First Take: Is there any way the Falcons can recover from their SB loss?

2 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

I'm a little bit more impatient so I say both years lol. Honestly, what were we saying going into this season? Something a long the lines of "just get a winning record" or "just make the playoffs". No one actually thought that we would make it to the SB and dominate the Patriots for 3 quarters until.....the reminder of us being an Atlanta team happened. It would definitely be great to win it all when it's here though. Would kind of seem like some weird fairytale type fate. Almost as if all of this pain and heartbreak for decades happened for a reason.

I thought The team would win eight to ten games, and get to the playoffs as a Wild Card. I didn't care if they won a game. Anything on top of that was gravy. As you stated, if you're up 28-3 in the Super Bowl, why not go ahead and win it? Screw low expectations at that point. But if the Falcons got to the Super Bowl in two years, I'd definitely go to that. Fork up a few grand, stay at Mom's place and party when we win. It was so much fun downtown after the NFC Championship Game. Could you imagine the party if they won it here? The city would go crazy!

If we would've pulled that game out with the FG we should've had, does anyone think Brady would've got MVP?  No, it would've been Matty Ice.  He also would've won at at the end if that dumbazz Weems would've taken a knee in the endzone instead of running some clock off and only getting to the 16 yard line instead of taking it at the 25.  We cannot cut him fast enough for my taste.  

16 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I thought The team would win eight to ten games, and get to the playoffs as a Wild Card. I didn't care if they won a game. Anything on top of that was gravy. As you stated, if you're up 28-3 in the Super Bowl, why not go ahead and win it? Screw low expectations at that point. But if the Falcons got to the Super Bowl in two years, I'd definitely go to that. Fork up a few grand, stay at Mom's place and party when we win. It was so much fun downtown after the NFC Championship Game. Could you imagine the party if they won it here? The city would go crazy!

Definitely. That would be a dream come true honestly.

34 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If we would've pulled that game out with the FG we should've had, does anyone think Brady would've got MVP?  No, it would've been Matty Ice.  He also would've won at at the end if that dumbazz Weems would've taken a knee in the endzone instead of running some clock off and only getting to the 16 yard line instead of taking it at the 25.  We cannot cut him fast enough for my taste.  

Jarrett would have gotten my vote.

Just now, Vandy said:

Jarrett would have gotten my vote.

I agree. Especially if he sets the record for most sacks in a Super Bowl on the last drive. Matt would have had a strong case though. I don't know what the highest passer rating in a Super Bowl would have been, but 144+ has to be up there. How cool would it have been to see a 158.3 passer rating in the Super Bowl. It would definitely put to bed the "choker" and "not clutch" labels.