GhostofGritz

You Guys Have Helped Me Tremendously

69 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

agree live in kcmo and i am alone 

You are not alone!   TATF may be a lot of things - but we come together when one of us needs someone.   We're here with ya and for ya!

kschreck, papachaz and NateDogg1215 like this

Today is my first day back.  I even turned on some sports radio today.  I haven't watched any TV over the last 3 days.  Still weighs very heavy.

It's not like i post here as many as others, but, i do chime in from time to time.

Thinking next week will be better.

GhostofGritz and Tandy like this

First off, I agree completely.  This was the only place I wanted to be.

Second and more ironically, how many times have we avoided this place after a loss yet it turns out to be the best place to come after the single most devastating loss of our Falcon fanhood?

Tandy, BCEagleATLFalcon and rounz like this

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Man. This is family. Not letting anyone talk about my team or fanbase anymore

Man I'm not kidding when I say I have never felt like Falcon nation is real til this year. We may not be big as other fan bases but people underestimate this fan base. We've all been on here for a long time but the brotherhood really does feel like it is extended to the fan base.

Tandy and Knight of God like this

4 hours ago, runshoot said:

Hope youre under the age of 45. Otherwise.....

I'm 40....so you're telling me there's a chance....

4 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

I'm not going to make this long or sappy. Like most of you I felt Sunday night like I had been sucker punched in the stomach by an "in his prime" Mike Tyson.

This message board was the first place I came to online because I knew there wasn't anyone on this planet who would understand my gut-wrenching pain and stunned disbelief more than my fellow Falcons fans...and for that I am supremely grateful.

We fight, we disagree, we sometimes can't stand each other...but when all is said and done we are the only ones who really understand what it is and what it takes to be a fan of the Atlanta Falcons.

I appreciate all of you, my long time friends and even those of you I haven't had a chance to meet yet.

We'll get that Lombardi....and when we do we'll be the only ones who truly understand our journey.

We are one big dysfunctional family but family none the less.i stayed in this place has a safe haven of sorts for the last couple of days..only real place I can mourn vent and grief..very glad to be apart of this place and I hope to meet some of you in person one day and have a drink or two 

kschreck, Tandy, papachaz and 1 other like this

It has been over 72 hours and it still hurts. I was hoping it would be a little better at this point, but just not the case. I'm glad we have this message board, bc this definitely helps and agree that this terrible experience will bring us closer together, including the team. I do believe we will rise up from this and win a Super Bowl in the near future. Getting our new stadium could not have come at a better time. Brotherhood!

Tandy and GhostofGritz like this

5 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Me and you both brother. I've only been here and listened to 92.9. I'm just not ready for the rest of it yet.

92.9 has been my rock this week.  They get it, without them this week would have been much more difficult.  

There was so much that went wrong for us that we cannot blame one person, and so much that went right for NE we cannot credit just Brady.  My heart still hearts, and what heart I still have goes out to all of you who still ache and most of all the players on that field that night.  I don't care what has happened in the past or the future holds for this team I am standing behind them, that's what we do as fans.

I really feel the fans are connected this year more than any other time..its cool in a way that we all are mourning and hurting together,I think the city of Atlanta is has close as its ever been all because of falcons football.DQ's message is extending of the field and I'm glad that he acknowledged that we are hurting like the team is..listening to him made me feel better.reading alot of your thoughts helped too..I'm just still angry but that's slowly going away too..

I'm ready for what the future holds I think we are headed in the right direction just right now we got to get past and get through his but **** I'll never forget Sunday.

Tandy likes this

1 hour ago, kschreck said:

Man I'm not kidding when I say I have never felt like Falcon nation is real til this year. We may not be big as other fan bases but people underestimate this fan base. We've all been on here for a long time but the brotherhood really does feel like it is extended to the fan base.

In Brotherhood

Removing the wolfpac sig when I get home

2 hours ago, kschreck said:

First off, I agree completely.  This was the only place I wanted to be.

Second and more ironically, how many times have we avoided this place after a loss yet it turns out to be the best place to come after the single most devastating loss of our Falcon fanhood?

I really hadn't thought of that, and how very true it is.

It's NEVER my first thought to come on the boards after a loss. Never. I often stay away the entire week. There's just so much pettiness and bickering (and I'm totally guilty of it myself when I do venture on after an "L").

But this time, getting here was my instant thought. I had to get on here and talk to everyone.

And you know what, it really does make sense.

With families and friends, there's always some pettiness, always some bickering about trivial things. But when a family member is REALLY in pain? You come together. You rally.

I don't care how bizarre it might seem to anyone who's not part of an Internet community like this.

This is a family.

And I'm very grateful for it.

GhostofGritz and kschreck like this

well I posted a response to a couple but failed to respond to the OP. Gritz, hated to see you pull out, and dang glad to see you back posting brother! I do agree, the more recent fans, even the real ones and not the bandwagoners, are just now really starting to feel what being a Falcons fan has been for us long timers. I'm glad to be a part of the board, there are those here who wouldn't care if I wasn't here, and some of those I kinda sorta return that for, but we are all family, and yeah, we all have family we feel that way about too, so I guess that just proves it, :ninja:

I had my eyes closed listening to the end of overtime. As soon as they said he scored, I turned the tv off, and I haven't turned it back on to any sports station at all. I did listen to some 92.9 yesterday in the truck going to town, but couldn't even take that today when I was out and about. But I haven't left here, and have no intention to. So even for those few who don't like me, I'm still here for ya to hate on...:lol::lol:

we'll be back in the playoffs next year, maybe even the SB. I long for that first thursday night game, because these boys are gonna be pumped to go into foxboro and kick some arse....

GhostofGritz likes this

**** straight @GhostofGritz... I've been reading these boards for over ten years now, and living in Alaska it's tough to get hometown news.  This board is like family to me, even though I'm always the ninja lurking in the shadows but never posting.  People bleach and whine all the time around here, but it's the realist Falcon fans I know outside of my family. Tough to get over, but we're Atlanta Falcons fans! We've been drug through some stuff in our lives yet we remain faithful, because that's what we do! Love you all!

GhostofGritz likes this

I think we all have been our rock to each other..I try not to be super selfish about my feelings towards the game because at the end of the day I'm just a fan.i can't imagine how the players are feeling and thinking right now,i think it's even hard on wife's and family right now having to keep the guys uplifted and positive right now..especially guys like Rico that wife is literally going over plays and training with him..i know she's feeling it bad to just like she was out there and lost.

When we lost in 98 I was young and didn't fully understand the severity of the loss and what it meant.I'm now 32 and a super bowl loss has my thoughts upside down I could only imagine how the fans at the time felt after that blow out loss.i understand what that loss means now and the pain heavy thoughts and sleepless nights.thats what happens when your emotional connected and invested into something you feel it that much harder whether it's good or bad..it can't rain all the time but for right now it's pouring..

GhostofGritz likes this