Where's The Worst Place To Be After A Falcons Loss

Guest ARealFalconFan
1 hour ago, JG2008 said:

Where's The Worst Place To Be After A Falcons Loss......

By a TV re-watching it on your DVR like a freakishly bad car accident you know you shouldn't look at but for some reason you can't look away from

It's not the WORST place for me, It is the BEST place. And you said LOSS. You define LOSS as though it all has to do with winning or losing so easily. Winning for me is another second spent with my family and being a Falcons fan having them simply being alive and healthy and around to share in the moment means everything.

Falcons loss? Nah, Falcons WIN! At least for me, great season and promising future. Hurts to not win the game, but I am thankful that God allowed those moments, how you handle the situation is up to you. If a sport defines your life, or means so much to you that you can't stop for a second to realize how much those around you that care mean to you, then perhaps you need to stop watching that sport and learn what real loss means rather than categorizing loss as a poll to others where games go.

No offense, but I am just saying, this is a ridiculous question. Twisted actually. Falcons loss? What does that mean in the real scope of things? Nothing the day before or the day after.

In my current state of health, I don't know if I will be here come next playoffs. So is this a loss? Yeah, it's a loss where I would like my entertainer win, but is it a real loss? No, it's not.

You asked, I replied, so I guess I will hear a bunch of ranting comments. That's okay, I've never been one to be bothered by the meaningless things in life.

Whatever happened to the old saying : "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game", Oh wait a minute, nevermind. Nobody cares about that kind of stuff anymore, they just want their team to win so they can throw off on others. Not me, I wanted the Falcons to win for the team.

Edited by ARealFalconFan
27 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I work in Washington, DC. Most guys are either a fan of an NFC East team or the Ravens, and most were rooting for us to win. They all consoled me and it actually helped to get over this since they shared in my frustration and general thought process as the game progressed.

I'm still recovering, but it definitely helped.

Same here in Louisville. I work with a bunch of Steelers fans that wanted Pats to lose.

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Aw. I'm sorry. I'll be ok in a few days. I really will. Won't be over this one until we get that Lombardi, but it only hurts this acutely the first few days.

But **** if it isn't utterly miserable right now.

The Pats parade marches right by tomorrow.

Sigh.

I've stayed away from social media today only place I've been is here..just saw the replays on world news tonight and them talking about brady..made me ****ing sick.

3 hours ago, SN4ttERboXxer said:

The only hats I own are Falcons hats. I'll wore it today and I'll wear it tomorrow.

Wore my falcon beanie in to the office and my Falcons jacket to the gym. Too bad I was walking in to work with an idiot Pats fan.....he was very respectful but either way he's a Pats fan.

The whole point of coming here, for me anyway, is to cope with the loss without hearing the outside noise from the Sports world. Then, people get the bright idea to post the articles here with the title so I end up reading the very headlines that I'm trying to avoid.....sorry venting in this thread so I'm not bumping the ones that I'm trying to avoid.

1 hour ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I work in Washington, DC. Most guys are either a fan of an NFC East team or the Ravens, and most were rooting for us to win. They all consoled me and it actually helped to get over this since they shared in my frustration and general thought process as the game progressed.

I'm still recovering, but it definitely helped.

I work in DC too and I was surprised by the genuine sympathy. I thought it was strange and as much as I hate the sports in this town, you're right none of them wanted the pats to win so it was definitely helpful to be able to share that pain even if they aren't 'true' fans of atlanta.

Honestly our lives are pretty out of balance when this becomes more than just a game.

I can say it because it does get that way for me.  Violent outbursts, swearing at god, despair setting in and the feeling of life's not fair.

I used to be worse I used to be one of those fans in chat that wouls bitch and moan and swear it's over after one string of bad drives or losses.

I'm over that now and find it annoying when people do it now.

Homer said it best in the Odyssey, "in all things balance is better"

It's okay to be passionate and love something but a game should never define who you are.  I am sad we lost and it hurts badly, but in the end it should never ruin my life or my fandom.

Just try to be more balanced guys

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

TATF. Everything here is misrable.

The boards are overrun atm with "fans" who almost never, or just flat out never, posted when the team was doing well, but one loss, and they're here to tell everyone "I told you so" and "I'm done"

With most of these, I'm not really sure that "done" can be technically correct, as I'm not sure how many of them ever actually began