Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MissBlackandRed

Fans all over the country

35 posts in this topic

I remember this being done a long time ago, maybe we can bring it back?

Is there a way to compile a running list of who live in what area so we can maybe plan local falcon meet ups?

I know we had the yearly get together when I lived in ATL, I live in VA now and it would be nice not to feel like one of very few fans out here.  I'm sure there are others of us that feel the same?  Maybe we can plan road trips or all head to the same home game and tailgate together ect?

Just brainstorming and striking while the iron is hot seeing as most of us feel so grateful to the boards for helping us through this time.

If it's stupid then so be it but don't beat me up for asking!

Use something like this, and someone with alot of time and patience to do a spreadsheet or something after people comment locations. I like the idea though

BIRDLAND 2.0 likes this

29 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

i wish i knew more people out here in california.

I think I met you at the game in LA .  I had my son with me .  Do you remember ? I'm the Asian dude lol

24 minutes ago, NateDogg1215 said:

I think I met you at the game in LA .  I had my son with me .  Do you remember ? I'm the Asian dude lol

dont think it was me, i didnt really talk to any falcon fans, was with a friend who has rams season tickets

36 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

I live in dalton GA. So i'm close to Atlanta

In calhoun, right down the road from you

Just now, Slappywhite said:

Is that you bob?   LOL Howdy there neighbor.

I'm in the DC metro area. The Mason Inn on Wisconsin Ave is the local DC Falcons bar. I think there might be another one out in Northern VA but I'm not sure.

I'm thinking about taking road trips up to East Rutherford and Foxboro for the Jets and Pats games.

Edited by JerseyNo12
Crazy Trav likes this

We used to have message Board get togethers on or about the home opener( sometimes the second game) Ive met lots of cool folks from this MB. And some have flown in from all over.

12 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

dont think it was me, i didnt really talk to any falcon fans, was with a friend who has rams season tickets

Oh ok my bad !

52 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

I live in dalton GA. So i'm close to Atlanta

I'm in Resaca right now. Neybur

16 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Resaca here.

Slappywhite and Skeetbird like this

I actually met more Falcons fans this year than I ever have in my life.  I go to a local sports bar/restaurant every Sunday and the managers save me a seat at the bar so that I have a good place to watch the game.  This season, I happened to notice a few more people showing up wearing Falcons gear, which I thought was great.  As the season went on, we all got to know each other and starting sitting together.  I live in Stains territory (Mobile, AL) so it was good to see that I wasn't the only Falcon fan in Mobile.

1 hour ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I'm in the DC metro area. The Mason Inn on Wisconsin Ave is the local DC Falcons bar. I think there might be another one out in Northern VA but I'm not sure.

I'm thinking about taking road trips up to East Rutherford and Foxboro for the Jets and Pats games.

I'm in the DC Metro area too, didn't know that thanks for the info. We are definitely looking into the pats game

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I know I'm old, but didn't we just do this thread?  

Fairfax Va

Hey I said don't beat me if we did this recently LOL  I'm in Bristow, any falcons bars nearby?

Just hear me out on this....

I find this very interesting because being an outsider but a fan of football I always was very misled and given an impression by the national media that the fanbase was not strong in Atlanta. 

I remember Barkowski and that nasty RB that was Earl Campbell style, of course Prime Time, Bad Moon Rison, Buchanan, Jeff George, Glanville, the first wave of the Dirty Bird in that Sb run, Roddy White, Gonzalez, Vick, etc

No correct me if i am wrong but i will watch the Steelers come to town in a year where the Falcons are competitive I would not see a filled stadium but maybe 75% capacity with 70% Falcon Fans and 30% Steeler Fans representing. 

Fast forward to this year and you took it to Green Bay and Seattle convincingly to a sold out or max capacity rowdy concert type crowd which is not shocking because these playoff events are just not guaranteed in the NFL and its **** to be competitive every year..

So I join because the Steelers just got spanked convincingly to a national audience by my most hated organization (sport or not) and just like to see how you were going to attack on both sides because the talent is there and felt a calculated confidence.

To my shock is how many hundreds of die hard,..... this is like a religion, ......a drug i cant turn away from....., fans that have represent your club for years!

We all know about the Green Bays, the 12th man, Raider Nation, Cowboys, but it really opened my eyes on how much this team is a part of your life as if it were a cult and i can relate to this.

You see ...the 1970 Steeler dynasty was born from the Blue Collar town of people sitting outside in 10 degrees with windchills and rocking the old 3 Rivers stadium.

Well those people are much older or deceased and much of the offspring has left because of industry or different professions, etc.

So now you have this offspring going crazy in the enemy towns and cheering their team ..win lose or whatever. 

No go back today to Heinz field with sky boxes and corporate people who need ambient temperatures or they are not showing up and you cant even cheer many times. Many of these lifetime ticket holders are not from the same cut of cloth.

Yeah ..there are still some rowdy a$$hole drunks who want to fight but every fanbase has that but Heinz field is not your fathers type of experience. 

So what is the point of all this?   I see an Atlanta owner who really wants to have a competitive team year in and year out which is not always about money...see Redskins. 

Then I see a fanbase that sprouts and extends roots and I had no clue how strong the base is. 

Very impressed and I am glad I joined if nothing more to see how big of a following this team has of fans that are not doing it because its sexy right now. 

2 hours ago, MissBlackandRed said:

Hey I said don't beat me if we did this recently LOL  I'm in Bristow, any falcons bars nearby?

I'm not beating you up I was just sayin'.  I don't know the answer to that because I've had the NFL Ticket for 20 years.  I know a lot of sports bars around me have multiple screens on Sunday to watch all the games, like Glory Days Grill for instance.  

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm not beating you up I was just sayin'.  I don't know the answer to that because I've had the NFL Ticket for 20 years.  I know a lot of sports bars around me have multiple screens on Sunday to watch all the games, like Glory Days Grill for instance.  

I was just playing, yeah I've been watching on Sunday ticket too just miss being around other fans. Thanks for the info!