What's taking so long to name new DC & DL coaches?

10 hours ago, shock said:

If we're going internal for DC, then why wait? And if it's as good as finalized that Bryant Young is the new DL coach, why wait to announce it?? I want to get pumped up for the new coaching staff already! 

The 49ers have interest in Jerome Henderson but the Falcons are trying to retain him. Yes we can block him from leaving, but Quinn doesn't strike me as a person who would prevent somebody from a promotion. The 49ers do not know who inside our organization we are trying to promote, so I think we make the announcement (although know) after the 49ers select their DC.

The 49ers are trying to hire Robert Saleh and Jerome Henderson as co-defensive coordinators, The Sporting News previously reported. Saleh formerly coached linebackers with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Henderson was the defensive passing game coordinator with the Atlanta Falcons.

The 49ers tried unsuccessfully to hire Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, who was not allowed to get out of his contract. The 49ers could try again to hire him after next season, a source told CSNBayArea.com. Fangio served as 49ers defensive coordinator from 2011 to '14 under coach Jim Harbaugh.

The 49ers are expected to retain outside linebackers coach Jason Tarver and defensive backs coach Jeff Hafley, according to sources.

9 minutes ago, weezy01212 said:

Bryant Young is already said to be the DL Coach. As far as DC I think DQ is looking for more of a right hand man or somebody he feels he can groom and hand the keys over to eventually. From what I've seen out there so far it looks like DQ is going to be calling defensive plays until further notice.

This is what will more then likely be the case.

Can we do something with Keith Armstrong? Hate to say it again but look what the NOT SO SPECIAL teams have done in our "O's" starting position during the Big Game...plus he turned Super Man Hester into a mere mortal....I know, Weems is getting old but it takes the other 10 on the field to make things happen which is not!

16 minutes ago, Club212 said:

Can we do something with Keith Armstrong? Hate to say it again but look what the NOT SO SPECIAL teams have done in our "O's" starting position during the Big Game...plus he turned Super Man Hester into a mere mortal....I know, Weems is getting old but it takes the other 10 on the field to make things happen which is not!

I am more inclined to say the Toe injury made Hester a mere mortal than to say Armstrong.