I don't see us rebounding from this one

I just don't see it.

The players will second guess the play calling from Quinn. Just like we are now.

Had this been a typical loss maybe not.

But to lose this way, with the trophy in your hands, can and probably will shatter the team's confidence in this coaching staff.

This loss is on the coaches and everyone knows it. Why would any player want to sacrifice for a coach who stole their SuperBowl victory from them?

I wouldn't.

We had the championship in the bag. The coaches opened the bag and dumped the trophy on the floor for the Patriots to scoop up.

Now, instead of the Falcons going under the radar which many of us fans couldn't stand, they are being ridiculed by the whole nation. Totally laughed at.

I'm not proud. I thought I would be but I'm not. I tried to play it off at work but everyone has teased and laughed for two days straight. A guy asked me why I even like that sorry team. The truth is I don't have a clue. I moved away from Atlanta last year because the part I lived in (Jonesboro) kept going down hill. Opportunities were no longer available.

Every time this team gets close you can see the panic and desperation get the better of them as the clock runs down. I'm so tired of supporting this team that convinces its fans to believe, just to literally crush our hopes.

All the years of support through the garbage play and horrible decisions would have been vindicated with a victory. Instead we get humiliation.

It's so hard to continue to support this team.

I really am a worn out Falcon fan.

Got news for you and your co workers, 30 other teams tell their fans the same thing every year. They would have loved to be one of those two teams. Only one team wins it and it's hard! Other fans talk **** about us losing because their sorry *** team was sitting at home. They already got embarrassed and trying to make themselves feel better. 

Edited by THEHEADCOACH

The thing is, Shanahan's gone.

And while Quinn had the absolute right to overrule him during the game (and I hope to God he learned from it), Shanahan is the clear scapegoat for this loss.

So my hope is that, with him gone, many of the arguments you're making about losing faith in the coaching staff will not manifest.

But I'm not going to sit here and be "rah rah."

Not yet.

I'm believing we'll get back to the Super Bowl really soon (2017 or 2018 season) for no other reason than that the alternative is too painful to think about right now.

I think the players will be fine, from the interviews I heard it sounds like they were all ready to hit the books and weight room this off season.. it could be just talk, but at least it's talk I like to hear.  Me and like most of you... man I'm still hurting so bad.  I just hope the Devonta Freeman contract situation doesn't get nasty.

Edited by james b

I keep hearing from dumb a$$ fans whose team sucks (Tampa Bay,SAINTS, the browns(really) and I KNOW they wish they had a season like we just did.I KNOW they wish they had the weapons we do and I know they wish they had Quinn as their coach.I was pished after the last time we let a lead get away from us.I am Pished it happaened again.BUT,I'm a Falcons fan,it's what I do.so for all the people who want to quit,I understand,but if you go,don't come back if we repeat this seasons performance.Go if you just couldn't take another heartbreak,ridicule from family and coworkers.But don't run us down and then want to jump back on the bandwagon.Me............I can't wait for the draft.RISE UP MUTHERTRUCKERS, August can't get here soon enough and i will while away the time watching nascar and counting down....................

In 2013, McClure retiring started the turnstile that was the offensive line for several years, Gonzo set a weird tone by not coming to training camp, the team was older, we had a ridiculous rash of injuries, and above all, even Smitty admitted that the team became so focused on "Super Bowl or bust" that they stopped doing the things that had gotten them there.

I'm genuinely hopeful that 2017 will be different. Mack's not going anywhere, and that offensive line's stability is CRUCIAL to Matt. We don't have anyone who's not going to be putting in 100% from the get-go. We are YOUNG. And our youth is wildly talented. Injuries you can't control, but we showed an ability this year to bounce back from ones that seemed catastrophic at the time (Tru). And I think given that Quinn did not allow the team to give in to the "The Falcons will collapse again after a great start" narrative, he can steer them in the right direction to mentally overcome this.

I hope.

2 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

So I guess Blank should just file the papers with Goodell and eradicate the franchise?

Screw that.

I have a lifetime invested being a Falcons fan. This was and still is incredibly painful.

To suggest that this franchise can't rebound from this is silly in my opinion.

Not the franchise my man. This team. Big difference 

Edited by WornOutFalconFan

Come on... I swear if half of ya'll were as emotionally invested as you claim to be you would have been waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I was in every single playoff game, like this crap is new for the Falcons?  It just happened four years ago only it just happened a game earlier.

Don't act like you don't know we're prone to heartbreak... 

That's what you sign up for with this team... we all knew it when we began rooting for the Falcons.

One day maybe that will make things all the more sweeter if we win.  Cub fan and Sox fan waited over 100 years, we're at 51....

It doesn't change anything.  You think Buc fan is any happier this year because Gruden won a Superbowl?

They are still on a journey with their young team...  the only difference is a few memes and other peoples validation which isn't worth **** anyway.

Deal with it or get another hobby!

You can look at it two ways one that its a learning process and the falcons were simply ahead of schedule this year look back at Seattle in 2012 Denver in the Superbowl after getting blown out by Seattle.

Or

you can say well everything line up perfect this year with home field advantage and favoritable matuchups then to build a huge lead even with poor offensive play were up 28-3 deep into the 3rd and had the great franische with the goat reeling and all but done and found a way to lose rather than win and there goes there only chance.

Its really hard to say how they will respond or come back. I think its very important for Dan Quinn,TD and Aurther to go all in like the giants did last year got get a few top notch defensive players + nail the draft. If they spend a lot of money it will also show the players there all in and are determined to win it all and get back and not satisfied with what happened last year.

I also think opening the season in NE and whipping them again (this time finish the job) would do wonders then open the new dome against NO and smash them again.

They also have Dallas,greenbay and Seattle on the schedule next year two so it won't get any easier 

I think its all on the defense honestly if they play like they did the last 3 games they have a shot to win every game they play next season. The game the defense played against NE was there best yet to yea they blew it but they played more than twice as many snaps as the offense did and made Brady and the pats earn every yard threw the ball 60+ times and simply got tired.

25 minutes ago, WornOutFalconFan said:

I just don't see it.

The players will second guess the play calling from Quinn. Just like we are now.

Had this been a typical loss maybe not.

But to lose this way, with the trophy in your hands, can and probably will shatter the team's confidence in this coaching staff.

This loss is on the coaches and everyone knows it. Why would any player want to sacrifice for a coach who stole their SuperBowl victory from them?

I wouldn't.

We had the championship in the bag. The coaches opened the bag and dumped the trophy on the floor for the Patriots to scoop up.

Now, instead of the Falcons going under the radar which many of us fans couldn't stand, they are being ridiculed by the whole nation. Totally laughed at.

I'm not proud. I thought I would be but I'm not. I tried to play it off at work but everyone has teased and laughed for two days straight. A guy asked me why I even like that sorry team. The truth is I don't have a clue. I moved away from Atlanta last year because the part I lived in (Jonesboro) kept going down hill. Opportunities were no longer available.

Every time this team gets close you can see the panic and desperation get the better of them as the clock runs down. I'm so tired of supporting this team that convinces its fans to believe, just to literally crush our hopes.

All the years of support through the garbage play and horrible decisions would have been vindicated with a victory. Instead we get humiliation.

It's so hard to continue to support this team.

I really am a worn out Falcon fan.

You are somewhere around the Denial and Anger phase - you don't want to believe what happened and are ready to give up entirely on the team.  You will after a few posts enter a bargaining phase where you try to figure out why it happened.  You will then enter a stage of depression but then come to the final stage of acceptance and looking forward to next season.

I see a complete rebound. Owner/gm/coach. I also see the complete evolution of TMQ. Guaranteed he inserts himself in crucial offensive series like the SB 23 yard line debacle next year. He took over play calling from Richard Smith. This is the next and final HC phase. I base this on all the HC/ management moves he's made this and corrected mistakes.

Just now, Lornoth said:

So last year other teams were just half ***-ing it against us? That's really what you think?

Um yea?  It's human nature.  UGA has this problem too.  They can't get up for the crappy teams.  Almost lost to ga southern 2 years ago and Nichols last year. 

2 minutes ago, thomass said:

Um yea?  It's human nature.  UGA has this problem too.  They can't get up for the crappy teams.  Almost lost to ga southern 2 years ago and Nichols last year. 

No, it's not. That doesn't happen in the NFL. Trap games and 'overlooking' other teams are a fan and media construct, a myth. There's only 16 games in a season for the majority of the NFL, if they don't 'get up' all the way for each one then they don't last long.