Jump to content

So Shanahan admitted ''I BLEW IT"


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, harveybirdman said:

They were playing looks in the first half NE hadn't seen, and struggled with then it felt to me like we to same base concepts that allowed Brady to pick us apart in the second half.

Actually Atlanta plays the same look down after down... single high.  And it's either cover-1 or cover-3.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the O couldn't stay on the field long enough to get a rhythm and frankly if KS had gone conservative and we lost we'd be ripping him for "taking the foot off the gas." 

It seems to me fans just want to blame somebody and Kyles an easy target...  I think the players execution and Dan Quinn's coaching is equally at fault.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys harping all over Shanahan, fr?

I would KILL just to hear Shula or Rivera actually say those words, instead of "missed opportunities, didn't execute well."

Shanahan proves why he's one of the league's best OCs by admitting mistakes. He knows he messed up, and admitted it.

You won't ever hear Shula utter those words ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, harveybirdman said:

Well the O couldn't stay on the field long enough to get a rhythm and frankly if KS had gone conservative and we lost we'd be ripping him for "taking the foot off the gas." 

It seems to me fans just want to blame somebody and Kyles an easy target...  I think the players execution and Dan Quinn's coaching is equally at fault.

It's a team game, so yeah, everyone shares in the fault somewhere.  But most NFL games come down to 1 or 2 plays here or there, that's why it's often so easy to point to one person or one playcall.

And I do agree with you that if they had gone conservative and still loss it would have been the same outrage, but man, Kyle is calling 5 step drops on 3rd and 1.  He's dialing up passing plays when a field goal would have iced the game.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and it's always a different deal when you're in the moment calling plays, but to know that if one playcall had been different we'd be celebrating a championship today... that hurts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

It's a team game, so yeah, everyone shares in the fault somewhere.  But most NFL games come down to 1 or 2 plays here or there, that's why it's often so easy to point to one person or one playcall.

And I do agree with you that if they had gone conservative and still loss it would have been the same outrage, but man, Kyle is calling 5 step drops on 3rd and 1.  He's dialing up passing plays when a field goal would have iced the game.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and it's always a different deal when you're in the moment calling plays, but to know that if one playcall had been different we'd be celebrating a championship today... that hurts.

I have a feeling a lot of players think this same thing and that's why it might be a faster recovery with Shanahan leaving. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yeah I got maybe 2 hours myself...

I didn't get even an hour.....no joke, every time i closed my eyes all I could think about and see was us being up 28 to 3,  the shock  of folks at halftime with how dominating we were, and the eventual collapse...and that's after not going to sleep for even a minute the night before. I'm so exhausted and I still don't know if I can go to sleep tonight...and to top it off I caught a bad saturday.  

We have been through some bad collapses before but this was, by light years, the worst one. Indeed this was the biggest and most epic fails in superbowl or playoff history. Im still in shock and despair that we couldn't get the job done with a 25 point lead with 17 minutes left. 

I don't know if I can get over this one...even if we start 12  and 0 next year, I won't have any legit hope to win the superbowl because I know that we will never...ever...have such a demanding lead and virtual lock to win like we did last night...and if we can't win in that situation I honestly don't think it's possible..no matter how good the regular season and playoffs go season.

 At this point, I'm seriously questioning if it's worth it anymore to be so emotionally invested in the falcons. For more than 30 years I have been rooting and giving this team all the emotions I can possibly give...and after last night I simply don't know if i can anymore. There are only so many times a team can fail and rip the heart out of the chest of their fans before saying enough is enough. 

I'm so worn out, depressed, angry, and frustrated that the falcons  don't just lose..they have to do it in spectacular fashion when everything is on the line. And to top it off you know the saints, bucs, and panther fans have been laughing their ass off non stop since. 

People tell me  it's just football but the emotions, depression, and despair is real...and  It's not just hyperbole to say that i really am thinking it might be time to say enough is enough...I'm so tired of feeling this way.

 

Edited by diehardfalconsfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so it was a poor choice to call for the pass (hindsight is always 20-20 when something doesn't work); however, Matt should be experienced enough to KNOW he cannot take a sack in that situation.  Should have thrown the ball away. Did people suddenly forget that Shanny was behind the best producing offense in the NFL....the same offense that earned Matt Ryan the MVP award?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

It's a team game, so yeah, everyone shares in the fault somewhere.  But most NFL games come down to 1 or 2 plays here or there, that's why it's often so easy to point to one person or one playcall.

And I do agree with you that if they had gone conservative and still loss it would have been the same outrage, but man, Kyle is calling 5 step drops on 3rd and 1.  He's dialing up passing plays when a field goal would have iced the game.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and it's always a different deal when you're in the moment calling plays, but to know that if one playcall had been different we'd be celebrating a championship today... that hurts.

He had a great year and like you said it's human nature for media/fans to look back after game is over and do our 20/20 'analysis' with hindsite.....but man, Shanny made it easy for everyone to second-guess him in this one.

Edited by Vandy
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NewFalcon said:

Ok so it was a poor choice to call for the pass (hindsight is always 20-20 when something doesn't work); however, Matt should be experienced enough to KNOW he cannot take a sack in that situation.  Should have thrown the ball away. Did people suddenly forget that Shanny was behind the best producing offense in the NFL....the same offense that earned Matt Ryan the MVP award?

 

That one's not on matt. He was blind-sided due to the play call and free missing the block.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...