Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gbpack10

Hey Atlanta fans

36 posts in this topic

Appreciate the kind words, I really do...but you haven't been there.  Literally only the 2016 Atlanta Falcons have been there...there being up 25 points in the Superbowl and losing.

:(

Just now, Gbpack10 said:

9 times out of 10 you win that game. Unfortunately this was the one time.

Yes sir!  Still so crazy to me...

1 minute ago, DuckBoatParades said:

At least you guys are consistent with the visiting fans that stop by.... ;)

GbPack10 has been here for years, never trolled as far as I can remember, and is always a stand up guy.  Literally my favorite poster, from another fan base, on these boards.

4 minutes ago, kschreck said:

GbPack10 has been here for years, never trolled as far as I can remember, and is always a stand up guy.  Literally my favorite poster, from another fan base, on these boards.

Yep, he is good peoples.  Genuine and sincere.

@Gbpack10, I suppose heart break is heart break for sure.  I just feel like this one probably stings a little more for us.  Not to get into the whole WE HAVE IT WORSE off crap, but I cannot describe the feeling I had on Sunday other than completely and utterly devastated.  I'm much better now, but it still sucks baaaaaaaaaaaad.

5 minutes ago, kschreck said:

Hate saying it about a Saint fan, but mine is probably saint4life25 (is that it?) . All class.

saints4life25 likes this

20 minutes ago, athell said:

Yep, he is good peoples.  Genuine and sincere.

@Gbpack10, I suppose heart break is heart break for sure.  I just feel like this one probably stings a little more for us.  Not to get into the whole WE HAVE IT WORSE off crap, but I cannot describe the feeling I had on Sunday other than completely and utterly devastated.  I'm much better now, but it still sucks baaaaaaaaaaaad.

This. x 100.

I feel like I spent this entire week just going through the motions.

I feel much better than Sunday and Monday but if I do not keep myself really occupied with work, friends, etc., my mind INSTANTLY flashes to 28-3.

Ugh.

2 hours ago, athell said:

Appreciate the kind words, I really do...but you haven't been there.  Literally only the 2016 Atlanta Falcons have been there...there being up 25 points in the Superbowl and losing.

:(

Dude's just being compassionate. Be decent.

GhostofGritz likes this

I saw how other teams that were rooting for us when we were winning and how quickly turned against us and laughed at us... it was so painful... there are 3 of us at home, my hubby, my 11 year old son and I... my son cried himself to sleep... yeah... and I felt like I was dumped by my hot boyfriend, who chose a video vixen over me... and my hubby took his sorrows fixing every single thing in the house that need fixing... we as a family stopped watching any sports show....man... and then I read @gazoo... got a retweet from Devonta Freeman...looking forward

Edited by DirdieBirdieIndie
typo
gazoo likes this

2 hours ago, kschreck said:

I second this. He's a very cool guy and a good poster.

Slappywhite and capologist like this

I personally was gonna in disbelief. To be cheering and cheering hard for 3 qtrs and to watch the confetti fall on Tom Brady and the Pats get the crown. I would have rather been blown out and said "we weren't ready" or to have lost a close tight game and said "we both fought hard but they won" but to lose like this it hurts. Thinking for 3 qtrs your going to get your first Lombardi only to watch Tom Brady get his fifth. One team has 0 in 51 years, the other 5 with the same got **** QB. 

nitrojiber and Halcon-1 like this

My wife and I golfed today and on the way home we passed

a couple people under a tent selling black and red articles on the roadside, big signs saying   '$5'.   

My wife said "It says Falcon shirts five dollars" and my reply was,

"They'll have to pay me more than that to take one"

---I know.  Bitter, but hey, I was kidding.   (About 50%)

:bang:

4 hours ago, DuckBoatParades said:

At least you guys are consistent with the visiting fans that stop by.... ;)

Good god dude are you going to stay here forever? lol I mean you're welcome to but don't you have a circle jerk to attend or something? 

Ps I'm jk.

Adam viniteri is from my hometown. His mom served lunches at my elementary school in Rapid City Sd so I rooted for him in 01,02,04. Adam went to Central HS. Aka the cobblers. 

Slappywhite likes this

4 hours ago, Gbpack10 said:

9 times out of 10 you win that game. Unfortunately this was the one time.

Sorry... more like 98 times out of a 100, and that's only using the Falcon's bad luck and dumbass decisions filter.

aer2033 likes this

5 hours ago, Gbpack10 said:

Very sorry you guys didn't win that game. I was so pulling for you and really felt your pain. I would have loved if you guys won the Superbowl instead of the stinking Patriots. Hate the Patriots. Hopefully you guys come back strong next season. I feel your pain, we have been there 2 years ago in the 2014 NFC Championship game vs Seattle.

Thanks Man,, we appreciate your kindness.

Your team is one that we all respect for quite some time and I  have never seen anybody on this forum express any ill will towards your team and or city..

We all loved what you did to the Dallas Ghey Boys……EPIC I tells ya, just Epic.

3 hours ago, DirdieBirdieIndie said:

I saw how other teams that were rooting for us when we were winning and how quickly turned against us and laughed at us... it was so painful... there are 3 of us at home, my hubby, my 11 year old son and I... my son cried himself to sleep... yeah... and I felt like I was dumped by my hot boyfriend, who chose a video vixen over me... and my hubby took his sorrows fixing every single thing in the house that need fixing... we as a family stopped watching any sports show....man... and then I read @gazoo... got a retweet from Devonta Freeman...looking forward

just know I would never choose a video vixen over you DBI :D

DirdieBirdieIndie likes this

I've watched ESPN solely to watch sporting events. I have watched a combined 5 minutes of actual sports analysis since the loss. I'm not sure when I'll be ready to watch Sportscenter or other shows like it. 

8 hours ago, kschreck said:

Me too, stand up guy