Steve Sarkisian as new OC

hjerry

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Dude took a 0-12 Washington huskies team and turned the program around... dude recruited the likes of Trufant and peters and turned bishop shankey into a top rb... BISHOP SHANKEY

I've been curious ever since the announcement if, if Sankey becomes available again, if we'll bring him in.

I've always wondered if he'd be better in a ZBS.

8 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Dude took a 0-12 Washington huskies team and turned the program around... dude recruited the likes of Trufant and peters and turned bishop shankey into a top rb... BISHOP SHANKEY

2009 Washington 5–7 4–5 7th      
2010 Washington 7–6 5–4 T–3rd W Holiday    
2011 Washington 7–6 5–4 3rd (North) L Alamo    
2012 Washington 7–6 5–4 4th (North) L Maaco    
2013 Washington 8–4 5–4 3rd (North) Fight Hunger Bowl*    
Washington: 34–29

okay, if that's what you called "turned around". 

Petersen is what I would call a "turn around"

2014 Washington 8–6 4–5 3rd (North) L Cactus    
2015 Washington 7–6 4–5 4th (North) W Heart of Dallas    
2016 Washington 12–2 8–1 1st (North) L Peach 4 4
Washington: 27–14 16–11

38 minutes ago, Splash said:

really exciting, 46-35 record as a head coach :(

The list of great coordinators who couldn't hack it as head coaches is too long to write. Not going to hold his head coaching record against him anymore than I would hold it against **** LeBeau, Norv Turner or Buddy Ryan in hiring for a coordinator role. Given his game management skills, I think Shanahan is likely to suffer a similar fate. Just because you can draw up a game plan, it doesn't mean that you can manage players and other coaches.  

Edited by HouTXFalcon

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

I think it more comes down to his lack of experience at the Pro level.

On paper, it makes perfect sense, and has the potential to be great hire, but we just don't know, b/c we've never seen it in action.

It's an example of possibility and probability vs reality. Until he puts something real on the field, we simply have nothing concrete to reassure us here, only speculation grounded in similar past evidences.

He'll do more than fine. Has a lot more real game coaching experience than McDaniels or LeFleur ever had...

an article on NFLcom indicated he was a friend of Pete Carroll, and we know the Quinn connection with Carroll.  Also, Nick Saban is the best coach in college history in my opinion and the most demanding.   I don't know much about our new OC coordinator, but I trust Quinn, I think Carroll is a great coach and Saban would not have brought him in if he did not trust the man.

4 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I love the hire for a multitude of reasons not the least if which that he's going to keep the same system while putting his own spin on it which is key to keeping this thing rolling.

The NFL has had 19 games to look at this offense. Whoever the guy was going to be was going to have to make tweaks here and there to keep it ahead of the curve. Now we get a guy who is a dynamic playcaller in his own right that's going to do just that... come in with fresh eyes.

He has a brilliant football mind, On par with Shanny. Won't ever need to worry about keeping WCO offense ahead of defensive coordinator adjustments. 

Same offense but with a fresh perspective.

I'm pumped about this hire for many different reasons, our team needed some new blood rather than a Shanny clone IMO. 

40 minutes ago, Splash said:
2009 Washington 5–7 4–5 7th      
2010 Washington 7–6 5–4 T–3rd W Holiday    
2011 Washington 7–6 5–4 3rd (North) L Alamo    
2012 Washington 7–6 5–4 4th (North) L Maaco    
2013 Washington 8–4 5–4 3rd (North) Fight Hunger Bowl*    
Washington: 34–29

okay, if that's what you called "turned around". 

Petersen is what I would call a "turn around"

2014 Washington 8–6 4–5 3rd (North) L Cactus    
2015 Washington 7–6 4–5 4th (North) W Heart of Dallas    
2016 Washington 12–2 8–1 1st (North) L Peach 4 4
Washington: 27–14 16–11

How do you figure Peterson created more of a turn around? From 0-4 wins a year to a consistent 7-8 wins a year is more value added than Peterson having the same 7-8 win total his first 2 years and one good season of 12 wins this past year. Now if Washington has 11-12 wins again the next two year your argument might stand.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Although I will say that the Clemson/Alabama game doesn't leave me with warm fuzzies.

Clemson had a great defense and he was calling his first game after watching all year. He will be fine and maybe add a power back for the 3rd and shorts.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Although I will say that the Clemson/Alabama game doesn't leave me with warm fuzzies.

Alabama's offense has never been relatively speaking complex but they were especially stripped down this year with a true freshman quarterback who you could tell they were afraid to have throw the ball. Some of the passing game looked like straight high school stuff to me. It was a lot of "if the first read ain't there then take off" kind of stuff.

10 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He took over on short notice for Kiffen (who left abruptly). As an OC you have to know your players ina me out, you also have to know how relay information to them. He didn't have enough time to form the bond he needed to be able to do that.