am I the only one that

The Seahawks and Packers games had done SO much to erase the feeling that we'd blow a big play-off lead.

I truly believed the game was ours at halftime and was even more certain when we went up 28-3. (And the ugly, severe bruise on my hand should prove that. In fact, I'm not altogether sure I didn't break a bone celebrating.) 

I don't know how we let it go. A four possession lead in the third quarter of the Super Bowl. This will eventually stop aching like it does right now, but it will NEVER stop stinging.

16 minutes ago, Miller2Rison said:

When we went into the 4th qtr with a 28-9 lead said "I don't feel safe with this lead....It is the falcons" this team is like a bad girlfriend,u stay loyal to her but she continues to let u down.

I posted this morning that at 28-3 my wife wanted to chill the champagne.  I told her she was crazy, that this is the Falcons, and nothing is over until 0:00. 

No, you are not the only one.

I may get called a horrible fan for saying this, but I knew once the OT coin toss happened the game was over... I seen 3 pats come out for the coin toss and only Matt Ryan came out for it. I shut the TV off and layed in bed for an hour then checked my phone for the score...

1 minute ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

The Seahawks and Packers games had done SO much to erase the feeling that we'd blow a big play-off lead.

I truly believed the game was ours at halftime and was even more certain when we went up 28-3. (And the ugly, severe bruise on my hand should prove that. In fact, I'm not altogether sure I didn't break a bone celebrating.) 

I don't know how we let it go. A four possession lead in the third quarter of the Super Bowl. This will eventually stop aching like it does right now, but it will NEVER stop stinging.

Likewise.  After GB & Seattle I was starting to believe.  Didn't get nervous until 28-20 and even then I thought just give us 3.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh...

Just now, Bobby.Digital said:

Yep. I knew we were done after the Ryan fumble. You could just feel it.

Even then I still thought we would be ok. I still could not fathom that we would give the thing away.

And with that very nice pass to Free and the AMAZING pass and catch to Julio on the next drive (once the lead was cut to 28-20), I started celebrating again.

Because you just knew it would be 31-20 and even Brady couldn't recover from that.

Alas.

I told a friend of mine only last week  that I wouldn't feel safe with this organisation if we were 20pts up with 2 mins to play in the game because there is no limit to our ability to throw away impossible game winning situations. I have to say it, but nothing about last night surprises me. 

It feels like we are the only team in the NFL who's could have given that game away...