Realistically, where do you see this team next year?

I could be in the minority, but I'm already sick of seeing everything on social media about the Patriots. The Falcons, Warriors, Indians, and Alabama are all in a special group right now...

But next year, I think this team COULD get back to the Super Bowl. Not saying they will, but it's a possibility. 

HOME: I'll say 7-1
vs. New Orleans: W
vs. Tampa: W
vs. Carolina: W
vs. Minnesota: W. They will be better, but if you can score 28 on them, you win.
vs. Green Bay: W. Beat them twice this year and pretty much shut them down offensively the last 6 quarters.
vs. Buffalo: W
vs. Miami: L. This game screams one of those dumb Falcon-esque games. 
vs. Dallas: W. Improve the DL, and this one won't be close IMO.

Away: I'll say 5-3.
at New Orleans: W. They are awful
at Tampa: L 
at Carolina: W. Tricky game, but DQ has had a great plan for them the past 3 meetings
at Chicago: W
at Detroit: W. This one could be tricky.
at New England: L. Look at their home schedule. We will be opening in NE. 
at New York Jets: W
at Seattle: L 

Okay if you actually read all of that, props to you. I'm one of many "next season" threads, but I would much rather hear about next season than whatever that was last night. I think 12-4 is very doable. We are going to be good, and could easily win every game we play (I'll save you some time though, we are not going 16-0. At best we will go 13-3 IMO).But next year's team could also finish something stupid like 8-8. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

We open the season in New England, start 0-1, draft top 15....Saints win the Super Bowl.

You could've at least chosen a more realistic team we'd hate to win the SuperBowl, like the Panthers, the Cowboys, the Seahawks, heck, even the Bucs. The Saints will be lucky to have a winning season, let alone win in the playoffs.

I actually see us winning in NE as a huge upset, then losing the next game in another big upset. 12-4 on the year, another deep run in the playoffs. But hey who the heck really knows

Fun fact: every loss we had to you the past 3 games, someone of importance was out (i.e. Stewart; had no rb that could block behind him/run as well, and Luke Kuechly; not enough diagnosis on those runningbacks).

Not to mention our o-line being unhealthy. Especially without Kalil (effectively like you guys losing Mack). 

I can assure you you ain't winning another two games in a row against us. We got Kalil back, Luke, Oher (possibly), likely a stud in our 8th pick (Jamal Adams, Fournette come to mind), Bradberry (PFF's best rated rookie corner), and a lot more weapons to pass around.

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

I just realized we'll be open the season in NE... suddenly I'm very excited about next season.

If that happens, I can assure you that would arguably one of the worst things the NFL could do to you.

Panthers opened up against the Broncos and Gano couldn't kick a field goal. That set the tone for our 6-10 season. Players do not get over stuff like that easily.

On the other hand, winning will boost your team's esteem quite well. But revenge would probably be best if it were down the road rather than the season tone definer.

13 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I could be in the minority, but I'm already sick of seeing everything on social media about the Patriots. The Falcons, Warriors, Indians, and Alabama are all in a special group right now...

But next year, I think this team COULD get back to the Super Bowl. Not saying they will, but it's a possibility. 

HOME: I'll say 7-1
vs. New Orleans: W
vs. Tampa: W
vs. Carolina: W
vs. Minnesota: W. They will be better, but if you can score 28 on them, you win.
vs. Green Bay: W. Beat them twice this year and pretty much shut them down offensively the last 6 quarters.
vs. Buffalo: W
vs. Miami: L. This game screams one of those dumb Falcon-esque games. 
vs. Dallas: W. Improve the DL, and this one won't be close IMO.

Away: I'll say 5-3.
at New Orleans: W. They are awful
at Tampa: L 
at Carolina: W. Tricky game, but DQ has had a great plan for them the past 3 meetings
at Chicago: W
at Detroit: W. This one could be tricky.
at New England: L. Look at their home schedule. We will be opening in NE. 
at New York Jets: W
at Seattle: L 

Okay if you actually read all of that, props to you. I'm one of many "next season" threads, but I would much rather hear about next season than whatever that was last night. I think 12-4 is very doable. We are going to be good, and could easily win every game we play (I'll save you some time though, we are not going 16-0. At best we will go 13-3 IMO).But next year's team could also finish something stupid like 8-8. 

what you smoking? 6-10 at best

If you wanna know what I think the Panthers could get, they can easily attain 13-3. I'd say we could lose once to you guys, the Patriots, and the Bills with McDermott at the helm.

15-1 season is also a possibility for us looking at the schedule (unlikely though). If we stay healthy and we draft well (specifically, get a TE and RB imho to bolster our offense, SS/DE for defense/depth) we arguably have one of the most complete rosters and deadly teams in the NFL. 

I'll remind everyone again we went to the superbowl with Oher and Remmers. Daryl Williams is miles better than Remmers, and will likely be the starter next year. He's the dude who shut down Vic Beasley twice this season.

Don't you count out the Panthers yet.

1 minute ago, Quest said:

I'm feeling WC spot... I anticipate us to be like what Detroit was this season... 

Maybe... But we have so much more talent that Detroit. Add Trufant, Clayborne, and Shelby coming back, and I think this D could be a top 10 unit in the league. 

3 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

If you wanna know what I think the Panthers could get, they can easily attain 13-3. I'd say we could lose once to you guys, the Patriots, and the Bills with McDermott at the helm.

15-1 season is also a possibility for us looking at the schedule (unlikely though). If we stay healthy and we draft well (specifically, get a TE and RB imho to bolster our offense, SS/DE for defense/depth) we arguably have one of the most complete rosters and deadly teams in the NFL. 

I'll remind everyone again we went to the superbowl with Oher and Remmers. Daryl Williams is miles better than Remmers, and will likely be the starter next year. He's the dude who shut down Vic Beasley twice this season.

15-1? At least you say that's unlikely. The Falcons are also one of the most deadly teams in the league when healthy too. I don't think Cam will return to 2015 form. Plus I also think the Falcons OL will be better. Bradberry is a good CB, but he isn't good enough to shut down some of the Falcons guys. The Panthers will more than likely be better next year. I just don't think they will be better than the Falcons.

7 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Honestly, just please sweep the Saints. $!#$#@! those guys