BROTHERHOOD!!!! Well... until it's time to get paid

BROTHERHOOD!!!! Well... until it's time to get paid.

I am very interested in seeing how real the "Brotherhood" is. It's great coach speak but how much do players really want to stay here and play for their brothers? 

I am not around the team and am just a fan that now lives in Cali but I am concerned that this loss will crush this team and the players will be only about doing what's best for them financially versus possibly taking less to stay on a team they "love". The first person that comes to mind is Freeeman... time will tell.

3 minutes ago, ghoticov said:

BROTHERHOOD!!!! Well... until it's time to get paid.

I am very interested in seeing how real the "Brotherhood" is. It's great coach speak but how much do players really want to stay here and play for their brothers? 

I am not around the team and am just a fan that now lives in Cali but I am concerned that this loss will crush this team and the players will be only about doing what's best for them financially versus possibly taking less to stay on a team they "love". The first person that comes to mind is Freeeman... time will tell.

Freeman has about 3 good years left. Let him hit the free agency market 

3 minutes ago, thomass said:

I don't get giving Matt more money when he's under contract.  I would hope Matt would allow that money to be spent on roster improvements or the resigning of key personnel. 

Well with an extension they can rework it to create more cap space. That would be a reason to do it. 

4 minutes ago, thomass said:

I don't get giving Matt more money when he's under contract.  I would hope Matt would allow that money to be spent on roster improvements or the resigning of key personnel. 

I agree. Look at what Brady is making... he "took one for the good of the team".

Guys deserve to get paid.  I will never begrudge a guy that plays in the NFL for getting that money when they can.  The risks they're taking and the brief window that you have to make money that is largely not guaranteed.  The thought that they should take a pay cut for the team doesn't make much sense to me.

I worry less about guys seeking and finding bigger paydays and more about the ability to bounce back from this.  It's easy to say "We'll be back" but history says the odds are against that.  Making it to the SB is an incredible achievement and that's why blowing a 19 point lead in the 4th is an epic d*** punch.

Just now, slamee101 said:

Guys deserve to get paid.  I will never begrudge a guy that plays in the NFL for getting that money when they can.  The risks they're taking and the brief window that you have to make money that is largely not guaranteed.  The thought that they should take a pay cut for the team doesn't make much sense to me.

I worry less about guys seeking and finding bigger paydays and more about the ability to bounce back from this.  It's easy to say "We'll be back" but history says the odds are against that.  Making it to the SB is an incredible achievement and that's why blowing a 19 point lead in the 4th is an epic d*** punch.

Freeman does not deserve to get paid as a top back in the league... period. And that's exactly what he wants.

Just now, slamee101 said:

Tell that to Bellicheck 

Just now, ghoticov said:

Freeman does not deserve to get paid as a top back in the league... period. And that's exactly what he wants.

That's what every back wants.  His agent was silly for speaking on it but every back wants to get paid.  He'll get some decent offers but I doubt it will be ridiculous and ultimately he'll likely be back.

I think Trufant will be back to and now maybe people will stop claiming we don't need him.

Honestly I think we're 2-3 years away from really worrying about having to re-sign the key guys like Beasley, Grady, Free/Tevin, Deion, Keanu, etc.

15 minutes ago, thomass said:

I don't understand it either. For god sakes he has made like what 190 million now? Hopefully he takes a team friendly deal to improve the roster. 

14 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

It's easy to say "We'll be back" but history says the odds are against that.  Making it to the SB is an incredible achievement and that's why blowing a 19 point lead in the 4th is an epic d*** punch.

Yep, unfortunately that may have been our shot. Weird to blow it against the top QB/HC combo ever. It's one thing if the game was close but blowing a 28-3 lead is weird, like only an Atlanta Falcons thing

Don't we hold the record for biggest playoff collapse in NFCCG history? Now super bowl history as well lol. Such Falcons 

Every player wants to get paid. Freeman is a 2x Pro-bowler. He has a good line, but he also is a playmaker. Some of you all are getting too caught up in his agent rubbing you the wrong way (even though she was dumb as **** for what she did) and the one missed block. If he is so replaceable then don't say anything when we let him walk and struggle in the running game moving forward. You don't just let proven talent walk for potential in another player when you are already just a few pieces away from being a complete team.