POLL: In your opinion: How long until the Atlanta Falcons make it to the Super Bowl again?

In your opinion: How long until the Atlanta Falcons make it to the Super Bowl again?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion: How long until the Atlanta Falcons make it to the Super Bowl again?

• 2017 Next Year!!! ---- Defense is gonna ramp up BIG TIME in draft and FA and next year NO ONE is getting in our way!!!
    • 2018 - 2 years from now - The Super Bowl will be in ATL that season and The Falcons will be the first team to play in the super Bowl in their own stadium---those that didn't get PSL's are gonna be sorry!
    • 2019 - 3 years from now - use your head everyone --its gonna take us at least 3 years to recover from the heartache and hangover of this devastating SB loss
    • Sometime Between 2020 and 2025 - Over 4 years from now when Matt Ryan's contract is over and he is finally replaced..but less than 10 years from now-- basically it will only happen sometime in the post Matt Ryan falcons future--look if he couldnt get it together this year in his MVP season it aint ever gonna happen
    • Are you F'ing kidding??? NEVER---2016 season was it--We will never get there again - we are doomed and cursed--we will be forever tortured as Falcon s Fans --unable to win it all yet always coming back to see if there is a chance only to be disappointed til the end of time

18 minutes ago, Lowndesfalc said:

Next dam year. Defense will be top ten. Matty Ice will have more control over play calling. Of course injuries can have a major impact but as long as injuries are reasonable then I truly believe that we'll be right back in it. 

If your o-line lucks out another full healthy year, then it's arguable you'll easily make it to the playoffs.

Thing is, one could say that about the Panthers. They stay healthy they arguably have a top 3 o-line. PFF had the Panthers -line at #2 in 2015, and we still have all five of those pieces with a likely upgrade at RT.

All I'll say is our offense is going to look a whole lot different from reports I'm seeing, and in a very positive way. If the offense trends to where I think it'll go scheme wise, the league better watch out.

8 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

If your o-line lucks out another full healthy year, then it's arguable you'll easily make it to the playoffs.

Thing is, one could say that about the Panthers. They stay healthy they arguably have a top 3 o-line. PFF had the Panthers -line at #2 in 2015, and we still have all five of those pieces with a likely upgrade at RT.

All I'll say is our offense is going to look a whole lot different from reports I'm seeing, and in a very positive way. If the offense trends to where I think it'll go scheme wise, the league better watch out.

Yours like ours goes as our QBs go. I have no confidence in Cams health and it's going to get worse with the pounding he takes. 

I'd love to see us go back to it next year but there's more to it that that. Every year has it ups and downs and it takes more than a good team to make it there, it also takes luck; the kind of luck we had this year. You just can't count on that every year. We're a perfect example. We returned a team this year that was pretty much the same as the team we had in 2015. This year we were great, last year not so great. The panthers returned the nucleus of a team that was almost unstoppable in 2015 and indifferent this year. With luck being such a huge component in the game of football, our odds are of returning to the big game next year are about the same as the everyone else; 1 in 16.

18 minutes ago, know-it-all said:

I'd love to see us go back to it next year but there's more to it that that. Every year has it ups and downs and it takes more than a good team to make it there, it also takes luck; the kind of luck we had this year. You just can't count on that every year. We're a perfect example. We returned a team this year that was pretty much the same as the team we had in 2015. This year we were great, last year not so great. The panthers returned the nucleus of a team that was almost unstoppable in 2015 and indifferent this year. With luck being such a huge component in the game of football, our odds are of returning to the big game next year are about the same as the everyone else; 1 in 16.

I'd go as far as to say we have a better chance than the Bears or 9ers....

I'll say next year

Edited by camfalcon

I said it in another thread that we'd be back in 2017.  I think we'll do how the Broncos did with their super high powered offense changing to a super high powered defense but we'll do it in 1 year and we'll also keep our high powered offense.   We had 4 rookies on our defense that just went through the toughest length of football they will ever go through in their lives.  Those guys that really showed out towards the end of the year are finally going to get an off season to rest.  Can't wait to see the step this defense takes next year.  I like defense more than offense and i'd be satisfied with 9-6 wins as long as we're breaking the other teams will on offense.

The biggest thing is getting a 1st round bye.  Winning the division is good but its much easier to get to the Superbowl with a bye.

I'd like to think #1 since I bought 2 psl's

#1 2017 Next Year!!! ---- Defense is gonna ramp up BIG TIME in draft and FA and next year NO ONE is getting in our way!!!

but the  other side of my brain that has watched every game the Falcons have been in since 1966 is screaming #5

#5 Are you F'ing kidding??? NEVER---2016 season was it--We will never get there again - we are doomed and cursed--we will be forever tortured as Falcon s Fans --unable to win it all yet always coming back to see if there is a chance only to be disappointed til the end of time

Bare minimum? 2 years. The coaching staff has been shaken up pretty well. Probably gonna take the guys a while to get used to new coaching styles and what not.

I don't really see us being a powerhouse like we were in 2016. We'll still be good but I don't know how good. My heart wants it to be next year though! Revenge!

Next year. Considering how far the team progressed this year it's easy to forget that we started 4 rookies on defense, five overall on the team, and most of the squad is Julio's age or younger.

They have rapidly gained valuable experience playing against the toughest competition the league has to offer. Now they'll have a full offseason and they will continue to improve.

If there aren't any significant injuries,  they should be finishing what they started in Super Bowl LII.