Colin Cowherd likes the Steve Sarkisian hire

I mean...if people would just relax and do some research they would realize that this is a really good hire.  The man has made something out of nothing in some seriously bad situation...then let his personal life get the best of him.  Hes been in more big pressure moments, outside of the Super Bowl, then Kyle S....so I dont see him making the same mistakes.  I love the hire.

I couldn't agree more.

Sark has always struck me as a player-first kinda coach that develops a strong bond with them. This ties right into Quinn's M.O.

Saban... clearly is not that way so I think it makes a ton of sense.

The offense won't change, maybe just a little bit of the verbiage, but from what I understand Sark is on board and knows the plan and will run this offense well.

3 minutes ago, Radiohead said:

I couldn't agree more.

Sark has always struck me as a player-first kinda coach that develops a strong bond with them. This ties right into Quinn's M.O.

Saban... clearly is not that way so I think it makes a ton of sense.

The offense won't change, maybe just a little bit of the verbiage, but from what I understand Sark is on board and knows the plan and will run this offense well.

I also think this will give Ryan a little more control over the offense in certain situations.  Kyle S. was a good coach...but you can tell by how he called the game the other night that he's arrogant as **** and stuck in his ways sometime

Just now, weezy01212 said:

I agree with everybody on the Sark news.

What I hate right now is the media over-reaction to letting R.Smith and B.Cox go. Media is acting like this is us reacting to the SuperBowl but it sounds like Quinn has been coaching the 2nd half of the year which explains the improved D.

Yea the media is misinformed.  What the Sark move shows me is that Quinn had plans for the coaching well before the SuperBowl was even played.  I believe the defensive changes were part of those plans.

5 minutes ago, JAxxSmooth said:

I also think this will give Ryan a little more control over the offense in certain situations.  Kyle S. was a good coach...but you can tell by how he called the game the other night that he's arrogant as **** and stuck in his ways sometime

This right here. As good as we saw Ryan play last year, I believe he can be even better. Especially if he has more freedom and input. Fuq u Kyle!!

3 minutes ago, JAxxSmooth said:

Yea the media is misinformed.  What the Sark move shows me is that Quinn had plans for the coaching well before the SuperBowl was even played.  I believe the defensive changes were part of those plans.

Spot on! Yesterday in the press conference DQ said two things of note.

1) He knew he was going to lose Kyle S.

2) Sark was doing a tour of some NFL camps during the offeseason in what sounded like the South-East part of the country. During that visit DQ said he knew he might like the idea of Sark taking over the offense but didn't want to bring it up unless it was a possibility.

9 minutes ago, weezy01212 said:

I agree with everybody on the Sark news.

What I hate right now is the media over-reaction to letting R.Smith and B.Cox go. Media is acting like this is us reacting to the SuperBowl but it sounds like Quinn has been coaching the 2nd half of the year which explains the improved D.

I promise you Quinn was letting Smith & Cox go whether the Falcons won or lost the SuperBowl.   These moves were baked in the cake regardless - this is not some knee-jerk reaction.

3 minutes ago, sdogg said:

This right here. As good as we saw Ryan play last year, I believe he can be even better. Especially if he has more freedom and input. Fuq u Kyle!!

all Ryan needs is another coach like Koetter that knows when to let Ryan do his thing. if Matt had control of the offense late in the game, we would have ran and used the clock. one thing for sure, Matt may be a company man but he ain't dumb

As much as I don't mind Colin Cowherd saying good things about us, he's also a West Coast homer who would have an affection for Sark because of his time at his beloved USC and UW (Colin is a Seattle native). Nonetheless, I'm excited to see where the offense goes. I just hope the running game doesn't take a significant hit like I've seen posted here. 

Edited by NashvilleFalcon01