• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Dr. Falcon said:

I feel your pain, but welcome back. Come get your Falcon fix. It feels good no matter how much you try to stay away...

I came back due to my excitement that Weems is gone. I wish I could personally drive him to Tennessee, but he'd probably do something incredibly boneheaded to ruin the trip just outside the perimeter. 

On 2/8/2017 at 11:17 PM, Dr. Falcon said:

Well fellas,

We all know the NFL is rigged. This is because NFL runs on ratings. It has been pointed out in other posts how much the refs were on the patriots side in the 4th quarter. 

So here is reality. We were screwed from the beginning because 

1. The NFL knew the best ratings was for TB to win another ring to be the greatest of all time. And best ratings are from epic comebacks. 

2. Falcons window for Super Bowl is for another 3-4 years, so even if we lose the NFL wont feel bad because we have a few more years to win it all.

3. Atlanta hosts the Super Bowl LIII. What better way to get better ratings, then for the ATLANTA FALCONS to obtain redemption for Super Bowl LI by winning Super Bowl LIII in their new Mercedes Benz stadium. 

So there you have it. Im calling it first. The ATLANTA FALCONS will win their first Lombardi at SUPER BOWL LIII in ATLANTA.

edit.

/half serious Sad I have to make this clear because some people can't understand half seriousness. 

Seriously.....go watch WWE wrestling where everything is rigged. We lost because the coaching staff made bad decisions in the 4th qt and that's 100% serious.....edit .....that's the truth

On 2/8/2017 at 11:17 PM, Dr. Falcon said:

Well fellas,

We all know the NFL is rigged. This is because NFL runs on ratings. It has been pointed out in other posts how much the refs were on the patriots side in the 4th quarter. 

So here is reality. We were screwed from the beginning because 

1. The NFL knew the best ratings was for TB to win another ring to be the greatest of all time. And best ratings are from epic comebacks. 

2. Falcons window for Super Bowl is for another 3-4 years, so even if we lose the NFL wont feel bad because we have a few more years to win it all.

3. Atlanta hosts the Super Bowl LIII. What better way to get better ratings, then for the ATLANTA FALCONS to obtain redemption for Super Bowl LI by winning Super Bowl LIII in their new Mercedes Benz stadium. 

So there you have it. Im calling it first. The ATLANTA FALCONS will win their first Lombardi at SUPER BOWL LIII in ATLANTA.

edit.

/half serious Sad I have to make this clear because some people can't understand half seriousness. 

If money is involved then it';s rigged. Playing the Patriot's was like playing craps. We got on a heater, and got ahead, then didn't walk away and the house always wins eventually. But yeah, the best story line wins every year.

From a previous thread (below).  I actually am over the full conspiracy idea as I really think now that too many people were involved.  Even Trump had involvement and the press would love to find proof he had something to do with fixing the Superbowl.  However, just writing these out in the days after helped me find acceptance.

This Superbowl has been a hard one to recover from because its outcome seems to make no sense at all:

1) How could a team possibly blow a 25 point lead with just over a quarter to go?

2) How could one team get more than twice as many snaps as the other and not possibly win?

3) How could we have we went 50 bowls without an OT and just conveniently have one this year?

4) How could an OC be so stupid or even arrogant to risk a sure win for maybe 4 additional points?

5) How could Shanahan think a few more points possibly help a contract as San Francisco be any better?

6) How could we have went 50 bowls without a comeback greater than 10 points and suddenly have one with a 25 point comeback?

7) How is it that the over under line for this bowl have stayed right around 60 all week and then conveniently end up with 62 points?

8) How is it that Coleman suddenly went down with a major injury and now be talked about as walking almost perfectly fine?

9) How is it that Schraeder went out with first talk of torn ligaments and now not even requiring surgery?

10) How could Freeman just absolutely blow such an obvious block on a play where Ryan has zero attention to his backside?

11) How could Gostkowski blow an extra point that conveniently allowed for a perfect tie at the end of regulation?

12) How could the booth not review the final play of the game and not see that the runners knee was clearly down?

13) How could the Falcons not do a single thing on defense to adapt to White as Brady's primary target?

14) How could we only rush the ball a few times in the second half after doing so well with the run early in the game?

15) How could we snap the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock when we are clearly trying to burn it before Brady got another snap?

16) How could Matthews be called for a hold suddenly when we are in FG range especially as much as both teams were holding?

17) How could the NFL allow Brady to lose the game and ruin his image?

18) How possible is it that the images of Amendola's catch were doctored to prevent the football from showing it hit the ground?

19) How convenient is it that we waste our time outs on reviewing this catch and then on a faulty helmet speaker?

20) How could Quinn possibly not show any authority over his OC if he was indeed being too arrogant in the playcalling?

21) How is it that ESPN had its report card on the Falcons posted within 15 minutes of the end of the game when the game could have gone either way?

22) How is it that ESPN does not even question a single penalty or non-penalty involving the Patriots in its analysis of the officiating?

23) How important it was that this game be tight so as to keep viewership throughout and to encourage future viewing?

24) How much additional ad revenue did Fox get from the extra minutes in the game?

25) How could San Francisco not be having second thoughts about Shanahan after such a stupid series of playcalling?

26) How convenient was it that Shanahan was the hottest HC candidate after really only 1 year of success?

27) How similar is this to last year where Manning had an almost perfect farewell tour and retired as a Superbowl winner?

28) How similar is this to a couple of years ago where the Patriots won because of a really lucky interception on an unneeded pass play?

29) How could Fox post that NE wins Superbowl with TD when they still had a way to go?

30) How could I have watched this team play so well all season and then look like jello in the final quarter of this game?

31) How convenient was it that the Patriots won the coin toss in OT (1 in 2 odds yes but were both sides of the coin the same or something)?

32) How could the owner or even the HC be so quiet now about the outcome afterwards realizing the damage it has done to its legacy?

33) How could in this era of major parity one team like the Patriots be so dominant without something happening?

34) How many postseason comebacks can one really compare this one to?

35) How convenient was it that Bell got injured early in the AFC Championship and the Steelers basically gave the game to the Patriots 2 weeks before?

36) Did Brady throw the interception to Alford on purpose so as keep the Atlanta offense off the field for an hour (including halftime)?

37) How will the outcome of the Falcons first game in Foxboro next year impact me if the Patriots win? if the Patriots lose?

38) If Deflategate had really occurred and had an impact, how better to cover it up than having the villain prove he could "win" without any cheating?

39) Is the NFL worried about attendance and fan interest in New England once Brady and Belichick do retire?

40) Is it suspicious that the Patriots owner meets with Trump the week after in the President's Florida estate (no players involved)?

7 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Threads like this just embarrass the board. 

It was a dark time, we needed some dark humor and something to project our frustrations out on. Although if you read the all of the posts given, there were some very good points made that transcend just football...

4 minutes ago, Dr. Falcon said:

It was a dark time, we needed some dark humor and something to project our frustrations out on. Although if you read the all of the posts given, there were some very good points made that transcend just football...

We lost because we choked. Not because of a conspiracy theory. Why would Goddell want the Pats to win the superbowl? 

Just now, Bobby.Digital said:

We lost because we choked. Not because of a conspiracy theory. Why would Goddell want the Pats to win the superbowl? 

I really don't want to rehash points that were made in previous posts in this thread. If you want to see friendly, intelligent debate (well mostly) just scroll through the thread and actually read the posts.