Jpowers

The board this year

79 posts in this topic

we've actually had some pretty good discussions this season and a lot of the riff raff has been sussed out. being in Tennessee I'm the only Falcons fan in my family and circle and it's good to build with a group of people with the same love for my team. we'll be back stronger next season.

great post

My first year posting on the board. got to take my son to the playoff game,  when I couldnt afford to go, thanks SkerFalcon 8710, made some friends who Ill be in touch with  ,  and sure enjoyed this ride with you guys,  the brotherhood is very real here and on the field.  I guess I need to take this time to tell you  guys that Im a  liver transplant patient  at Emory University,  Ive been in rejection for 16 months now,   my rejection has gotten very bad, and Emory has suggested Hospice for me ,  the wife and I  are still going over our options, but  its a very narrow chance that  Ill get to do this again with you guys.  I just wanted to say a whole hearted thank you to all you guys , you made this year very very special, I couldnt have made this trip with a better and more passionette  group of people.   I wanted this one bad ,  but this is gonna be a great team , and there is a SuperBowl win ahead. your thoughts and insightful arguments, kept me very busy .  and some of ya'll just crack me up .  Just wanted to say thanks . !!!!!!!!!  

10 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

My first year posting on the board. got to take my son to the playoff game,  when I couldnt afford to go, thanks SkerFalcon 8710, made some friends who Ill be in touch with  ,  and sure enjoyed this ride with you guys,  the brotherhood is very real here and on the field.  I guess I need to take this time to tell you  guys that Im a  liver transplant patient  at Emory University,  Ive been in rejection for 16 months now,   my rejection has gotten very bad, and Emory has suggested Hospice for me ,  the wife and I  are still going over our options, but  its a very narrow chance that  Ill get to do this again with you guys.  I just wanted to say a whole hearted thank you to all you guys , you made this year very very special, I couldnt have made this trip with a better and more passionette  group of people.   I wanted this one bad ,  but this is gonna be a great team , and there is a SuperBowl win ahead. your thoughts and insightful arguments, kept me very busy .  and some of ya'll just crack me up .  Just wanted to say thanks . !!!!!!!!!  

**** man. I don't have the words. I never really thought about why it was that skerfalcon gave you those tickets considering his prerequisites.I just focused on the fact that you were able to take your son to the game.

All I can do is offer up my best wishes to you and your family man. You getting to go to the game with your son is probably my favorite thing ever off of this board.

Tim Mazetti, Jy23, Vandy and 9 others like this

4 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

**** man. I don't have the words. I never really thought about why it was that skerfalcon gave you those tickets considering his prerequisites.I just focused on the fact that you were able to take your son to the game.

All I can do is offer up my best wishes to you and your family man. You getting to go to the game with your son is probably my favorite thing ever off of this board.

18 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

I can't say much after this, it wasn't a hard choice when it came down to it and it just felt like fate, Dennis and I try to keep up with each other daily. It's been a tough few months for me and it's been a rough few years for him but in the end we will be friends till the end. Thanks for the kind words @Jpowers. I wish as much as anyone that our birds would have completed the goal but in the end I made a lot of good friends and new relationships. Here's to @Slappywhite! I got your back till the end! 

4 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Thanks  JP  He's a great guy and sure enjoyed talking to him about , life, love ,and  kids  

41 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I can't say much after this, it wasn't a hard choice when it came down to it and it just felt like fate, Dennis and I try to keep up with each other daily. It's been a tough few months for me and it's been a rough few years for him but in the end we will be friends till the end. Thanks for the kind words @Jpowers. I wish as much as anyone that our birds would have completed the goal but in the end I made a lot of good friends and new relationships. Here's to @Slappywhite! I got your back till the end! 

39 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Thanks  JP  He's a great guy and sure enjoyed talking to him about , life, love ,and  kids  

Well I certainly wish you guys could have met under better circumstances but I'm glad you did.

Slappywhite likes this

2 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

Man....I can tell you're a really good dude. Keep the faith brother.....you'll be in my prayers for sure.

2 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

Man, I can't imagine how tough it's had to be but I'm so glad that people came in to show their true colors here.  We do have some really awesome people on this board.  I've been here around 14 years or so and your situation has been one of the most inspirational of all time here.  I'm really glad that you got the opportunity to go and see the best team we've ever had yet here with your son.  I so wished this team had taken it a few days ago, not for old timers like me, but especially for those whose chances are cloudy at this point like yourself.  Just know that many of us will pray for you each and every day and hope that things will turn around for you and your family.  Most of all though, thank you for sharing with us and letting us know that there are more important things in life than just what we usually come here for. 

3 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I just wanted to point out a couple of things I've really appreciated and enjoyed about the board this year. It's just been different to me.

1. The giveaways.

@Leggggggo @SkerFalcon8710 @ya_boi_j and I feel like I'm forgetting someone and if so..I apologize.

@Slappywhite was able to take his son to a playoff game because of this board and @SkerFalcon8710 being so generous. That's pretty freaking awesome. Just wanted to take a moment to let you guys know I appreciate that. To me that's what this board can be at it's best. A bunch of random people with a similar passion for the Falcons or football in general who actually help each other out when possible.

2. The informative football discussion.

@TheFatboi, @vel, @RandomFan, @Knight of God and several others. Thanks for bringing insightful football discussion to the board. I always feel like I learn something from you guys.

Now there's no way I wasn't going to mention @PeytonMannings Forehead here. I know you have to spend a significant amount of time putting those threads together. Believe me it's appreciated. I have learned so much from those threads.

Thanks guys.

I really like this thread.  It's really easy to take things for granted.  It's also really tough to fully comprehend just how special something really is without the help of  hindsight.  Thanks for this post and thank you to everybody you mentioned and everybody else that helps and contributes to making this place as good as it can be.