My letter to Matt Ryan

coastiemike

Ryan posted the following on his Facebook page:

We came up short last night and my heart hurts for you Atlanta. Hats off to New England they played a heck of a game. We will adapt, we will over come, we will #RiseUp again.

I'm not ashamed of being a Falcons fan. I wear that badge proudly, regardless of what happened last night.  Here is my reply to the halve Facebook post, and I post it here for all to see:

I've been a fan and rooted for this team for 47 years.  My family and I were season ticket holders for years until work moved us out of state. My daughter was born on May 17, the same birthday as Matt Ryan.  Her first game she ever attended was Ryan's first game at QB for Atlanta.  Last night, even though my son is stationed overseas on active duty USMC, we Facetimed and text message back and forth the entire game.  Our family eats, breathes, and sleeps Falcons football.

Last night was the most difficult I've ever had as a fan. Yes, more difficult than 1980, 1998, 2004, and 2012.  Yes, last night was more hurtful than Vick or Petrino or the day we let Sanders walk away.  No, I'm not giving up my fandom, or hope and love for this team.

What I want...what I need...is for you, Matt Ryan, to take this team as their leader, pull them from the depths of the abyss they currently find themselves, and make sure they are ready for 2017 season.  If there is a Super Bowl Slump or a lack of passion, it is on you sir.  I have supported you through thick and thin, stood up for you even when haters spoke poorly of you. I hold you in high esteem as the leader and face of this franchise.  I expect nothing less than true leadership and guidance from you for every player and every coach on this team.  

I don't make demands or expectations for any petty reason, such as being hurt last night, even though it hurts like hell.  I have those demands and expectations because you helped bring this franchise out of the abyss of 2007 and made us all proud to be Falcons fans. You are our leader. To some, you are their hero or role model. I have every faith you can lead us to the promised land, sir.  Your sweeping of awards on Saturday night proved that.  

I look forward to supporting my Falcons as they prepare for 2017 with you at the helm.  Please don't disappoint those of us who still hold true to our Falcons allegiance.

#riseup #inbrotherhood

Dropping the Superbowl certainly puts into question his MVP imo

The other in contention? You guessed it, the QB that came back from a 25 point deficit in the championship game to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Tom Brady is the true MVP after that game and everybody knows it.

53 minutes ago, D#x3 said:

Dropping the Superbowl certainly puts into question his MVP imo

The other in contention? You guessed it, the QB that came back from a 25 point deficit in the championship game to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Tom Brady is the true MVP after that game and everybody knows it.

You are stating the obvious. Brady was named SB MVP. Matt Ryan was named season MVP on votes before the final game.... Soooooo, what is your point, Captain Obvious? 

Matt played a pretty good game, but bad playcalling cost him a ring. 

6 minutes ago, FalconsDK said:

You are stating the obvious. Brady was named SB MVP. Matt Ryan was named season MVP on votes before the final game.... Soooooo, what is your point, Captain Obvious? 

Matt had the chance to audible so its not all on playcalling.

Brady should of gotten both in the end. He missed 4 games and was still being talked up against Matt and then did what he did yesterday. Just takes the shine from Ryans MVP win imo

1 minute ago, D#x3 said:

Matt had the chance to audible so its not all on playcalling.

Brady should of gotten both in the end. He missed 4 games and was still being talked up against Matt and then did what he did yesterday. Just takes the shine from Ryans MVP win imo

Brady was suspended 4 games, and the team went 3-1 in his absence. Please stop talking about this. 

Brady plays in a joke of a divison, and it has been a joke for the better part of his 16 years in the division.

This season, Matt Ryan was the MVP, and deserved it. Unfortunately he didnt win the big dance(but actually played better overall than Tom did), and Tom gets the MVP of the Superbowl.

1 minute ago, ki46dinah said:

Brady was suspended 4 games, and the team went 3-1 in his absence. Please stop talking about this. 

Brady plays in a joke of a divison, and it has been a joke for the better part of his 16 years in the division.

This season, Matt Ryan was the MVP, and deserved it. Unfortunately he didnt win the big dance(but actually played better overall than Tom did), and Tom gets the MVP of the Superbowl.

I think Matt Ryan fully deserves his MVP. Sensational year.

The media and fans will take take the same stance as posted above imo and we will hear about it as the offseason progresses.

Just run the  RBs,a nd build that defense....and win with someone else's back-up QB like The Ravens... Might as well.. A QB Phenom won't show-upin apss-happy offense against The Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Packers, or Seahawks inbig games...

Expecting 3 big games from a very good Falcon QB in The Playoffs seems to be way too much to ask for--even with all of these "weapons".. 

Don't trust them next time... Just overload the defense, and go conservative on offense. Re-sign Trufant. Can add by subtracting...Keep him. Draft D-Line,a nd O-line talent and depth. Competition will make the ones here better...Standing-pat, and stagnant will lead to complacency and a re-build by 2019.

Draft a real DE/Leo...Beasley is too small...,and Quinn won't unitlize a true 3-4 ever....to suit his talents, and lack of size..

3 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

So jump the **** off and dont let the bandwagon hit you on the way out, 

And you people wonder why the media laughs at our fanbase.  Hell, I have the utmost respect for our fanbase, they remind me of the American people.  They just keep getting it worse and worse, year after year, and nobody ever does anything about it.  Well, I am doing something about it.  I refuse to watch this scripted nonsense they pass off as professional sports anymore.  I've been a fan of this team for decades, it just is not worth it anymore.

8 minutes ago, pr0d16y said:

And you people wonder why the media laughs at our fanbase.  Hell, I have the utmost respect for our fanbase, they remind me of the American people.  They just keep getting it worse and worse, year after year, and nobody ever does anything about it.  Well, I am doing something about it.  I refuse to watch this scripted nonsense they pass off as professional sports anymore.  I've been a fan of this team for decades, it just is not worth it anymore.

and yet here you are

4 minutes ago, pr0d16y said:

And so are you.  I'm sorry, did I not get an opinion on this?  Oh, it's you.  OK, you tell us your theory since you know everything.

You want to keep harping about how you're done and you're "not going to take it anymore" and yet here you still are.

You're not going anywhere. If you were "done" you wouldn't be on here non stop trying to convince us of such. You'd just leave.

You're the fan equivalent of the guy who says he's waiting for a new years resolution to loose weight.

7 minutes ago, pr0d16y said:

And so are you.  I'm sorry, did I not get an opinion on this?  Oh, it's you.  OK, you tell us your theory since you know everything.

Well...it is our messgae board....good bad or indifferent. I would think you'd want to celebrate with your fan base. Stomping on ours doesn't make you a better person.......does it? It supports the arrogant, cocky demeanor that is linked to your franchise. Acy diffeent...it might change that perception....keep acting like a child...and you'll be viewed as such.

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

You want to keep harping about how you're done and you're "not going to take it anymore" and yet here you still are.

You're not going anywhere. If you were "done" you wouldn't be on here non stop trying to convince us of such. You'd just leave.

You're the fan equivalent of the guy who says he's waiting for a new years resolution to loose weight.

No, I am just getting it all out before I have to speak to anyone in person.  The internet is nice for that.  Naturally, there is always the forum Nazi directing traffic, telling people how to think and what they should feel.  Reporting users to the mods is especially pleasing to that type.  Yeah, I know what you are.  So does everyone else.  Go find someone else to troll.  If you don't like people jumping off of buildings after games you sure picked a personally frustrating team to root for, dumb@ss.

Edited by pr0d16y

1 minute ago, Wardog357 said:

Well...it is our messgae board....good bad or indifferent. I would think you'd want to celebrate with your fan base. Stomping on ours doesn't make you a better person.......does it? It supports the arrogant, cocky demeanor that is linked to your franchise. Acy diffeent...it might change that perception....keep acting like a child...and you'll be viewed as such.

Weren't you leaving like 5 minutes ago?  This is too funny.  Now, go delete those threads and keep agreeing with your other account.  Maybe people will believe it and think I am the crazy person.  Maybe, just maybe, they will actually read what is being written and think about it.  How scary would that be?

4 minutes ago, pr0d16y said:

No, I am just getting it all out before I have to speak to anyone in person.  The internet is nice for that.  Naturally, there is always the forum Nazi directing traffic, telling people how to think and what they should feel.  Reporting users to the mods is especially pleasing to that type.  Yeah, I know what you are.  So does everyone else.  Go find someone else to troll.  If you don't like people jumping off of buildings after games you sure picked a personally frustrating team to root for, dumb@ss.

Sooo, basically you're not "done" and you're full of **** just like I said you were 

Got it

3 minutes ago, pr0d16y said:

Weren't you leaving like 5 minutes ago?  This is too funny.  Now, go delete those threads and keep agreeing with your other account.  Maybe people will believe it and think I am the crazy person.  Maybe, just maybe, they will actually read what is being written and think about it.  How scary would that be?

I think you are wrong......never said I was leaving. I did say I;m not sure if my heart can take these losses. But never said....good bye....I'm done and gone forever. I know your pizzed.....man I was in a funk....after the loss to Dallas when we should have won....the 1998 fiasco......not to mention Vick, Petrino and other sickening years. You have the right to be angry.......just don't hate everyone here for what none of us had anything at all to do with the loss. Differnet people deal with pain different ways.....don't hate thenm for dealing with it their way. That's all I'm saying. And yes...I'm positive I said some crazy ****e last night and maybe even this morning. I hate this......but I can't allow it to control my life....as much as I love the team....I love my family and friends more. Thye deserve better from me. Focus on what is really meaningful in your life.......this is a spectator sport that we have no influence on the outcome unless it's noise at the game. That's it. Take some time......or go to Pats message board and hate on them. LOL j/k maybe?

1 hour ago, pr0d16y said:

So jump !!!!

4 hours ago, FalconsDK said:

1 hour ago, Wardog357 said:

he's still pretending to be a Falcons fan , and showing his disgust, his Mom should show her disgust and kick him out , of the basement, get a gf, deliver more Pizzas, i dunno,  stop pretending