GhostofGritz

You Guys Have Helped Me Tremendously

69 posts in this topic

almost posted something similar to this today. i dont know what i would have done without this board. i know no one who is a falcons fan out here so this is my natural place to find others i can mourn with.

2017 may be our year, i hope

6 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

I'm not going to make this long or sappy. Like most of you I felt Sunday night like I had been sucker punched in the stomach by an "in his prime" Mike Tyson.

This message board was the first place I came to online because I knew there wasn't anyone on this planet who would understand my gut-wrenching pain and stunned disbelief more than my fellow Falcons fans...and for that I am supremely grateful.

We fight, we disagree, we sometimes can't stand each other...but when all is said and done we are the only ones who really understand what it is and what it takes to be a fan of the Atlanta Falcons.

I appreciate all of you, my long time friends and even those of you I haven't had a chance to meet yet.

We'll get that Lombardi....and when we do we'll be the only ones who truly understand our journey.

These are such great sentiments.  I agree completely.

I have not turned on ESPN since Sunday.  The message board, along with local sports radio, is cathartic.

3 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

I'm not going to make this long or sappy. Like most of you I felt Sunday night like I had been sucker punched in the stomach by an "in his prime" Mike Tyson.

This message board was the first place I came to online because I knew there wasn't anyone on this planet who would understand my gut-wrenching pain and stunned disbelief more than my fellow Falcons fans...and for that I am supremely grateful.

We fight, we disagree, we sometimes can't stand each other...but when all is said and done we are the only ones who really understand what it is and what it takes to be a fan of the Atlanta Falcons.

I appreciate all of you, my long time friends and even those of you I haven't had a chance to meet yet.

We'll get that Lombardi....and when we do we'll be the only ones who truly understand our journey.

We feel each other's pain.

When my wife shared my insomnia with her Mom and my daughters school teacher she told me they didn't understand.

I told her that's because they weren't football fans and especially since they weren't Falcons fans.

Only Falcons fans truly understand why we cried when we beat Green Bay and only Falcons fans will truly understand the pain we have had to endure since Sunday.

This may be the only place where we can talk with people that truly understand what we're going through.... everyone here can relate.

We'll get through this but it's going to take time...

**** right this board has been like a therapy couch for me the past few days. lol This page is about the only website I've visited in 3 days. Other than that, I've sort of just unplugged for a while- reading an old soldier account of his 4 years on the front lines in WW1-now that is a 55 gallon barrell of perspective I've purposely dunked my head in so not to feel sorry for myself about Sunday's kick to the balls.

I quite honestly don't know what I would have done the past 3 days without this board. That may sound melodramatic or overdramatic but it is 100% reality.

Living in Boston right now is excruciating. Every single place I turn, there's a reminder of what should be ours - fans sporting their gear, billboards advertising the championship, and that f***ing parade yesterday. I can't watch even the local news without being gut-punched.

This board, all of you, have been my therapy and my refuge amidst that.

I'm STILL not over this one, not even close, partly because of these constant visual reminders.

But knowing I can come here and vent and grieve helps tremendously.

Thank you all, from the very bottom of my very broken sports fan heart.

7 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

With all the talk these days of "safe spaces" Talk About the Atlanta Falcons def came through as I have yet to fully venture into the wild wild world of ESPN, NFL Network, Facebook, and Twitter yet.

Me and you both brother. I've only been here and listened to 92.9. I'm just not ready for the rest of it yet.

Look, we may not always get along here but I've always felt that this group was like any other family.  Dysfunctional to a degree but still a family.  My belief is that 95% of us all wanted nothing more than to see our team reach the summit Sunday and to have it play out like it did was hard.  Everyone has handled it differently but I think that overall the tone has been somber but there's been a certain level of comradery in trying to get through this which is nice even if it isn't under ideal circumstances.

9 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

With all the talk these days of "safe spaces" Talk About the Atlanta Falcons def came through as I have yet to fully venture into the wild wild world of ESPN, NFL Network, Facebook, and Twitter yet.

Do yourself a favor and hold off of them... stick to TAFT. I still have yet to even listen to 92.9... I may tune back in to them soon... but as of right now it's strictly TAFT for me. 

18 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

Hope youre under the age of 45. Otherwise.....

nitrojiber likes this

Just now, D.B.N. said:

Do yourself a favor and hold off of them... stick to TAFT. I still have yet to even listen to 92.9... I may tune back in to them soon... but as of right now it's strictly TAFT for me. 

92.9 has been pretty good about it. Monday they sounded just like us and they've gotten progressively better as the week goes on. I think you're safe to tune in man.

D.B.N., GhostofGritz, rounz and 1 other like this

24 hours is all it took me.

i watched the replay 3 times dissected it swore at the TV over and over threw a few things went to the gym put the gloves down n and wailed on a heavy bag for a bit.

I felt a lot better.

NCFalconfan and GhostofGritz like this

8 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I quite honestly don't know what I would have done the past 3 days without this board. That may sound melodramatic or overdramatic but it is 100% reality.

Living in Boston right now is excruciating. Every single place I turn, there's a reminder of what should be ours - fans sporting their gear, billboards advertising the championship, and that f***ing parade yesterday. I can't watch even the local news without being gut-punched.

This board, all of you, have been my therapy and my refuge amidst that.

I'm STILL not over this one, not even close, partly because of these constant visual reminders.

But knowing I can come here and vent and grieve helps tremendously.

Thank you all, from the very bottom of my very broken sports fan heart.

I can't imagine living in Boston right now...danm, makes me want to send you a bottle of Jack Daniels to help ease the pain. lol Hang in there BC! 

One thing is for **** sure, this board is gonna have one **** of a party when the day does come. There may not be an unburned couch and a full bottle of liqour left in Atlanta the night that happens..

Slappywhite likes this

I slept MAYBE two hours that night after the loss. My girlfriend, almost fiance, is not a big sports fan yet but she'll support any team I will support and not ONE complaint from her while watching that game with me for four hours and then listening to my venting at midnight when we both had work the next morning...God bless that woman...I am a lucky guy.

It still hurts right now but not to the same degree. I know that pain will be gone eventually. I know we have a great head coach. I know we have a great leader in Ryan. I know we have the great young talent mixed with some vets. I know we'll be back soon and when that happens, we are going to win and I will hope to see you all at the parade down Peachtree.

GhostofGritz, RoRo and Crazy Trav like this

1 minute ago, NCFalconfan said:

I can't imagine living in Boston right now...danm, makes me want to send you a bottle of Jack Daniels to help ease the pain. lol Hang in there BC! 

One thing is for **** sure, this board is gonna are gonna have one **** of a party when the day does come. There may not be an unburned couch and a full bottle of liqour left in Atlanta the night that happens..

H*ll yes we are. I think we should all pick a part of the parade route where we meet. Wear a name tag with our screen name and drink and cheer and celebrate together. We've sure freaking earned it.

By the way, your sig is one of the few things that has made me laugh out loud in the last 3 days. Thank you for that.

Sidious and NCFalconfan like this

21 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

This message board was the LAST place I wanted to be. I told myself i wont go on for a week. yeah right  As soon as i woke up I grabbed my phone. I feel the frustration  that everyone feels I feel the hurt the anger the embarrassment. But most of all i feel the brotherhood.  We are all gonna be ok. This team should be good again next year. Chin up and Rise up..although a new slogan is in order I beieve

13 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Hope youre under the age of 45. Otherwise.....

Nope. Over. But I'll see it.

You choose not to believe it will happen? That's obviously your right.

biloxifalcon likes this