5 minutes ago, BLM said:

LOL you have no idea what you are talking about!  Just stahpp

It's not illegal for an entertainer to fix the outcome as long as the entertainers don't have gambling money on the line.  Is it illegal for the WWE to fix the outcomes?  What about the Bachelor?  What about any other TV show?

Pleasee

Are the producers of any game show going to prison for helping someone win?  Not unless they themselves placed a gambling bet. 

Bolded is true.  

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, tactician said:

So refs are risking going to Federal Prison? That's where Tim Donaghy went. I'm pretty sure if the league asked a ref to help a certain team win they would be extremely uncomfortable with that, and would probably go the Feds. Would you take these risks if you were a ref or a league operative? No you wouldn't because it is completely utterly not worth it. Be for the league or for Vegas, it is a crime. The league cannot tell refs to help a certain team, it is completely illegal.

Been following your smug remarks and have to say, you a more than a little shortsighted. It is not illegal to fix NFL games, and the participants of that fix are absolutely protected. It is like betting on a soap opera like Dallas, will JR get killed? The NFL is legal entertainment. 

1.  They got to someone who had Kyle's playbook and were able to hack past Kyle's password - my sources haven't confirmed yet if it was the SF beat writer or someone in NFL security that he "passed it along" to.

2.  The drone that recorded our plays and signals from flying over the practice field was matched up against against our first half game signals and studied during the extended halftime.

3.  The radio communication was hacked.  Bellicheat had more time to study the audio during the extended halftime.  This also caused us to waste a timeout in the second half and prevented Shannahan from calling plays as he couldn't even talk to Ryan or any of the coaches not in the press box.

4.  Refswere paid off causing us to break the NFL record for 3rd down penalties(4) and lose the OT coin toss giving them extra plays to eventually wear down our defense.  My sources said the effort was led by the bitter Sherman no call ref who was mad at Quinn for yelling at him(yes he worked the SB) - 

I have loads more but I'm afraid they might find me.....

Edited by falconfanatic365
2 hours ago, falconfanatic365 said:

1.  They got to someone who had Kyle's playbook and were able to hack past Kyle's password - my sources haven't confirmed yet if it was the SF beat writer or someone in NFL security that he "passed it along" to.

2.  The drone that recorded our plays and signals from flying over the practice field was matched up against against our first half game signals and studied during the extended halftime.

3.  The radio communication was hacked.  Bellicheat had more time to study the audio during the extended halftime.  This also caused us to waste a timeout in the second half and prevented Shannahan from calling plays as he couldn't even talk to Ryan or any of the coaches not in the press box.

4.  Refswere paid off causing us to break the NFL record for 3rd down penalties(4) and lose the OT coin toss giving them extra plays to eventually wear down our defense.  My sources said the effort was led by the bitter Sherman no call ref who was mad at Quinn for yelling at him(yes he worked the SB) - 

I have loads more but I'm afraid they might find me.....

I want to hear more, you have aroused my curiosity, but believe this was an enterprise endeavor not independent actions.

54 minutes ago, tactician said:

Ok I concede it's not technically illegal. But you're still wrong. The games are not fixed. Refs are not pushed by the league to favor certain outcomes. You have absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. I have one question for you...If the Falcons had won would you claim that the league fixed the game? No you would not, no one here would have created this thread. That in itself invalidates your theory. Your completely biased and are using conspiracy theories to rationalize what happened. Just as in politics, conservatives believe conspiracy theories about liberals, and vice versa. 

You are talking out your ***. I do have evidence that the SB in question was rigged, statistical evidence that could be used in a court of law. Throwing 4-3rd down penalties in-a-row to sustain a drive has a statistical likely hood of 160,000 to 1. Not to mention the statistical unlikely hood of having an offense driven back, out of field goal range twice with a sack and a holding call each time, when all they had to do was run, run, run, and kick game-winning field goals. Multiply all this together and we are already in the Billions to 1 odds, Then factor in the bizarre time outs called, so that the Falcons had zero when they needed them. There are many more queer things that happened in this game that could also be factored into an odds-on analysis. So basically in a Statistician's mind this game is not a maybe, but an absolutism, when it comes to the question of was this game FIXed!

11 minutes ago, tactician said:

Are you suggesting the Falcons were in on the fix? 

There is little doubt these were participants: Shanahan, Quinn, Ryan, and maybe Freeman (ready for big contract) for missing the block. The big contract QBs are always in the now on both sides. Ask Wilson, who through the easy pick two years ago, then again maybe don't ask him. Follow the big mega-million dollar contracts.

1 minute ago, Cheap Talk said:

There is little doubt these were participants: Shanahan, Quinn, Ryan, and maybe Freeman (ready for big contract) for missing the block. The big contract QBs are always in the know on both sides. Ask Wilson, who through the easy pick two years ago, then again maybe don't ask him. Follow the big mega-million dollar contracts.

16 minutes ago, tactician said:

Ok so if the Falcons are intentionally losing why bother to watch the games or be a fan?

I knew the big games were fixed before buying PSLs. You cannot fix all the games though, and believe most of the regular season is legit, besides really thought the powers-that-be were going to anoint the Falcons soon. Blank once said shortly after he bought the team, and I paraphrase this now famous statement. "The SB teams are already decided, I just hope they decide to chose my team one day".

And I know where you are going next, and will save you the trouble. I am not on this board because the Falcons lost, but because of how the powers-that-be sacrificed the City of Atlanta fan base, and utterly humiliated them. This was a pure 'sacrifice'. They could not let the team go to the SB for the first time in years and let them lose respectfully. It is time to 'Rise-up' with the way they did it.

11 hours ago, tactician said:

Ok I concede it's not technically illegal. But you're still wrong. The games are not fixed. Refs are not pushed by the league to favor certain outcomes. You have absolutely no evidence of that whatsoever. I have one question for you...If the Falcons had won would you claim that the league fixed the game? No you would not, no one here would have created this thread. That in itself invalidates your theory. Your completely biased and are using conspiracy theories to rationalize what happened. Just as in politics, conservatives believe conspiracy theories about liberals, and vice versa. 

you really are dense huh?

you can't fix a game, you can only improve the odds for one team.  you can't script that julian edlemen catch.  you can't script the blount fumble or ryan fumble.

but as a ref, you can be biased to improve the chances of a team to win

if falcons won by a landslide, it would have meant the refs didn't do enough to help the game be closer.  the whole goal was to make the game close anyways

Edited by BLM
10 minutes ago, BLM said:

you can't fix a game, you can only improve the odds for one team.  you can't script that julian edlemen catch.  you can't script the blount fumble or ryan fumble.

if falcons won by a landslide, it would have meant the refs didn't do enough to help the game be closer.  the whole goal was to make the game close anyways

Cause we all know, for the 30 other fanbases in the NFL who are not in the Super Bowl, the biggest thing they want is for the SB to NOT be a blowout. I know that partially because that is what I want whenever the Falcons are not in the Super Bowl.

8 minutes ago, BLM said:

I disagree with some of what you are saying. A game can absolutely be fixed, with the outcome not left to chance. You are right about the refs having to get involved, because the Pat's offense could not move the football against the Falcon's defense by themselves. But, you are forgetting about the total complicity of the Falcon offense and play callers.

Also, there was much more at stake then keeping the game close, although that was part of it. The NFL needs a 'Michael Jordan', and we will never know how much money was on the table in Vegas for the game to turn out the way it did. They may publicly state the money was on one side or the other, but we will truly never know. There was another aspect or theme of this game that goes with the new patriotic movement of the Trump presidency. He even said the Patriots were going to win. The Falcons chose 'red' jerseys, when most home teams choose 'white' jerseys. The end result was the 'Partiots' against the 'Red-coats', and of coarse the Patriots won. What a knee-slappin good time many in the know had over that production.

I am not 12-years old, and advise that your neatly wrapped summation of the how the world works is quaint. 

There are debts to be payed within the NFL, and Blank was owed with how he has helped the NFL over the years. This is a much more complicated world than you will ever know.

How you conveniently dismiss the odds of what happened in this 'production', shows your needed preconceived beliefs that the team that wins is the better team. This is America, has to work that way right?

2 hours ago, Godsmith said:

Sorry, I can tell from your post you're probably only 12 years old so I can't be too hard on you but here's the truth. First, if there was a conspiracy and it was based on ratings, the fact is the Falcons would have never gotten to the Super Bowl to begin with. It would have easily been Dallas vs New England, New England vs Green Bay, or Steelers vs Dallas, all far bigger draws than New England vs Atlanta. Second, the fact is you got beat by a better team, simple as that. Could you have won? Sure, if this, if that, whatever, the bottom line is at the end of the game the Pats put up more points than you and in football that's the goal. END OF STORY>   

Hey lets not get personal here. If you read my posts in this thread, you can tell I am not 12 years old. 

Debates are good, but lets try to keep it civilized =).

4 hours ago, Godsmith said:

The only thing that's quaint here, is your simple failure to except the reality that your team played a great game for 30mins and failed seal the deal. You lost to a better  more seasoned team, dress it up however lets you sleep at night, the simple fact is that the Falcons weren't good enough and the lost. END OF STORY

Yours is hardly the "END OF STORY".................The odds of what happened in SB 51 would tell a thinking person that mother nature had no part in the outcome of this 'production'. Their were blatant penalties committed against the Falcons during the 2nd half that were 'overlooked' by the Refs, but then when the Patriots could not sustain a drive against the Falcons defense, they get 4-3rd down ticky-tacking holding calls in succession. Did some odds on that and came out to be 160,000 to 1 odds that this could happen. Then throw into the equation how Quinn blew all of his time outs early in the half, how Shanahan defied logic not once but twice, by throwing the ball when in easy field goal range. A field goal here wins the SB folks. Then the Falcons get driven back those two times by the same events, a sack and a holding call. Multiply the odds of all these things happening together and you are out of this universe!

Not to mention the odds of just coming back from that kind of deficit with the time remaining. There were no reviews on the fumble (Freeman is a good blocking RB, but wants a new contract, and whiffs the biggest block of his career), was Ryan's arm going forward? There was no review on the final 'touchdown' (which wasn't), and the confetti man takes it upon himself to let the stuff fly.

I have not even mentioned half of the inconsistencies of this 'production' called SB 51, come on folks really are we this naive.

It has nothing to do with who won/lost this game, have been upset with previous SBs being fixed, and cannot go back far enough to find a clean one.

Even though the Falcons were a much better team than the Patriots, I would have accepted a respectful loss, if that is what the powers-that-be wanted. They need a 'Michael Jordan', which is now obviously Tom Brady. What has really gotten me up in arms about this SB, is the way they made the Atlanta fan base the sacrificial lamb. It was a pure sacrifice and total humiliation!.

Edited by Cheap Talk
On 2/10/2017 at 9:49 AM, Dr. Falcon said:

Cause we all know, for the 30 other fanbases in the NFL who are not in the Super Bowl, the biggest thing they want is for the SB to NOT be a blowout. I know that partially because that is what I want whenever the Falcons are not in the Super Bowl.

It improves TV ratings.  The Seahawks blowing out Denver had very poor ratings.  Low ratings affect how much the NFL can charge for ads and contracts in the future.

Edited by BLM
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 0:18 AM, Dr. Falcon said:

Look I have nothing against the effort of the players. If you read my responses above, you will see that rigging does cause success, rather rigging is the manipulation of success to bring the best outcome for yourself. You have to make it believable otherwise people will be up in arms. Just like you are right now. And if you read my posts and comments earlier, this post is semi /purple and a response to all the doom and gloom that has been on this board. Again ppl need to lighten up. That being said you have to understand that rigging or manipulation of events occurs all the time. Its called politics, and advertising. 

Sorry, I missed seeing the purple because I was blinded by red.