wouldn't be a huge upset. A lot of people actually picked Middle Tennessee in this game. Even in a lesser conference you don't win 30 games for no reason. 

42 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Geez.. how bout Middle Tennessee's coach at UGA? 

Found out why he's never left Middle Tennessee. This was 26 years ago and he still hasn't gotten another Power 5 job.

He flopped badly in his last go-round with a major program. Just 31 when he took over at Texas A&M, Davis was so lousy at cheating that he went 8-21, got the Aggies on probation and earned a two-year show-cause penalty that busted him down to the junior college ranks.

Northwestern wins because of Vandys Fisher-Davis. Vandy hit a shot to go up by 1 with 14 seconds left. Fisher-Davis forgets the score and immediately fouls the Northwestern guard and they hit both free throws.

23 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Found out why he's never left Middle Tennessee. This was 26 years ago and he still hasn't gotten another Power 5 job.

He flopped badly in his last go-round with a major program. Just 31 when he took over at Texas A&M, Davis was so lousy at cheating that he went 8-21, got the Aggies on probation and earned a two-year show-cause penalty that busted him down to the junior college ranks.

IMG_0406.JPG