9ers fans are in for a surprise

TheFalconRises

I know another Kyle thread and not exactly Falcons related but we all know how off seasons here are.  Shanahan literally walked into the perfect situation here in Atlanta. Top qb, top wrs, great rb duo, all the pieces you want to work with. I don't see any of that in SF and doubt he'll be turning that ship around anytime soon. I was lurking on their forums and they think he is the best thing since sliced bread. They are in for a rough ride :D 

5 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

This isn't just bitter grapes about the Superbowl either. If by some strange series of events Shanahan had ended up as head coach of the Falcons I'd be supremely depressed.

Glad to see this. I concur. Not dissing KS, but I think this is the likely outcome. And BTW -  its sour.    The grapes are sour........:-) :-) 

49ers are maybe the worst organization in the league. Even worst than Cleveland right now. I'm not hating on Shanahan because i didn't want him in Atlanta in the first place. He proved though that TALENT combined with his scheme can win. There is nothing out in San Francisco. 

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

49ers are maybe the worst organization in the league. Even worst than Cleveland right now. I'm not hating on Shanahan because i didn't want him in Atlanta in the first place. He proved though that TALENT combined with his scheme can win. There is nothing out in San Francisco. 

yeah he has multiple seasons worth of proof of what his 'system' can do with sub par talent. Since SF is on my list of hated teams right between the taints and the cowgirlz, I'm more than happy they took this egotistical prick off our hands 

20 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

I got into this a bit yesterday with a guy on Twitter who has his own sports podcast. He was going on about what a great hire Shanahan is. I told him I didn't think Shanny would be a great head coach because of his personality. He's arrogant, more than a little ego-driven and more than a little petty. Remember the 3 straight pass plays to Roddy to open the game to supposedly silence Shanny's critics during the '15 season?

Really good coordinator who's act more than likely won't translate to being a successful head coach. Don't see Shanahan as a leader of men. Some coordinators should remain coordinators.

This isn't just bitter grapes about the Superbowl either. If by some strange series of events Shanahan had ended up as head coach of the Falcons I'd be supremely depressed.

Mainly bc kyle talks through his nose like an arrogant prick

27 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

I got into this a bit yesterday with a guy on Twitter who has his own sports podcast. He was going on about what a great hire Shanahan is. I told him I didn't think Shanny would be a great head coach because of his personality. He's arrogant, more than a little ego-driven and more than a little petty. Remember the 3 straight pass plays to Roddy to open the game to supposedly silence Shanny's critics during the '15 season?

Really good coordinator who's act more than likely won't translate to being a successful head coach. Don't see Shanahan as a leader of men. Some coordinators should remain coordinators.

I could not be more with you on this.   That little hissy fit he threw with those three passes to Roddy White was one of the most petulant,  irresponsible, and immature temper tantrum's I have seen in professional sports. It's one thing when a player acts out on the field. This was the offensive  coordinator  of an NFL team  acting with pre-meditation.  He gave up a position in a regular season game with playoff implications  because  someone had shared question his judgment. 

You remember that. I remember that. A lot of people on these boards remember that. Don't you think owners remember that?

I think there is a very good reason that despite the unprecedented success of the Falcons offense the season, five other head coaching jobs were filled before Shanahan got his gig. 

He is now High Plains Drifter in the town with no name. They deserve each other. 

I'm on the fence regarding if he'll do good in SF.

Part of me says he'll be another Josh McDaniels but the other part of me says he knows offense. He's going to call his own plays, and he should have a good support system. John Lynch is going to primarily scout defense (if he has the knowledge too) and KS has himself and his dad to lean on.

9 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

49ers fans are expecting "Falcons" KS.

Instead they will get "Browns" KS. They have the same talent issues as the Browns had when KS was there.

BTW, do we play the 49ers next season? I 'd like to see the Falcons put an a$$-kickin on Shanahan.

To be fair KS took that job before he thought that Johnny Manziel was ever a possibility. And when he was in Washington him and his dad wanted to go with Cousins but the owner insisted on RG3 or better known as RGME.

So the fact that he's going to have a say in what QB runs his system will be huge.

What I don't understand, from what we know his strengths and weaknesses to be, I'm not sure what would qualify him to be a good head coach.  He's great with his offense, when he has the right pieces, knows how to create space for players, get the most out of his RBs, etc.

What you didn't hear was people talking about the man or the leader.  I will be surprised if this works out well.  It feels like we're in the middle of a repeate of the pre-Harbaugh days in San Fran.

36 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Uphill climb for sure.  A lot of the burden of rebuilding that team will fall upon John Lynch.

Which is why I have wondered why would you bring in two inexperienced guys to rebuild a train wreck. It would have made way more sense to bring in folks who have a history of at least stability to turn this around.

But all of that is a THEM problem! Lol

6 minutes ago, Sidious said:

They were saying on NFL radio this morning that KS will have control of roster, be HC, and call the offensive plays. Sounds like a total control freak and maybe too much for a rookie HC to handle 

I don't see that to be a recipe for success but stranger things have happened I suppose.

From sitting in the booth calling plays, having the opponent's possession to regroup to on the sideline, responsible for everything going on as well as calling plays...

I just moved from near Notre Dame and over the last 5 years, Brian Kelley has handed off play-calling duties to his OC twice.  Both times, realizing that he couldn't be as effective connecting with his players and managing the game if he was tied up in the play calling.

Find someone you trust and delegate.

9 minutes ago, kschreck said:

From sitting in the booth calling plays, having the opponent's possession to regroup to on the sideline, responsible for everything going on as well as calling plays...

I just moved from near Notre Dame and over the last 5 years, Brian Kelley has handed off play-calling duties to his OC twice.  Both times, realizing that he couldn't be as effective connecting with his players and managing the game if he was tied up in the play calling.

Find someone you trust and delegate.

Dan Reeves did it and took the Falcons to a Superbowl. I've said it over and over, Reeves was the last of the TRUE old school head coaches that almost completely ran the team and could lead men at the same time... These new head coaches are " whoever the hottest coordinator is at the present time"...

Image result for dan reeves falcons

Edited by slickgadawg