Quinn getting such a pass.

windu

Fire and Dan Quinn shouldn't be in the same sentence. What other 2nd year Coach has taken his team to an Overtime Super Bowl loss? However he will also be rememered as the HC of the team that blew it all. I wish he wouldn't say " After looking at the film we made the right calls." When the whole country is saying we blew it. KS proved he is strongly opinionated and arrogant Wanted to run up the score instead of getting the sure win in the biggest game of this town's history! He totally disregarded who was across the field, two of the smartest men in pro football history.

8 hours ago, windu said:

Mike Smith got the axe for the same kind of stupid decisions that lost us the Super Bowl.  Stupid play calls that ignore game situations and no understanding of clock management.  Like the Detroit game in London.  He's so likable, that people just don't want to blame him along with Kyle Shanahan.  He's the head coach.  He has veto power.  The ball was snapped with 20 seconds on the play clock several times and he did nothing about it.  

Dan Quinn doesn't get a pass.  That crap was unforgivable.  That coaching performance was on par with the worst we got from Mike Smith.  That's my opinion.

I have seen plenty of people that aren't giving Quinn a free pass.

As far as a first time head coach, in his second season, coaching the biggest game of his life, and needing to learn from some mistakes....I guess that's where our opinions differ. I certainly dont see it as "unforgivable."

Smith had years of questionable decisions that he didn't seem to learn from I really don't see the connection there.

9 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

You homers need to realize Quinn is holding this team back!!!!

So true, I now see the error in my ways.  A Super Bowl victory in year 2 really is the only way that DQ could have justified keeping his job....time to move on!  I wonder if we can pry Lane Kiffin away from his new job.  We already know him and Sarkisian get along.

I have been as critical of Dan Quinn as anyone after Super Bowl LI:  Houston, We Have a Disaster.

But, anyone who truly believes Quinn should be fired because of it just doesn't understand pro football. 

Firing Quinn would be similar to deciding to build a house,  and then removing the foundation the day before it's finished.

I don't think Quinn is getting a pass.  He has been criticized plenty in the media and on these boards.  

The fact is that we don't go to the SB without Quinn.  

Did he crap the bed in the 4th quarter....Yes.  There is nothing that can done about the past, except learn from it.

Time to move on. 

10 hours ago, windu said:

Mike Smith got the axe for the same kind of stupid decisions that lost us the Super Bowl.  Stupid play calls that ignore game situations and no understanding of clock management.  Like the Detroit game in London.  He's so likable, that people just don't want to blame him along with Kyle Shanahan.  He's the head coach.  He has veto power.  The ball was snapped with 20 seconds on the play clock several times and he did nothing about it.  

Dan Quinn doesn't get a pass.  That crap was unforgivable.  That coaching performance was on par with the worst we got from Mike Smith.  That's my opinion.

This is a stupid post. Just dumb and stupid.

11 hours ago, windu said:

Dude...just shut the f*ck up.

We aren't going to axe a HC that got us to a SB in his second year.

Quinn definitely messed up by not saying "now that we're in FG range, let's just run the ball" after the Julio catch.

Quinn definitely did a poor job allowing 31 points in the last 20 some odd minutes of the game, even though his defense was tired.  He should have made some adjustments.

Sure, we can say that and that makes perfect sense.  He also has a clear vision for the team, and got them to that point in 2 years.  The good far outweighs the bad, and you hope he learns from his obvious mistakes and the team is even better next year.

I still have trouble fathoming how you lose a game like that, but it's the first potentially dominant Falcons team I've seen since 1980, if ever, so I'll go with continuing that.

It will take another season of Quinn to see if he is like Smith. Smith didn't get fired for just the Snafu at the London game, he again showed poor game decisions against the Browns. There were several mistakes he made in 2012 but the team won in spite of them. DQ should've stepped up and said something to KS. The game was within 4 minutes of ending. We all know the FG was needed. DQ should know....there will be another game where this type of situation will be present. I just hope he learns from this and not repeatedly fall into the same hole as Smith did.

3 hours ago, kschreck said:

So true, I now see the error in my ways.  A Super Bowl victory in year 2 really is the only way that DQ could have justified keeping his job....time to move on!  I wonder if we can pry Lane Kiffin away from his new job.  We already know him and Sarkisian get along.

I like your thinking but I was wondering if we could snag that Clemson coach he already be winning

13 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Dan Quinn gets NO pass from me for not overruling Shanahan. I'm furious about it.

But looking ahead, we can either:

A.) Push forward and believe he'll learn from it

B.) Fire the guy who got us to a Super Bowl in his sophomore year as a head coach, fielding a defense full of rookies and decimated by injury that made Tom Brady look like Brock Osweiler for 3 quarters.

I'll go with A.

giphy.gif

I don't know that not mentioning Quinn as much as mentioning our old OC is giving him a pass.  He messed up and it was costly.  Gotta hope we can replicate the magic and finish in the next few years but lets be real...the guy got us to a SB in year TWO!  

I don't think it's unreasonable for us to give him a shot at learning from his mistakes and getting us over the hump.  

3 hours ago, Califalcon0013 said:

Who let the drama causing cry baby start a thread? Of you think quinn was the reason we lost the game your fooling yourself.

I agree that there is too much drama, but I also think that Quinn was the root cause for this loss.  He should have better managed the game.  He should have given Shanny the following directives:

1.  Take time off the clock (or force the Pats to burn time outs)

2.  Set up the FG.  

3.  Prepare a clock-consuming drive, in case we get another possession. 

That is what Bill Belichick would have done.  That is what most coaches would do.  That is what a winning football team does.  

The media has repeated the above over and over.  Quinn has not gotten a pass.  He knows how he failed and that is that.  Move on to next season.

Edited by etherdome