Kyle apparently admits that he blew it

thomass

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad thing is for him is that he is going into a HC job. He only had the offense in mind here.  Last night, he kept his D on the field too long. DQ should've stepped up at some point and said "we need to run the ball more or do quick passes that serve as runs Kyle"

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I've been his biggest supporter here, and even I have to say he **** the bed last night.

Horrible, horrible 2nd half gameplan and game management.  

Horrible.

Yep, it was.  The offense had no flow and honestly, was never on track.  The defense toted the team through the 3rd quarter...

It's a team loss. I've said many times on this forum that you don't mess around in the super bowl. You don't let off the accelerator EVER. 25 point lead? Not big enough. I don't care if the largest lead ever overcome is 11 points. You stomp them. You run up the score like the 49ers did to the Broncos in 1990 and kill them 55-10.

Kyle Shanahan, the guy calling the plays on offense, agreed with Ryan with regards to the crushing sack.

“You always want to run the ball if you can. You got to look at each situation when you’re getting the ball,” Shanahan said. “We were trying to score there at the end. We got into field goal range where we would have ended it, but getting that sack and that holding call was tough.

“You don’t think, just run the ball and make your guy kick a 50-yard field goal. You want to try your hardest to give him a great chance to for sure make it. We thought we could get some yards, but ended up getting a sack and it’s not really an option after that.”

Matt Ryan:

“For me, I wish I could have found a way to throw it away and not lose that yardage – that would have been important for us,” Ryan said after the game. “That drive, in particular, where we had it down to about the 20-yard line and didn’t come away with points and the drive right (after) that where we had a short-field opportunity after the onside kick, to me those are two opportunities to close and it’s pretty disappointing that we didn’t do it.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/super-bowl-atlanta-falcons-patriots-matt-ryan-change-play-fourth-quarter-sack-020617

Apparently, both of them are to blame, Shanahan for the call and Ryan KNOWING A guy was coming and holding onto the ball anyway.  For both of them, its called situational awareness.

1 minute ago, Lord Dark Helmet said:

It's a team loss. I've said many times on this forum that you don't mess around in the super bowl. You don't let off the accelerator EVER. 25 point lead? Not big enough. I don't care if the largest lead ever overcome is 11 points. You stomp them. You run up the score like the 49ers did to the Broncos in 1990 and kill them 55-10.

There's a fine line between aggressive and reckless. 5 rushing attempts after securing a 28-3 lead is bad situational football no matter how you spin it.

1 minute ago, YoungHeezy said:

There's a fine line between aggressive and reckless. 5 rushing attempts after securing a 28-3 lead is bad situational football no matter how you spin it.

Yes, sometimes "ballsy" and "aggressive" is better translated as "stupid."

This is one of those times.