Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrockSamson

The Semi-Official Talk About Legion Thread

40 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

Oh yeah, before I forget, the best **** thing to me about the last one was the way the Shadow King folded ole dude up like a **** pretzel!

That was rad, both the in-David's-brain-he's-being-trash-compacted version, and the real-world-his-face-is-covered-in-blood version.

4 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Lenny has a deceptively nice body :ninja:

 

AF89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olivers beatnik as heII character is growing on me.

Is the shadow king parasite supposed to be Apacolypse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Olivers beatnik as heII character is growing on me.

Is the shadow king parasite supposed to be Apacolypse?

He's his own character in the comics, separate from Apocalypse.

AF89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Olivers beatnik as heII character is growing on me.

Is the shadow king parasite supposed to be Apacolypse?

"My memory's a bit … oh, what's the word? Dishes? No."

tumblr_om75t4X1F01qa1s2no2_r1_400.gif

AF89 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, biloxifalcon said:

He's his own character in the comics, separate from Apocalypse.

Right.  He was first discovered as a guy named Amahl Farouk.  He and Professor X battled on the astral plane, and Farouk seemingly died.  The battle led Professor X to form the X-Men. 

However, Farouk's spirit survived. It was later learned that the Shadow King was much older that Farouk, and was a sort of malevolent telepathic spiritual being that used various people's bodies over the years. 

biloxifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season finale last night. David uses his powers like a boss, but he still isn't quite sure it's all real. Plus, as a viewer, it makes it hard to completely root for him because, as Melanie Bird notes, he's a World Breaker. Given his instability, it's hard to say how those powers manifest, even if he has nothing but good intentions, which isn't entirely clear.

I liked the opening sequence with Clark. It added some humanity and depth to his character, who seemingly will play a larger role next season. Now that he's seen what David and/or the Shadow King are capable of, it's not clear he'll stick to his newfound commitment to work alongside the mutants, but at least he'll give it a shot.

Sad to see that Oliver leaving after finally remembering his wife. Not sure if they'll be the big bad next season, or if there will be another. Hard to imagine they let the Clement/Plaza combo play anything but a major role, though.

Finally, what took David at the end?  Was it the Peacekeeper the D3 guy mentioned? Equinox? Something else?

Altogether a great first season, even with some inconsistency along the way.

biloxifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished watching it! Man that was an awesome finale. No way I saw that coming. Now that Farouk is not in David's head is he still schizo? I'm not sure what that was that captured him at the end either, **** little bubble machine scanned him and then poof...shrunk like a mofo inside of it. I think it was really good first season and is NOTHING AT ALL like the other Marvel characters on TV! Or DC characters for that matter.

Looking forward to the 2nd season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

I just finished watching it! Man that was an awesome finale. No way I saw that coming. Now that Farouk is not in David's head is he still schizo? I'm not sure what that was that captured him at the end either, **** little bubble machine scanned him and then poof...shrunk like a mofo inside of it. I think it was really good first season and is NOTHING AT ALL like the other Marvel characters on TV! Or DC characters for that matter.

Looking forward to the 2nd season.

Depends on a couple things. First, how closely does it track the comics? If it tracks closely, then he'll still have issues from the other personalities he's absorbed over the years. Given how many times we've seen him surrounded by people screaming at him, I wouldn't be surprised if that comes up. Second, even if it doesn't track closely, he might still have some residual issues from being drugged and/or in a mental institution for so many years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrockSamson said:

Depends on a couple things. First, how closely does it track the comics? If it tracks closely, then he'll still have issues from the other personalities he's absorbed over the years. Given how many times we've seen him surrounded by people screaming at him, I wouldn't be surprised if that comes up. Second, even if it doesn't track closely, he might still have some residual issues from being drugged and/or in a mental institution for so many years. 

Well, so far the only characters from the comics are Farouk (Shadow King) and David. They really haven't followed the comics real close at all. In the comics, he was\is always nuts with just a few moments of clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go Go Lenny can get it :ninja:

I think I'm going to enjoy that storyline if they let us check in, Oliver is the best character on the show, and Aubrey Plaza is the best actor. (Actress)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rs_1024x731-150324082134-Aubrey-Plaza-Pl

Excuse me guys imma half to go get a cold glass of water and watch Parks and Rec again in a new light or something :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was rewatching the first season, and the scene where David's old doctor/lighthouse keeper  turns into Walter still confuses me unless that was part of Walters powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah it figured it out Walters power is he can take someone's form or at least the illusion of their form presumably after he's killed them (like a weaker version of mystique). Somehow I missed that the first time. To my memory it's only demonstrated twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0