POLL - What was the main reason we lost this Superbowl

jlrfalcon

What was the main reason we lost this Superbowl?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What was the main reason we lost this Superbowl?

• Our defense was on the field way too long
    • Tom Brady is truly a great QB
    • New England clearly was more experienced
    • Kyle Shanahan was too greedy/stupid in his calls
    • The game was rigged/fixed
    • Matt Ryan did not live up to his MVP level
    • The officials made poor calls against us
    • Other
    • Dan Quinn for poor head coaching
    • Freeman for blowing his blocking assignment

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, lidsville_falcon said:

MR should have been in a deep passing play counting on a 5' 6" running back blocking a 6' 5"  300 pound LB. Three runs and a FG we would've won. Screw everything else that went wrong. Shanahan gave us one last F before he left. 

@JesusChrist I wish we had Jacquizz Rodgers in on that play.

@Romfal It was without question on the coaches. Matt Ryan was asking to run the ball. If your coaches don't listen to their MVP, they don't really respect Matt enough on a personal level. It wasn't compromising to run nearly every play from the moment you get the ball back IN RUN FORMATIONS and throw ONLY on good looks Matt has while under Center. The problem was that shotgun BS with 3, 2, and 1 score leads...ah, well. Shotgun again in FG range like a ****** and ask our OL not to hold vs a team desperate for a hero play. That is being greedy and not respecting your opponent.

You didn't respect Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. That is why you lost, coach. Gambling with Super Bowl and ya lost.

Edited by slimjim

1- Not running the ball in the 2nd half

2- Very poor clock management from all. MR2 regularly taking the snap with 15+ seconds on the play clock

3- Offense couldnt keep the defense off the field

4- Gassed defense

5- Dumbass Freemans whiff

6- Poor use of timeouts

Everybody knows why we blew it. Up 28-3 and only run the ball 5 times, with the best RB duo in the NFL. Quinn may learn from his mistakes, but he didn't this time around. He totally forgotten about what happens when you try to outthink Bill in the SB. That's 2 SB's Bill should have lost, but because of the opposing coaches making idiotic calls, they make Bill look like a genius. It's like when Bobo tried to outthink Spurrier 4-5 years ago, when instead of giving it to Gurley on the goal line, he lets Hudson Mason throw the ball. Idiot!!

On Inside The NFL per Phil Simms if Devonta would've got a piece of Hightower we had Aldrick Robinson wide open for 6.  He also said the Patriots were aware of our speed but we caught them off guard by how fast our defense actually was.  He credited the Pats for adjusting to our man coverage and speed in the 2nd half. He said we couldn't counter their adjustments in the end. 

12 hours ago, FalconMama said:

Does Pats DC Matt Patricia and his defense get a little credit for holding our offense to 21 points? Yes, no?

I guess... but if anyway really thought we were gonna put up 40 on them was fooling themselves.  21 was pretty realistic even for our offense.  History shows high powered offenses do not typically win the super bowl

On 2/7/2017 at 3:12 PM, raysnill1 said:

we were sacrificed. expand the legacy of Brady & Belichick to try to knock the cheater label. Gooddell covered up one and was forced to try to do something to save face after Brady challenged his authority. the NFL will reward us within the next 2 seasons with a world championship for our compliance. mark it down

Thanks, Ray! I'm still hung over though!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/greg-cosells-super-bowl-review-inside-the-play-that-flipped-the-patriots-super-bowl-win-195345367.html

Good read on what I think was the catalyst for our loss.

I mean, do you blame the initial spark that starts the forest fire or the line of dry trees that feeds it? If you miss a good chance to put it out after it's already been burning full blaze, does that change the fact that someone lit the match?

Edited by cyberlian

On 2/7/2017 at 8:51 PM, Wardog357 said:

The injuries also stopped the clock. Just a total derailment for the most part. We HAD to do some stupid things for Brady to win. But that will always be over shadowed since we lost in this horrible fashion. Don't get me wrong....Brady is great QB. But without our mistakes...he doesn't win...plain and simple.

We're the Patriots Crowning Highlight Film for Eternity. And when the Atlanta Falcons choked, giving Brady/Belichick their 5 Super Bowl Ring all but cementing them as the Great Team of all Time, they should thank Kyle Shanahan, Dan Quinn for not being a HEAD COACH, and even MVP Matt Ryan not seeing this was moronic. My 7 year daughter asked me "Dad why is he in the shotgun?"  

12 minutes ago, lidsville_falcon said:

We're the Patriots Crowning Highlight Film for Eternity. And when the Atlanta Falcons choked, giving Brady/Belichick their 5 Super Bowl Ring all but cementing them as the Great Team of all Time, they should thank Kyle Shanahan, Dan Quinn for not being a HEAD COACH, and even MVP Matt Ryan not seeing this was moronic. My 7 year daughter asked me "Dad why is he in the shotgun?"  

Gotta agree. 

Matt should have called a time out and asked WTF are we doing not calling a running play?

9 hours ago, CtSteelah said:

on the Freeman so called whiff ...on sirius ..there was talk that it was possible that Matt got the play wrong completely but you guys seem adamant that there is no discussion. Just thought it was interesting  that some perceived it differently. 

I know what I see. Any Pop Warner coach could see that had disaster written all over it.