Thank You Atlanta Falcons

Mid-Nite-Toker

8 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Why can't we learn?

We have alot of good young pieces in place...its not like before.

We had a lot of good pieces in 1980.

Why can't we learn? That's the million dollar question isn't it, but what's to learn here? Learn that we continue to be and will always be the butt of jokes about choking?

6 minutes ago, YoungSaudi said:

Honest Question. Would you root for a team that you know will never win a championship in their existence?

Yes.

I'm a Falcons fan. I'll be back here rooting for one of those never win a championship team next year. They are my team. I've rooted for them for 51 years. 

If we look back at this after a few months we had a great season. A great ride.

But now, it feels like we lost it all. Like we shot ourselves in the foot, kicked ourselves in the nuts.... only when this feeling goes away we can take a good look back. 

I'm ANGRY at everything. 

39 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

One thing I've seen is that Quinn can learn from his mistakes.  I think we get back. 

I believe we will. The next OC will have an offensive that can still put up 30+ points and Quinn will continue to build on the young defense.

25 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Yes we did, but the Pats are a good team to...it came down to a handful of plays.

Falcons had a heck of a season...truthful but hurtful.

It came down to a handful of plays that the Pats had to have each and every one of to even have a chance and they did.

If this had been a blowout, I'm still proud. If this had been a back and forth and we just couldn't get it done in the end, then yes you tip your hat to the greatness of Brady and the Pats and I'm sad but still proud.

But that Lombardi was ours, it was done they were all but engraving our names on the thing, while just about every sports metric in the country would have told you a Falcon victory was 95%-99% certain towards the end of the 3rd. 

It's like walking up to a bottomless pit and tossing your Falcons XLI superbowl ring right in.

Falcons had one hell of a season and a lot to be proud of, but that superbowl.......cause of the absurd short attention span culture of our sports we're probably in a worse place prestige wise this morning than we started the campaign and I'm not sure that all of it can just be shrugged off as other people's dumb opinions cause the truth is this is absolutely going to have long term effects on our players and fans. Certainly this fan

25 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

It came down to a handful of plays that the Pats had to have each and every one of to even have a chance and they did.

If this had been a blowout, I'm still proud. If this had been a back and forth and we just couldn't get it done in the end, then yes you tip your hat to the greatness of Brady and the Pats and I'm sad but still proud.

But that Lombardi was ours, it was done they were all but engraving our names on the thing, while just about every sports metric in the country would have told you a Falcon victory was 95%-99% certain towards the end of the 3rd. 

It's like walking up to a bottomless pit and tossing your Falcons XLI superbowl ring right in.

Falcons had one hell of a season and a lot to be proud of, but that superbowl.......cause of the absurd short attention span culture of our sports we're probably in a worse place prestige wise this morning than we started the campaign and I'm not sure that all of it can just be shrugged off as other people's dumb opinions cause the truth is this is absolutely going to have long term effects on our players and fans. Certainly this fan

I understand.

Just don't won't to lose sight of how well they did

I'll never go all in on the Falcons again. Given a historic offense, a 19 point lead in the 4th quarter, in range for a 39 yard field goal to ice the game, and they still find a way to lose. 

If you can't win in that situation there is no reason to believe they will under any other circumstances. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

As up and down as they are every year, alot of fans, myself included, thought we would never get to witness the Falcons in the Super Bowl while living. The loss hurts but it's definitely something to learn from and build on. Looking forward to a great offseason 

Appreciate your post J...how about that Alford pick 6.

I thought the Falcons played their hearts out...I wasn't cheated.

I for one am very proud of this team and what they accomplished this year! None of us expected this team to do what they did at the start of the season. This team proved it can stand toe to toe with the best teams in the league, and can stand their ground against them. We are pretty much set at the skillset positions on the offensive side of the ball; a couple of linemen to shore up the Oline and 1-2 studs on the Dline, and I like our chances against anybody.  Yeah, this one stings for Falcon nation, but I say we come back next year, bigger and badder, with one nasty ass chip on the shoulder!

52 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Appreciate your post J...how about that Alford pick 6.

I thought the Falcons played their hearts out...I wasn't cheated.

I gotta give Alford his props on that one. Ironically I was eating when he got his first penalty. As soon as I heard what they penalty was I already knew who they were gonna put it on lol. 

All in all I don't think they have anything to be down about. In my years of watching football I've never seen a defense so young progress that fast during the season and make the Super Bowl of all games. 

3 minutes ago, kmbutts said:

I for one am very proud of this team and what they accomplished this year! None of us expected this team to do what they did at the start of the season. This team proved it can stand toe to toe with the best teams in the league, and can stand their ground against them. We are pretty much set at the skillset positions on the offensive side of the ball; a couple of linemen to shore up the Oline and 1-2 studs on the Dline, and I like our chances against anybody.  Yeah, this one stings for Falcon nation, but I say we come back next year, bigger and badder, with one nasty ass chip on the shoulder!

This!