BCEagleATLFalcon

At This Point, All I Can Do Is Laugh ...

38 posts in this topic

I'm kinda over it. In the past this would have killed me, but I don't know getting old ain't so bad. I look more to the future rather than the past.

The best that will come out of this is a renewed drive from this team. That brotherhood stuff isn't just nonsense or a stupid catchphrase. It really means something to Quinn, TD, Blank and this team. There is a reason why they built around that philosophy. It will be the springboard to the future.

Yes, the Falcons should have won the game, but they aren't going to dwell on this. This team is built to win and will do so. If what we saw was a motivated Falcons going to the super bowl, imagine them next season with a massive chip on their shoulders. 

SN4ttERboXxer and NCFalconfan like this

Been playing some call of duty infinite warfare zombies, killing things seem to be working.  That and amazon prime! Now I'm just waiting for NFL store to have some sales to get rid of Falcons gear. My way of at least getting something out of it.  Daddy needs a new salute to service Falcons hoodie! And a new hat, this season's hat needs to be retired. Hehe

socalriseup likes this

BC, we just love ya to death! you've been a much welcomed addition here for sure. Hate that you can't turn a corner up there without being reminded, but it is what it is. 

I haven't turned a sports show on since I turned off the game as soon as they said 'he scored'. I've been to the NFL site a few times for headlines, and I'm just blacking out my eyes from seeing anything to do with the game. 

I have no intentions of watching anything football related until the draft. I don't follow MLB or NBA, I watch very little television except for kids shows when the grand daughter is here. Monday and Tuesday, I finished more 'honey do' projects that I have since August  :ninja:, and have more to do, keeping myself busy on those, and being here with my fellow fans, as that old saying "misery loves company" is indeed true, especially when there are so many miserable for the same reason who can commiserate with me perfectly!

we got ya ma'am, come on and vent any time you need to!

I haven't been watching ESPN at all. I know the post Super Bowl coverage will make me feel like dying. But If the Falcons had won, I would be watching it 24 7.

I'm an hour north of Boston and it is gut wrenching listening to all my coworkers celebrate. Several tried to tell me all about the parade they attended yesterday. All I can do is just say congratulations and hope to get a replay about a year from now.  

I think a lot of things went way wrong after going so right in the game from play calling game management and execution and there is not one specific party that is responsible. I listen to NFL on Sirius and one of the announcers was knocking Ryan for holding the ball and not dumping it off to Free in 2 seconds instead of taking the sack. I wanted him to win season MVP but was worried that MVP usually doesn't end up winning the big game which certainly held true. 

I read these boards a lot and sure do appreciate the information and the kinship of loving this team. Nobody but us Falcon fans truly understand what it's like to be a fan of this organization. 

Tandy likes this

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Yes, the Falcons should have won the game, but they aren't going to dwell on this. This team is built to win and will do so. If what we saw was a motivated Falcons going to the super bowl, imagine them next season with a massive chip on their shoulders. 

You do realize that they are going to be asked about this every day for the rest of their lives until they win a Super Bowl, and probably not even that will stop it.

There's no way this isn't going to totally throw a wrench in a 53 man roster and a coaching staff. We made it soooooo much harder. I'm not optimistic at all. We could have the 85 bears D, and a better offense. 

We can't just dismiss this. 

nitrojiber likes this

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Turned it on ESPN and heard Wilbon going on about how the MVP was wrongly awarded to Ryan. Couldn't watch anymore. 

If I'm not mistake, he actually said something along the lines that Ryan 'stole' the MVP. It was pretty harsh. 

Game of thrones is helping me. Literally no chance of any reference whatsoever involving football 

Thank god I have Hockey to fall back on..  Although my hockey team is driving me nuts at the moment..  Yup, break from football until free agency/draft..  No sports news or anything till then.. 

you're a better man than me--I can't even think about how we gave it away or I want to cry or get pissed. I bet AB is still in the fetal position and hasn't gotten out of bed since Sunday night

uspw_6954352.jpg?w=800