So Free was the Roddy White vs Shanty this year .

According to 92.9 this afternoon, Shanty shat on Free several times this year and would only feature him when he had to for spelling Teco and out of necessity only. 

Did Shanty sabotage free at the end of the game or was there something more dastardly brewing?

Dont know but I have no doubt Shanty was an arrogant egotistical nerd prick. Glad he is gone and I hope him no good fortune!

#punkshantyhandinSF

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying anything...but every time Free got rolling in a game he seemed to be taken out for Teco.  I told my brother and buddies this almost every game it felt like.  Freeman is the better between the tackles runner, and Teco is the better edge runner.  Free can do a lot of damage as a pass catcher, so can Teco but Teco has the breakaway speed that Free does not.  However, like I mentioned it happened pretty frequently this year that Freeman would be absolutely rolling and then could not be found for extended lengths of time.

When Teco was in (when he got hurt) I shouted at the TV to get Freeman in the game, he is the better runner.

Not sayin'...just sayin'...

Edited by athell
50 minutes ago, athell said:

Not saying anything...but every time Free got rolling in a game he seemed to be taken out for Teco.  I told my brother and buddies this almost every game it felt like.  Freeman is the better between the tackles runner, and Teco is the better edge runner.  Free can do a lot of damage as a pass catcher, so can Teco but Teco has the breakaway speed that Free does not.  However, like I mentioned it happened pretty frequently this year that Freeman would be absolutely rolling and then could not be found for extended lengths of time.

When Teco was in (when he got hurt) I shouted at the TV to get Freeman in the game, he is the better runner.

except that Freeman got way more of the workload consistently through the season and playoffs

52 minutes ago, athell said:

I agree with almost everything you are saying. Even that we should have and could have rode Freeman a little longer at times when he was killing it. I just wouldn't want it to be too much, I don't want to get him worn down. But Freeman was on the field alot more than Coleman though. I think he could have handled a little more with no problem though.

If I had to chunk out the nightmare that was Sunday night's doom:

50% coaching (Shanahan's refusal to run the ball late...and Quinn's failure to make him do so)

20% Freeman's missed block (devastating momentum killer that revitalized NE)

15% exhausted defense

10% holding penalty (Matthews if I recall...I'm still too pissed to look at it again)

5% Patriots and Brady's determination

16 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

except that Freeman got way more of the workload consistently through the season and playoffs

He still wasn't near 300 rushes and Coleman wasn't available due to injury in a handful of games.  All told I think Freeman had about 100+ more touches than Coleman.

It was a good mix during the season, but Freeman was getting chunk yardage in the Superbowl and Kyle always talked about "riding the hot hand".  That didn't seem to fit the philosophy more than a few times this year because it did happen more than once.

Again, not saying anything but it aligns with what I had noticed throughout the season and SB.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

You guys have been waiting for a reason to start back hating Kyle all year. 

RBBC is to spell each other & Free still got the bulk of touches so no .. comparing Free to RWs situation is a reach. Let the hurt go. 

No, we actually weren't.  I didn't like him but I would have ALWAYS had a level of respect for him for helping us win our first title.  It was pretty simple.  He just showed us who he really was.  There's no agenda here.  He just ended up being the guy we thought.

When someone shows you who they are...believe them.

9 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

Regular Season:

Freeman:  227  (4.8 ypc)    and 54   (8.6 ypc)     13 TDs   = 281 touches    65.4%

Coleman:  118   (4.4 ypc)   and 31   (14.8 ypc)   11 TDs    = 149 touches    34.6%

That is almost straight up a 2:1 Ratio favoring Freeman.

Add on Ward and the other RBs carries and catches onto Teco's total and what do you get?

Again, not questioning the RBBC.  I'm questioning the "ride the hot hand" stance that Shanny was supposedly employing.

10 minutes ago, athell said:

Add on Ward and the other RBs carries and catches onto Teco's total and what do you get?

Again, not questioning the RBBC.  I'm questioning the "ride the hot hand" stance that Shanny was supposedly employing.

I'd say we rode Freeman quite a bit. When you have as many weapons as we do the guy isn't gonna get 25 touches in a game. Let's not forget games where Free had 6 carries for 6 yards and couldn't do ****. Freeman had more than 1 run that went for a loss of yardage in the sb and Coleman was also picking up chunks on runs till he got hurt.. yes Freeman had two big plays but he also had plenty of 1-2 yard gains and losses.

His 37 yard run skews perspective 

take that run away and he has 38 yards on 10 carries for 3.8ypc I wouldn't call that "chunk yardage "

2 minutes ago, athell said:

do you NOT see the carries and catches for the TOTAL number in my post??!!!

Ward had a total of 32 touches = 21% of what Teco got  and  11% of Freeman; it is 7% of total.

that is still 61% for Freeman  and  32% for Coleman

57 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

this is exactly what I thought as well, and then immediately thought that some people just need to be like that annoying disney song Elsa sang and 'Let It GOOOOOO'

but of course, they won't

2 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

According to 92.9 this afternoon, Shanty shat on Free several times this year and would only feature him when he had to for spelling Teco and out of necessity only. 

Did Shanty sabotage free at the end of the game or was there something more dastardly brewing?

Dont know but I have no doubt Shanty was an arrogant egotistical nerd prick. Glad he is gone and I hope him no good fortune!

#punkshantyhandinSF

I haven't listened to any of 92.9 the game but it seems to me like they're just trying to start up some trouble.  The exact opposite happened in many games where I was wondering where Coleman was.  Turns out the game plan looked like "Use free quarter's 1-3 and give them a heavy dose of Coleman in the 4th".

Y'all have to stop.  Hate the man, love the man, and now hate the man.  Stop.

6 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

I haven't listened to any of 92.9 the game but it seems to me like they're just trying to start up some trouble.  The exact opposite happened in many games where I was wondering where Coleman was.  Turns out the game plan looked like "Use free quarter's 1-3 and give them a heavy dose of Coleman in the 4th".

Y'all have to stop.  Hate the man, love the man, and now hate the man.  Stop.

Hate that dude... preciate your orders though! Yes mam!!

Oy vey. Not this again. There may have been drama started over Roddy White being mad about his touches, but the truth is, unfortunately KS was right, Roddy was done. There's nothing that can be done about this, once an athlete is done, they're done and there's no reversal of it.

As for this, I'm surprised that Freeman wasn't running the ball more however New England started focusing on the outside zone stretch running plays and outside of a play or two, the running game got clamped down after the first half. And my theory as to why was because of Alex Mack's deteriorating condition. I think NE sniffed out that outside of a play or two, the Falcons were going to try to hide Mack which meant there was going to be no runs up the middle (which this isn't a power run team but the run up the middle was shown just to give teams something to think about), they were all going to be outside stretch runs. And as I've said with Georgia football being too conservative on offense (despite the fact I've been sh*t on for doing so), you can't be one dimensional with what you're going to do on offense, it's going to eventually get discovered.

The only thing that was needed after the ridiculous Jones catch was three runs up the middle, but the running game was getting stymied after a terrific start because due to Alex Mack's condition, the Falcons weren't going to do their show runs up the middle.