Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

giveaway for falcons commerative last home game ticket!!!!
The "mash Report" will be coming back for the 2017 Training Camp

43 posts in this topic

Back in 2008 I had a passion with taking pictures. I noticed a lot of fans here were not able to attend the training camps, and also reporters were only reporting a small percent that took place at the camps. So in 2009 I started going to the training camps and writing down everything I noticed that day. It was not about being right or wrong, it was about giving the board members here a sense they were there. At times I got heckled, like saying how Antoine Smith was not looking good and that his calf muscles were different sizes (that was his 2015 season after returning from his injury, and he was let go shortly after). Other times I gave an insight of the fights that broke out, balls being dropped, amazing catches, picks and etc. The goal was to make everyone here feel like they were actually at the camp that day.

So for 2016 I needed a break from the internet as well as reporting. I thought I was done, but I kept seeing threads/post through the years asking where the reports were and had people contacting me. So I am going to bring out my old reporting with photography skills for the 2017 season as much as I can. I may not be able to attend all of them like I used to, due to me being a travelling photographer for Pro MMA and Cheer Competitions. but I will try my hardest to be there as much as possible.

Les Harper made this image all on his own. So maybe I can pull him back out to draw sometimes. And who knows, maybe other old hardcore members will come back. 

kbvlg2.jpg

As for the giveaway. if you are interested in the giveaway. all you have to do is go to the appreciation thread and show your appreciation for the falcons. On Monday I have a plan that will draw some of the players, coaches and staff to it. and they Should see that we are proud of their accomplishments for the 2016 season. If you do not want to do that due to not having anything nice to say, just reply to this thread saying you want to have your name in the drawing, and I will still include you.

No automatic alt text available.

I will give one of these away to one person who commented in the appreciation (or to a person who could not find something nice to say in this thread). On Monday I will use a software that will pick a random name. I will contact you and send it to you in the mail. (if in the case it is someone who lives outside of the united states, we will look at the fees for shipping.). 

Sui_Generis, sdogg, mvcrook and 5 others like this

I remember when you first started doing this it was a nice read for those of us who couldn't make the training camp that day

Edited by MissBlackandRed
I can't spell apparently:)
mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

@mashburn*Fibonacci I've always loved your reports from Training Camp. You always have great pictures to share. Makes living up here that much more manageable.  I used to go to training camp in Suwanee with my father way back in the day. Getting a milkshake from the McDonalds, and sitting on the hillside. Great times. Little known fact, in Suwanee after the season was over you could walk through the woods and find kicking balls that went over the nets all the times. Never been to Flowery Branch, but is that still a possibility?

24 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

The goal was to make everyone here feel like they were actually at the camp that day.

And you did that well.

Glad to hear you're going to pick it up again.

2 minutes ago, Alaska Falcon said:

@mashburn*Fibonacci I've always loved your reports from Training Camp. You always have great pictures to share. Makes living up here that much more manageable.  I used to go to training camp in Suwanee with my father way back in the day. Getting a milkshake from the McDonalds, and sitting on the hillside. Great times. Little known fact, in Suwanee after the season was over you could walk through the woods and find kicking balls that went over the nets all the times. Never been to Flowery Branch, but is that still a possibility?

Awesome, I am glad I give you that feel of being at the camps. this season will be a lot better just because of my skills outside of just taking a picture have improved. I can tell a story better and do not have to scroll through 5,000 images from one day are the main improvements. 

Finding kicking balls at flowery branch is not possible. because they either A.... kick them towards the apartments or B...... they kick them into the entrance onto the fields that have a safety net. and there is always security there to going after any that went over the net. 

Crazy Trav likes this

1 minute ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Awesome, I am glad I give you that feel of being at the camps. this season will be a lot better just because of my skills outside of just taking a picture have improved. I can tell a story better and do not have to scroll through 5,000 images from one day are the main improvements. 

Finding kicking balls at flowery branch is not possible. because they either A.... kick them towards the apartments or B...... they kick them into the entrance onto the fields that have a safety net. and there is always security there to going after any that went over the net. 

Thanks man. One day I'll make it back home and bring my daughter's to a camp. They don't understand the dog days of summer in Atlanta, LOL!

1 hour ago, Alaska Falcon said:

Thanks man. One day I'll make it back home and bring my daughter's to a camp. They don't understand the dog days of summer in Atlanta, LOL!

I used to go to training camp right by myslef between 1995 and 1998. Drove up from Dublin Ga. I miss those days!

Really appreciate you doing this again this year. Your posts are always a pleasure and something i look forward to reading every training camp.

Keep up the hard work brother!

Nice can't wait to see your work, missed you last year. I went to that saints game as well and got the same plaque. Is that "Game 10" a miss print? It was the last week of the season. Was it the 10th game we played them in the dome?

7 minutes ago, bknowles said:

Nice can't wait to see your work, missed you last year. I went to that saints game as well and got the same plaque. Is that "Game 10" a miss print? It was the last week of the season. Was it the 10th game we played them in the dome?

It was the 10th game played at the dome. 

and don't worry I had to do a double take when I grabbed it. 

bknowles likes this

2 hours ago, Tandy said:

hope to see you there this year, Mash!    

PS.  Dont put me in the drawing, I have one.

I'll definitely message you as camp gets closer. Hope to see you there as well. 

Tandy likes this

1 hour ago, GTBF54 said:

Great to see ya back Mash............ Will try to meet up this year at TC if able........

Most definitely....... I usually am quiet/focused when I'm at camp. Just because I want to have a lot to write about. But I'm always up for company and having someone else to bring another set of eyes. 

11 hours ago, Crazy Trav said:

Yes! Thanks Mash I have always enjoyed your analysis and pics.

11 hours ago, CADirtyBird said:

Glad to see you doing this again. I'd like to be in the drawing. Thanks!

11 hours ago, MissBlackandRed said:

I remember when you first started doing this it was a nice read for those of us who couldn't make the training camp that day

11 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Wooohoo! Thanks mash! 

11 hours ago, rounz said:

And you did that well.

Glad to hear you're going to pick it up again.

11 hours ago, papachaz said:

Awesome! always enjoyed your reports and especially all the pictures. Not sure I've replied to the appreciation thread, but heading over there now to double check.

10 hours ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

As a full-time lurker on here for years, who lives out of state... I really miss your camp reports.  Please ignore the troll, your work was always awesome.

Thank you for doing this again.

9 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

I used to go to training camp right by myslef between 1995 and 1998. Drove up from Dublin Ga. I miss those days!

9 hours ago, Coeus said:

Really appreciate you doing this again this year. Your posts are always a pleasure and something i look forward to reading every training camp.

Keep up the hard work brother!

9 hours ago, turnerdburner said:

Welcome back mash dude your reports were missed, looking forward to them this year

Thanks. And also if you haven't wrote in the appreciation thread, go ahead and so. So you can be included in possibly winning the commerative falcons ticket for their last home game. 

I know I PMed you, but hey, I need to make this public:  

For all you new fans and members, this is the kind of awesome stuff that happens on this board!  The Mashburn report will make you PUMPED for football season!  

Thanks for doing this man, and I hope fate smiles on me :-)  

Now, if we can get supes and grits back to some artwork, this place will feel just about right. 

mashburn*Fibonacci and rounz like this