Jump to content

Well the one thing we know for the first week in the new season


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

Falcons-Patriots, if played in week one, would be the Sunday night game most likely.  They're not going to schedule it for the very first game, which is played the previous Thursday night; NBC would get Pats-Falcons for Sunday night...bigger ratings. 

And since they're not going to feature the Falcons two Sunday nights in a row, the new stadium won't be heavily featured simply because it's not located in New York or Dallas.  

I'd say the likelihood of Atl-NE on the first Sunday night game is 90%, but no national game for the first Falcons home game.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Falcons-Patriots, if played in week one, would be the Sunday night game most likely.  They're not going to schedule it for the very first game, which is played the previous Thursday night; NBC would get Pats-Falcons for Sunday night...bigger ratings. 

And since they're not going to feature the Falcons two Sunday nights in a row, the new stadium won't be heavily featured simply because it's not located in New York or Dallas.  

I'd say the likelihood of Atl-NE on the first Sunday night game is 90%, but no national game for the first Falcons home game.

 

You realize the superbowl winner plays the first game. So yes it will be Thursday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JulioJones#1 said:

Atlanta vs NE is the only one that makes sense.

Actually the NFL could very easily go Steelers at Patriots and Packers at Falcons as NBC's first two primetime games of the 2017 season. Both games would get monster ratings. Both are championship game rematches that will draw ratings. 3 of the 4 teams have monster fan bases that will draw ratings. The Falcons new stadium will draw ratings. It's all about the TV ratings and so it makes a lot of sense, PIT at NE - TNF and GB at ATL - SNF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Actually the NFL could very easily go Steelers at Patriots and Packers at Falcons as NBC's first two primetime games of the 2017 season. Both games would get monster ratings. Both are championship game rematches that will draw ratings. 3 of the 4 teams have monster fan bases that will draw ratings. The Falcons new stadium will draw ratings. It's all about the TV ratings and so it makes a lot of sense, PIT at NE - TNF and GB at ATL - SNF.

The Pats don't play the Steelers next year,  so goes that theory out the door...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our schedule looks brutal next year.  I hope the Pats fall off somehow, but I don't see it.

If we play them in week 1, we pretty much have to win or else we're going to take a major morale hit to start the year.  Either way, I'd rather our team move on from the Super Bowl and I think playing the Patriots in week 1 won't help with that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Our schedule looks brutal next year.  I hope the Pats fall off somehow, but I don't see it.

If we play them in week 1, we pretty much have to win or else we're going to take a major morale hit to start the year.  Either way, I'd rather our team move on from the Super Bowl and I think playing the Patriots in week 1 won't help with that.

 

I must admit I put too much weight on last year's openning loss to TB. But, this team under DQ is pretty resilient. So, I'll take whoever the league puts up 1st.  I think it's almost all but assured to be ATL @ NE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nitrojiber said:

The Pats don't play the Steelers next year,  so goes that theory out the door...

Actually they do. They both finished in 1st place. All 1st place teams from the previous year always play each other.

27 minutes ago, falconut1991 said:

They actually do, just not at home.  So, still correct in that it shouldn't be the Thursday night game, since I believe the SB winner gets the home game.

Alright. I didn't even look to see if that game was a home or road game for the Patriots, I was just taking a wild guess that it'd be home. But after looking, the Patriots home slate of games is very light. Falcons or Chiefs are really the only two marquee options there. The other home games for the Patriots in 2017 are the Chargers, Panthers, Texans, Bills, Dolphins and Jets. It's not going to be the Texans because the Patriots always put on a show against them.

Actually, come to think of it, the Texans seem like the perfect opponent. The Patriots get to celebrate their Super Bowl win in blow out fashion over and have everyone drooling all over Brady per usual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

You'd rather re-live all of the ridiculous stuff about the SB highlights, watch them get their rings, all while being in NE on the first game of the season?  I wouldn't.  I'd much rather wait.  

They will have a better chance of winning probably week 1. It would probably draw a lot of money week 1. What better way to start off season than a shot at revenge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2017 at 4:26 PM, JulioJones#1 said:

They will have a better chance of winning probably week 1. It would probably draw a lot of money week 1. What better way to start off season than a shot at revenge.

I don't wanna touch that one.  I'd much rather play them later down the line, but then again...they could just want until we play them to get the rings and rub it in our faces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2017 at 7:19 AM, nitrojiber said:

The Pats don't play the Steelers next year,  so goes that theory out the door...

Every team plays the other teams in their conference that finished in the same place (within the division) that they did.  All first place teams play each other and so on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

I don't wanna touch that one.  I'd much rather play them later down the line, but then again...they could just want until we play them to get the rings and rub it in our faces.

This is my feeling as well.  

It's really just another game as much as it won't feel like it, beating them in the regular season wouldn't prove anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

I don't wanna touch that one.  I'd much rather play them later down the line, but then again...they could just want until we play them to get the rings and rub it in our faces.

A part of me  would love a SB rematch. But I hope next time we get to SB the AFC is a weaker conference and we play a team like the Texans or someone we can just dominate from start to finish. No more close calls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JulioJones#1 said:

A part of me  would love a SB rematch. But I hope next time we get to SB the AFC is a weaker conference and we play a team like the Texans or someone we can just dominate from start to finish. No more close calls.

Not me....I want the best...I just don't want to re-live (because of all of the media outlets will trash us for a whole week) out SB lose on the 1st game of the season, before the gamed is even played.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...