Malcolm Mitchell drop?

slamee101

1 minute ago, tailgater said:

You mean the play where he thought he was playing college ball? He caught it, went down, and slammed the ball to the turf and left it there.

The announcers mentioned it. Falcons could have picked it up as a loose ball because he wasn't touched.

Ohhh that one. If I remember right he definitely caught it but like you said I'm surprised no one swiped it from him

Its not the play where he puts the ball on the ground, its the play on the left sideline where MM makes a diving "catch" and the ball hits the turf underneath his stomach...

If anyone recorded the game, the replay is like 1-2 seconds before the ad break.

Pretty sure its in the drive where they tie the game or the one before.

Edited by D#x3

Only problem with that play....the Falcon did not pick it up...so what are we challenging? The catch? Well he made the catch and then placed it on the ground, but the ref blew the whistle before Goodwin(who looked like an incompetant idiot on the play) grabbed it from Mitchell.

Which is another obvious call by the ref on the side of the Pats.

22 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Only problem with that play....the Falcon did not pick it up...so what are we challenging? The catch? Well he made the catch and then placed it on the ground, but the ref blew the whistle before Goodwin(who looked like an incompetant idiot on the play) grabbed it from Mitchell.

Did you actually go to the time frame i suggested?

If thats a catch, then i might as well give up watching any ball related sport.

The ball clearly hits the turf during the actual catch.

We were reeling at this point. Bradys line was holding us for dear life, nothing was getting called on them, every time they faced a 3rd and long (3 times in one drive at one point!) they were gifted some tacky or straight bs penalty to move the chains. But yes, we should have scooped that ball up or at least pounced on it because it was a live ball at that point. There were more than a few given to them last night, it was painfully obvious the refs were instructed to get the golden boy back in it, and the **** job calling plays by Shanny all night left our defense gassed. But even with our boys worn out, they had to have a little help to get back in it, they couldn't do it straight. I saw chop blocks, face masks, push offs, holding holding holding, non catches given to them, and more bail out flags than I've ever seen, and I've been a Falcon fan for 30 years, so I've seen my share of prick jobs in my day.

Is it completely scripted like most everything else on tv? I don't think so. I think most of the players genuinely treat it honorably, as do some of the coaches. But the NFL it's self along with all the corruption in it's political, corporate and social aspects, and organized crime involved with betting on the outcomes, don't think for a second that there isn't a "third", unseen team attempting to actively influence the outcome of the games. They've already been busted fixing games for the mob in the past (they blamed a couple refs as patsies and quietly swept it under the rug, but those guys were taking orders ya dig?)

Sometimes the things you love in your life turn out to be bad. Football just happens to be one of those things. Like smoking, I'll be better off for quitting, and I'll likely look back in a year or so and say "what was I thinking? my life is so much better now that I quit" much like I do when I reflect on my time as a smoker.

28 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

He never caught the ball.