Just got home from SB, my thoughts as to why we hired Sark and biggest need no one is talking about

We once had the biggest strongest RB in the NFL, remember SS, he averaged about 2 yards a play- but had great hair?  I'll take the smaller explosive Freeman, who has the heart of a lion, any day of the week. Hope he doesn't muck with the ground game which works just fine.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

I believe we went with a College guy so that Ryan has way more power, not some cocky snob..Also we NEED a big bruiser at RB..to many short yardage situations ended with negative yards..Lacey could be had for real cheap I believe, use him in those situations only and hopefully he could stay healthy.

No lacy is slow and fat

4 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

I believe we went with a College guy so that Ryan has way more power, not some cocky snob..Also we NEED a big bruiser at RB..to many short yardage situations ended with negative yards..Lacey could be had for real cheap I believe, use him in those situations only and hopefully he could stay healthy.

Counter!.

Gonzalez stated that Ryan has fully evolved into the Peyton Manning/Tom Brady realm of QB, and due to this Sarko was hired not as an OC in the traditional sense. he will be like Tom Moore was to Manning and his first job will be to rename all the plays, and audibles.   other than that he aint gonna change jack siht on this offense.

Freeman Teco and Dimarco were one of the best backfields in a long time "League Wide".  But lets bring in another FB and RBs to compete.

If you gots a counter point Im all eyes and ears.

Also look forward to Gazoo and Cappys remarks.  C'mon fellas one more bottle of tequilla will pull you out of it!

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

Wow, just wow at this post

Did I say something that was untrue?  She and her friends were calling him racist names and she hit him first.  Now his whole life has to be ruined?  thats garbage.  Exactly what job is she being blackballed from?

7 minutes ago, nbostp said:

Did I say something that was untrue?  She and her friends were calling him racist names and she hit him first.  Now his whole life has to be ruined?  thats garbage.  Exactly what job is she being blackballed from?

Gents,

Every year there is a group of players that are talented as all get out but they do something stupid and get pushed into the bargain bin. If this guy or any other player that did something extrodinarily stupid is on the board and he is appropriately contrite then I say give him a chance. That said, there are plenty of other teams more desperate at RB than we are. He'll be gone before we get to a point where RB makes th most sense for us. Then again, if Free's contract negotiation goes horribly wrong then maybe.

Totally agree with you regarding not bringing in an ego to work with Matt. Sark is going to learn our system and how to work with our guys, not the other way around, and it starts immediately. Not gonna lie, at this point I trust Quinn more than I do my closest family members, and quite possibly myself.

Just now, sanfranfalcon said:

yeah, no doubt...like keeping continuity on the OLine thru the year might be one....or...

Best player will always win the position man. You could make that same case for many backups. There's not a coach in the league that won't start the best player on the depth chart (Jason Garrett excluded).

6 hours ago, Radiohead said:

Watching Blount in the SB for NE, although the Falcon's D did a nice job containing him for the most part, did show me how badly this team does need a bruiser type 3rd String RB.

Especially when TeCo went down, oh man, I'm so nervous about that injury.

I don't want Lacey though. Would be easy enough to spend a 4th or 5th on a bigger chunk yardage north/south RB in the draft.

On the drive when Atlanta was at the 22 after the circus catch by Julio...I know Mack was hurting but would it have been crazy talk to have your FB smash in there for two plays in a row between the tackles for a couple yards while using Freeman as a decoy in the eye? I think its DeMarco?

3 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Best player will always win the position man. You could make that same case for many backups. There's not a coach in the league that won't start the best player on the depth chart (Jason Garrett excluded).

we'll see what happens next year man...talk about it then...

Edited by sanfranfalcon
7 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Agree. The rb point the OP raised is interesting because each OC has their type of back. I haven't completely researched it but here are some notables in a Sarkisan offense:

Reggie Bush 6'0" 205 (kinda TECO size)

Chauncey Washington 5'11" 222

Joe McKnight 5'11" 205

Stafon Johnson 5'11" 215 (Paired with McKnight)

Curtis McNeal 5'7" 201 (Freeman size)

Mark Tyler 5'11" 226 (paired with McNeal)

Chris Polk 5'11" 222

Bishop Sankey 5'10" 210

Javorius Allen 6'0" 222

ill leave out bama's backs since he was OC for a game lol

He has a track record of using multiple backs very well. One could argue he likes a big back and a fast scat back, but who knows

Lendale White?

1 minute ago, etherdome said:

I disagree.  We need better OL's and a lot more depth along the OL.  

just being a fan of the game it was a thing of beauty blocking the perimeter and letting your RB cut around and gash the Pats D....especially early in the game...that just doesn't happen to them and I watch almost all of their games being from Connecticut. Awesome execution. 

7 hours ago, etherdome said:

The negative yardage were caused by the OL, not the RB.  The right side of the line was hobbled going into the game.  Schraeder had a lingering knee ligament strain that finally tore in the game.  Mack has his issue and Chester was basically trying to hold the fort.  

We need to improve the RG position and find decent depth along the entire OL.

THIS. My caveat is if bruiser then J Anderson or Gerald Riggs, both with 3rd gears and Jamal had soft hands. Sark believes in RUN much more than Shannahan so maybe a bruiser is appropriate. It's the WCO so he needs sticky hands.

16 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Freeman & Coleman are the best when they are on field. No changes needed. Thats what got us in S.B & 14 points.

21 points you mean? Or to get up 14-0? The 3rd Q TD used them, too.

For some reason, we didn't have protection schemes needed to adjust if we were still going to pass the ball. Ryan was WAAAAY more comfortable throwing to Free and TeCo than Hooper. Hooper did fine, but he isn't elusive as an underneath / outlet option for Ryan as our RBs.

The fact is, we went to a gameplan that featured Hooper as the other guy for Ryan for too long when Pats were forcing us to adjust. That's why Hooper became our most targeted receiver vs their SINGULAR receiving back.

14 RB catches to 3 for our RB. If you showed me that line alone after the game, I'd have a bad feeling before seeing the score.

We just kept trying to set up and protect Matt with RB pickups and not enough TE blocking usage.

Run the ball more than they did, yes. If you want to pass you need to be smarter than calling shotgun with a 2-3 score lead.

Then to STILL call shotgun with only a 1 score lead at 4 minutes to go well within Bryant's FG range? Inexcusable..

Everyone needs to chill out. We need a better OL performance than we got in the 2nd half and DL picks to get have a shot to come back to the Super Bowl WAAAAY before we make RB changes.

Our play makers were good enough for 7th best scoring offense in history. Our protection BROKE DOWN. No RB is gonna run through all out run lane blitzes when they KNOW you want to run it. Shanahan got cute and wanted Ryan to shotgun look for passing still in the face of all of that. You wonder, if Matt forces one of those throws for a pick 6 and the fumble wasn't conveniently not his fault how many more ignorant people would be saying it was HIS fault more than the coaches.

COACHES ARE TO BLAME. Players did what they could and coaches let them try to play into Belichick's hands.

New England was the more physical and disciplined team in general. Our defense was worn. Their offense was a machine by that point in the game. We left too much time on the clock and then didn't win the game with the FG anyway by not wanting the dirty yards in favor of more time ran off.

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You honestly believe that?

Yes because those are the actual facts.  The woman and her friends called him racist names and she hit him first.  Should he have just walked away? sure.  But if we as a nation are gonna blackball the guy from a particular job for this incident then the woman should suffer similiar consequences in her career choice.  Otherwise you are discriminating against the guy for reacting poorly to a situation that he didn't even start.