A true snapshot of the game

vafalconfan

2 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

Like this Tweet?

zqJnd4GN_normal.jpg
Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS 

Run three times. Kick a field goal. Falcons win. That simple. As great as Brady was, the victory doesn’t happen without bad coaching

I'll even say...  in that circumstance you can believe they expected run x3 from us.  If we were to play action on 1st down and then run, run you'd have likely fooled them a bit.  Passing after first down was just silly silly just like passing on 3rd and 1 earlier was.

You know, even in that moment, knowing that we were in FG range and that we could have an 11 point lead...something inside me just knew we were going to lose. I tell my wife all the time that you can never trust the Falcons, and she always dismisses it, until last night. She finally understood. The feeling started when the Pats scored to make it a 16 point game, and then we fumbled, I just knew it was over. We would find a way to collapse. Even being on the 22 well within FG range I could literally feel the game slipping away, and it was the worst feeling I've ever had.

I still want footage of a diving catch made on the left sideline(maybe Edelman) on the Pats drive to tie the game.

As they went to a break, a replay showed the ball on the ground underneath him but it was ruled a catch. Brady ran a no huddle and snapped the ball quickly and DQ missed throwing the challenge...

9 minutes ago, D#x3 said:

I still want footage of a diving catch made on the left sideline(maybe Edelman) on the Pats drive to tie the game.

As they went to a break, a replay showed the ball on the ground underneath him but it was ruled a catch. Brady ran a no huddle and snapped the ball quickly and DQ missed throwing the challenge...

I made a post about it earlier.  Malcolm Mitchell.  Apparently nobody has a screenshot.

1 minute ago, slamee101 said:

I made a post about it earlier.  Malcolm Mitchell.  Apparently nobody has a screenshot.

No body recorded the game?

You see it clearly like 2 seconds before an ad break.

I was screaming for DQ to throw a flag

Edited by D#x3

4 minutes ago, D#x3 said:

No body recorded the game?

You see it clearly like 2 seconds before an ad break.

I was screaming for DQ to throw a flag

From the Pats board:

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/did-anyone-else-see-malcom-mitchells-drop-pass.1138011/

Someone has to have taped this to get a screenshot.

Young coach with a young team,  RISE UP , proud of you Coach and all the young players, we;re  in the Super Bowl in overtime in yours and most of theirs 2nd season, we'll learn , we'll get better, and in just saying that, the rest of the NFL  is in trouble in the next few years.   

On this very play Jones is pulled down by the jersey by a Pats O-linemen. right at the point of attack and in clear view of the refs. (no call)

The rumor was that the refs would not get in the way, they would let players play. Obviously this only applied to one side for most of the game.

jones pull down 3.jpg

17 minutes ago, defcon4 said:

On this very play Jones is pulled down by the jersey by a Pats O-linemen. right at the point of attack and in clear view of the refs. (no call)

The rumor was that the refs would not get in the way, they would let players play. Obviously this only applied to one side for most of the game.

jones pull down 3.jpg

Yup, I saw it too when it happened. At that point though I'm not very confident it would have mattered in changing the outcome a play of two later.

You  may be right, but as I watch the game I found myself saying (out loud) "that's holding"..or "hey that was a pick play"..all through out the game.

Everyone views this game as a collapse by the Falcons. Its really a tale of two halves by two very good football teams. Atlanta capitalized on opportunities in the first half..the Patriots did so in the second.

I would argue that the whole world wanted Tom Brady to win and the refs.. at times help to guide that.