So... with the 31st pick...

We've got work to do all along the D-Line. A DE or A DT in the first seems likely, although we all said that last year. If OJ Howard or David Njoku fell to 31 I wouldn't mind that at all although it would definitely be considered a luxury pick. There's a few good guards we can find in the 2-4th rounds that can probably play right away. Forrest Lamp, I also like Pat Elfein, the C from Ohio State. He could make a smooth transition to guard IMO.

Best defensive linemen available. DT or DE either ok. I don't have a name. It'll be interesting to see who is still available so late. I think we can find a guard in free agency and zone blocking guards are usually not high draft selections. I'm really surprised so many people want to use a 1st pick on this position. Not very smart, IMO.

Just now, high impact said:

So if its a QB, WR, Center or Kicker that is what you want?

I say best player available for D-Line. Or O-Line prefer D-Line with Babs one foot out the door and Freeney may not play next year. 

Actually Yes.....we do need a better option at QB to back up Ryan, a C to replace Mack 2-3 years down the road, a WR to replace whoever leaves via free agency, and a kicker to replace 40 something year old Bryant.

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Actually Yes.....we do need a better option at QB to back up Ryan, a C to replace Mack 2-3 years down the road, a WR to replace whoever leaves via free agency, and a kicker to replace 40 something year old Bryant.

If the BPA is a potential backup center and you would take him you are insane

Edited by ShanghaiDirtyBird

4 minutes ago, ShanghaiDirtyBird said:

If you think the BPA is a potential backup center and you would take him you are insane

Absolutely I would, maybe shift him over to OG until mack moves along in a year or two.

You have to think longer-term when drafting,  sir. It's insane to look at it any other way. 

Edited by Vandy

41 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

S Eric Berry 

Best DE available in the draft

And a playmaking return man...I'm so sick of the bone-headed plays Weems makes I get sick to my stomach.  Why did that idiot run the ball out when we had 57 seconds left and we would've got the ball at the 25 yard line?  

Sorry, I apologize for the 51 talk

Our return game has been pretty weak.

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Absolutely I would, maybe shift him over to OG until mack moves along in a year or two.

You have to think longer-term when drafting,  sir. It's insane to look at it any other way. 

I'd be ok with Feeney, Pocic, or Lamp there. But I agree- they'd need to be able to bring starter (OG) or major contributor (like a big improvement over Compton) value until they took over for Mack down the road a piece.

Where we pick, though, I expect to be able to get either a base DE, LEO or a penetrating DT. And that would be my preference, if the value is right there. 

22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Why exactly is Mack moving on in a year or two?  

5 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

I'd be ok with Feeney, Pocic, or Lamp there. But I agree- they'd need to be able to bring starter (OG) or major contributor (like a big improvement over Compton) value until they took over for Mack down the road a piece.

Where we pick, though, I expect to be able to get either a base DE, LEO or a penetrating DT. And that would be my preference, if the value is right there. 

Yes, if the value is there I think that's where they will go. But we could go a lot of other directions too (for example: wouldn't mind a TE to go with Hooper of OJ Howard fell there) But the good news is we can now afford to not reach if it's not there, or even trade down for more picks.