Realistically, where do you see this team next year?

tl;dr

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Fun fact: every loss we had to you the past 3 games, someone of importance was out (i.e. Stewart; had no rb that could block behind him/run as well, and Luke Kuechly; not enough diagnosis on those runningbacks).

Not to mention our o-line being unhealthy. Especially without Kalil (effectively like you guys losing Mack). 

I can assure you you ain't winning another two games in a row against us. We got Kalil back, Luke, Oher (possibly), likely a stud in our 8th pick (Jamal Adams, Fournette come to mind), Bradberry (PFF's best rated rookie corner), and a lot more weapons to pass around.

Here's a fun fact we beat you last season without a center, we also beat you this yr without Desmond Trufant in game 2. Don't act like you stood a chance in the first game of the season this yr with Stewart in the game or not. 

16=0 regular season , we open up with a convincing 75-0  win in Foxboro , and the heat continues, following a 163-0 beating of New Orleans in N.O ,the commish and Donald trump , declare that the falcons can only have 10 players on the feild at once to make the game competitive, in the last game of the year our backup QB in a mop up roll stumbles and falls in the endzone ala Russell Wilson and thats the first 2 pts scored on us all season. there are no playoffs or SuperBowl , all teams are scared of playing us , and Scientist have discovered and confirmed that julio is from Krypton  and they argue his eligibility and that Keanu is actually Mel Blount  incarnated ,   Shanny begs to come back to Atlanta after a 0-16 season, after all his players refuse to stand for anthem then in an unprecedented move  refuse to even play in game, all retire at once .  New England goes 0-16 as well including a 2-0 drubbing by Cleveland who makes the playoffs at 6=10  Brady retires after the Atlanta game , and danny amendola gets  fined and suspended for a illegal sticky substance is found all over his body while trying to hand the ball to the referee,     Gonna be a great year, heads uP  , Falcons forever !!!

20 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Fun fact: every loss we had to you the past 3 games, someone of importance was out (i.e. Stewart; had no rb that could block behind him/run as well, and Luke Kuechly; not enough diagnosis on those runningbacks).

Not to mention our o-line being unhealthy. Especially without Kalil (effectively like you guys losing Mack). 

I can assure you you ain't winning another two games in a row against us. We got Kalil back, Luke, Oher (possibly), likely a stud in our 8th pick (Jamal Adams, Fournette come to mind), Bradberry (PFF's best rated rookie corner), and a lot more weapons to pass around.

yeah but you still have crybaby cam at QB, so there's that......

:ninja::tiphat::lol:

never too early to smack talk a panthers fan, even if you are a pretty good dude   :D

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

You are always so positive. Hopefully it's contagious lol

Well it's better than slitting my wrists at the thought of watching the 4th qtr of that game ever again lol. I'd rather be optimistic than pessimistic. I think Quinn will get it dialed in. We've got a young very talented D that's gonna be off the charts next season. We got an offense that's gonna avg at least 30 a game again 

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

15-1? At least you say that's unlikely. The Falcons are also one of the most deadly teams in the league when healthy too. I don't think Cam will return to 2015 form. Plus I also think the Falcons OL will be better. Bradberry is a good CB, but he isn't good enough to shut down some of the Falcons guys. The Panthers will more than likely be better next year. I just don't think they will be better than the Falcons.

15-1 is a stretch, but it has happened before. I think this schedule is gonna be easy for the both of us.

Panthers will have a better defense. Already ranked the 3rd best front seven in the league. Our secondary is constantly improving, and we could easily acquire a guy like Jamal Adams to keep pace with your offense. Even so, we could acquire a SS from FA like Cyprien and be great in the backfield. Worley has really looked the part lately, and made some nice plays.

Bradberry is improving at an insanely fast pace. His name will be known soon. He nearly shut down Evans and only let him get 1 TD after Winston scrambled and saved like 15 seconds. He also shut down Julio to 1/3 catches one on one for 5 yards; shut down 2 long plays.

Our O-line will easily be better than our 2016 o-line. Kalil back is huge. We already have one of the best interiors in the league with Kalil, Norwell, and Turner, and Daryl Williams was once considered a surprise top tackle coming in prior to his injury by PFF. Oher may be our only weak point, and we'll likely get depth behind him.

Cam may not be 2015 form, but he'll be awfully close. He won't be hit or sore as much, and he'll easily be able to have a better season than his worst statistical season by far.

Now, the draft could also bring us Fournette. Imagine having the options of Stewart, Cam, Fournette, and heck I'll add fatboy Tolbert to the mix. Our run game instantly improves, and we'll have a nasty power ground attack. Not to mention our run blocking behind Stewart.

We could gain a solid DE as well, and round out with packages of KK/CJ, Butler/KK, Lotulelei, and solid DE/Addison. Did I also mention we finally have Luke back healthy?

I may be an optimist, but so were you guys. I can see an insanely good roster if we stay healthy. Oher getting injured in between the 49ers and Vikings game is what really slowed us down.

We may have one of our best rosters yet.

25 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Your problem this year was a terrible secondary and Cam taking a huge step back. Injuries impact every team 

33 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I could be in the minority, but I'm already sick of seeing everything on social media about the Patriots. The Falcons, Warriors, Indians, and Alabama are all in a special group right now...

But next year, I think this team COULD get back to the Super Bowl. Not saying they will, but it's a possibility. 

HOME: I'll say 7-1
vs. New Orleans: W
vs. Tampa: W
vs. Carolina: W
vs. Minnesota: W. They will be better, but if you can score 28 on them, you win.
vs. Green Bay: W. Beat them twice this year and pretty much shut them down offensively the last 6 quarters.
vs. Buffalo: W
vs. Miami: L. This game screams one of those dumb Falcon-esque games. 
vs. Dallas: W. Improve the DL, and this one won't be close IMO.

Away: I'll say 5-3.
at New Orleans: W. They are awful
at Tampa: L 
at Carolina: W. Tricky game, but DQ has had a great plan for them the past 3 meetings
at Chicago: W
at Detroit: W. This one could be tricky.
at New England: L. Look at their home schedule. We will be opening in NE. 
at New York Jets: W
at Seattle: L 

Okay if you actually read all of that, props to you. I'm one of many "next season" threads, but I would much rather hear about next season than whatever that was last night. I think 12-4 is very doable. We are going to be good, and could easily win every game we play (I'll save you some time though, we are not going 16-0. At best we will go 13-3 IMO).But next year's team could also finish something stupid like 8-8. 

That's too bad. Not sure anything less than that will make up for this loss.

9 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Here's a fun fact we beat you last season without a center, we also beat you this yr without Desmond Trufant in game 2. Don't act like you stood a chance in the first game of the season this yr with Stewart in the game or not. 

Ah we most definitely would've, and could've stood a chance with Stewart in. I think we had one of our lowest rushing totals in the 2015 season that game.

The first game of the season, well Remmers tried out LT for the first time ever. I can assure you Freeney had a free-for-all. Not to mention we still had Bene in against Julio, and Bradberry got injured early.

19 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I can do this all day

5acfc91d7ab71354ca181a2eb0b2e64d.jpg

What a blow hard that goose is... I wouldnt give two ****s if a LB decapitated Cam, the worlds collective IQ would raise by 10 points imo

Edited by D#x3

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

15-1 is a stretch, but it has happened before. I think this schedule is gonna be easy for the both of us.

Panthers will have a better defense. Already ranked the 3rd best front seven in the league. Our secondary is constantly improving, and we could easily acquire a guy like Jamal Adams to keep pace with your offense. Even so, we could acquire a SS from FA like Cyprien and be great in the backfield. Worley has really looked the part lately, and made some nice plays.

Bradberry is improving at an insanely fast pace. His name will be known soon. He nearly shut down Evans and only let him get 1 TD after Winston scrambled and saved like 15 seconds. He also shut down Julio to 1/3 catches one on one for 5 yards; shut down 2 long plays.

Our O-line will easily be better than our 2016 o-line. Kalil back is huge. We already have one of the best interiors in the league with Kalil, Norwell, and Turner, and Daryl Williams was once considered a surprise top tackle coming in prior to his injury by PFF. Oher may be our only weak point, and we'll likely get depth behind him.

Cam may not be 2015 form, but he'll be awfully close. He won't be hit or sore as much, and he'll easily be able to have a better season than his worst statistical season by far.

Now, the draft could also bring us Fournette. Imagine having the options of Stewart, Cam, Fournette, and heck I'll add fatboy Tolbert to the mix. Our run game instantly improves, and we'll have a nasty power ground attack. Not to mention our run blocking behind Stewart.

We could gain a solid DE as well, and round out with packages of KK/CJ, Butler/KK, Lotulelei, and solid DE/Addison. Did I also mention we finally have Luke back healthy?

I may be an optimist, but so were you guys. I can see an insanely good roster if we stay healthy. Oher getting injured in between the 49ers and Vikings game is what really slowed us down.

We may have one of our best rosters yet.

That was also Julio's first game back from an injury to be fair. I think you are forgetting how good Julio is lol. Bradberry may be good, but if Sherman, Peterson, and Butler can't cover him, I don't think Bradberry can. The Panthers DL is solid, but if the Falcons OL improves (they likely will), I don't see it being much different from this year.

Now you are spot on with Carolina's OL. They will be a much better unit. But I do think the Falcons DL will be better too (Shelby and Clayborn will be back and then a FA will probably be added). If Cam plays better this year (he will), that offense will be much better. 

But a Falcons sweep should not be absolutely stunning. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

That was also Julio's first game back from an injury to be fair. I think you are forgetting how good Julio is lol. Bradberry may be good, but if Sherman, Peterson, and Butler can't cover him, I don't think Bradberry can. The Panthers DL is solid, but if the Falcons OL improves (they likely will), I don't see it being much different from this year.

Now you are spot on with Carolina's OL. They will be a much better unit. But I do think the Falcons DL will be better too (Shelby and Clayborn will be back and then a FA will probably be added). If Cam plays better this year (he will), that offense will be much better. 

But a Falcons sweep should not be absolutely stunning. 

Just goes to show you how competitive our franchises will be the next few seasons.

I certainly don't have much to say against this. Pretty spot on, though I'm highly optimistic about Bradberry. I feel he's going to be special real soon.

Just now, SamMills51 said:

Just goes to show you how competitive our franchises will be the next few seasons.

I certainly don't have much to say against this. Pretty spot on, though I'm highly optimistic about Bradberry. I feel he's going to be special real soon.

Bradberry is going to be special. He did have a good year. I'm just not sure there is anyone out there who can cover Julio. 

I think Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa could all contend for the playoffs next year. Would not shock me to see 3 NFC South teams get in. The Saints are the only team in the NFC South that has no chance. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

Bradberry is going to be special. He did have a good year. I'm just not sure there is anyone out there who can cover Julio. 

I think Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa could all contend for the playoffs next year. Would not shock me to see 3 NFC South teams get in. The Saints are the only team in the NFC South that has no chance. 

Exactly my perception. Julio is good, and I know Bradberry probably won't have that luck again.

Bucs honestly could break out at any moment. It's a matter of time before we're considered the best division in football.