Osiruz

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Waterjabbers said:

I have never once said this, but Quarterback.  I'm sick of watching Matt choke.

MATT DIDNT EVEN CHOKE LIKE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. 144 QB RTG. Yeah he took a strip stack but if Freeman just put 1 hand on Hightower that's not a fumble 

3 minutes ago, Waterjabbers said:

I have never once said this, but Quarterback.  I'm sick of watching Matt choke.

You gotta help me out here. I know I'm a Matt homer but ... he is the single biggest reason we made the post season. He played lights out against Seattle and Green Bay. He moved the ball at a 12+ YPA against the #1 scoring defense. 

Yes there was a turnover. But are we ignoring the huge whiff that led to it?

And when it most counted, he put the ball in the ONLY spot where Julio and not the defender had a chance.

If Shanahan hadn't climbed up his own a$$ and called the obvious runs, we'd be celebrating a Lombardi.

With all of that, I just (respectfully) don't see how QB can be on anyone's list.

Just now, TSprings said:

MATT DIDNT EVEN CHOKE LIKE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE. 144 QB RTG. Yeah he took a strip stack but if Freeman just put 1 hand on Hightower that's not a fumble 

It's not that.  It's that the Patriots were climbing back in the game and he gave us nothing.

He ahould have pulled everyone to the side when they scored the first second half touchdown.  

Nope, nothing.

2 minutes ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

You gotta help me out here. I know I'm a Matt homer but ... he is the single biggest reason we made the post season. He played lights out against Seattle and Green Bay. He moved the ball at a 12+ YPA against the #1 scoring defense. 

Yes there was a turnover. But are we ignoring the huge whiff that led to it?

And when it most counted, he put the ball in the ONLY spot where Julio and not the defender had a chance.

If Shanahan hadn't climbed up his own a$$ and called the obvious runs, we'd be celebrating a Lombardi.

With all of that, I just (respectfully) don't see how QB can be on anyone's list.

Because when the game was slipping away dude didn't care.  Maybe I just missed it, but the entire 4th quarter he looked like a dude collecting a check and going through the motions.

He definately didn't look like an MVP quarterback.  This game sold me that Matt Ryan benefited from everyone around him, and that isn't going to win us a championship.

26 minutes ago, atlbaby said:

Calais Campbell in FA will be a start.

The return of Trufant will help too. Poole was getting worked yesterday.

I love Calais Campbell. I also was not sold on Poole. However we got to replace no play Allen as well. FS is a big need. We have to have that Eraser, and Allen is always there late.

Just now, osiruz said:

Get out of here, you troll. We lost because we have a troll like you calling our offense, not because of Matt.

Go back to my post history on this account, Playoffbound07, and Playoffbound09.

I've been on these boards lurking or otherwise for 11 years.  Not once have I been a troll.

Go blank yourself.

Ain't Matt's fault... please sing it John Michaels.

Sure, Matt had a few plays he would like back, but he still played good enough to win, as did our defense (which was gassed by the end.)

No QB (except maybe Aaron Rodgers, as shown at the end of the Dallas game) is going to hold onto the ball on a blind side hit from a completely free running, untouched defender. Matt also wasn't checking into a pass when we were in position to ice the game with a field goal with a couple of runs. 

You just don't  win the super bowl against Tom Brady with bone headed situational playcalling, key missed plays, and unfortunate breaks (see injuries).

Edited by cyberlian

24 minutes ago, Waterjabbers said:

Go back to my post history on this account, Playoffbound07, and Playoffbound09.

I've been on these boards lurking or otherwise for 11 years.  Not once have I been a troll.

Go blank yourself.

Still doesn't give your posts any validity, nor excuse the level of stupidity. Ryan's play is the reason we even made this game. There are 5-6 QBs that can play on his level in the entire league. We just need to get him a legit defense, and better TEs.  

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Still doesn't give your posts any validity, nor excuse the level of stupidity. Ryan's play is the reason we even made this game. There are 5-6 QBs that can play on his level in the entire league. We just need to get him a legit defense, and better TEs.  

That's every season dude.  It's always "We just need to get Matt..."

He had more weapons that any other quarterback in the NFL, one of the best offenaive lines in football, and his defense had 5 sacks, two turnovers, and a pick six.

In the second half he produced one touchdown and three punts. I'm not mad at him for the sack and holding debacle or the fumble.  Thats not on him.  But he didn't help his defense out with the three and outs.  They were gassed because he couldn't convert third downs or move the ball at all.

Matt doesn't have a killer instinct.  He doesn't have that fire to put a team away in big games.  The moment gets to him and he just shrinks.  He did it in 2012 too, but the defense was just way worse that day.  

Last night the defense held up to their end.  You're the quarterback of the best offense in the league, the offensive player of the year, and the league MVP and in the biggest moment in the biggest game you are on the sidelines while the other team is coming back and there is no emotion on your face.

Call it stupidity or trolling or whatever.  Matt Ryan doesn't have what it takes to win and that fourth quarter proved it.  

@Waterjabbers If you can't objectively look at who called those plays and how the Patriots defended what Atlanta wanted to do well, you are just as bad as Shanahan and his ego not allowing him to utilize reliable chain moving options such as Freeman out of the backfield. Instead, Freeman is in blocking on a 3rd and 1. <--- That was the play call. Fine, Freeman missed. Issue is those routes were greedy from Shanahan all night when we were only getting short drives due to failed 3rd downs AND our defense couldn't sustain their level of play all game.

All Atlanta needed in the end was to run the ball and let Bryant kick it. Matt did enough for the Falcons to win with what the coaches called. If you can't comprehend he still put Atlanta in position to win at the end and go ahead 2 scores you don't get it.

Everyone gets so star struck. Matt is so humble of a player and cares, but all you care about is blame gaming. He never made the MVP about himself. It's a popularity contest to best QB stats that year on the best team.

Objectively, Ryan did well within what Atlanta asked him to do in that game. Shanahan needed to adjust. Shanahan kept asking Ryan to tunnel on his receivers running developed routes while the protection began breaking down and again a 4 score lead was not utilizing your RBs, enough. When Shanahan didn't get what he wanted from them on the ground on a play or two, he asks them to block.

Of course, when the game was on the line YAY Freeman dump off pass. Target #2 of the night for Freeman and he gets 39 yards, sets up the Julio sideline catch. It was time to seal the game.

^Blame Kyle or WHOEVER called those plays that did not effectively give you higher percentage plays on 3rd down. Their 3rd down defense and our situational play calling; including on 3rd down, killed us.

3 catches by our RBs all game. Their RB White had 14.

Your protection scheme asking the RBs to block is just stupid. ASK THE TEs to be the 6th blocker, leave a FB in and go with a bigger package. But Atlanta kept trying to use 3 WRs and it did not work consistently enough WITH A LEAD. This is why Shanahan's calling finally caught up with him with the chance to kick a FG, only to call the plays with the LEAST PERCENTAGE to win in those situations. A run still leaves you with a 40 yard FG even if you don't pick up yards.

Your friends at that point in the game are relevant field position to a FG, time remaining (4:11 or so before the first down run) and you choose to PASS ?!?! (incompletions give them the ball with more time in a 1 score game). They blitz you anyway. Pressure on again, no outlet pass for Ryan.

You run the ball. Shanahan was trying to be pretty all night instead of taking the more methodical drives. Flashy big yards per play vs. situational calls and adjusting your game plan. THAT is what screwed you.

4 score lead and we ran the ball 18 times all game, but even MORE egregious is the 3rd down play calling and the fact you did MORE to target Hooper (6 targets) than your RBs (3 combined all game). That is SCHEME related.

Edited by slimjim

1 hour ago, Waterjabbers said:

Because when the game was slipping away dude didn't care.  Maybe I just missed it, but the entire 4th quarter he looked like a dude collecting a check and going through the motions.

He definately didn't look like an MVP quarterback.  This game sold me that Matt Ryan benefited from everyone around him, and that isn't going to win us a championship.

You're an idiot. Go back to the AJC comments.

1 hour ago, Waterjabbers said:

THE ****? Matt Ryan threw a pass that should be talked about in Superbowl history lore when he was flushed out of the pocket and hit Jones with like 3 minutes left in the game.  That should have been game over right there.  

As to the OP's question: DT, DE, LB, RG; re-work Ryan's contract and extend to reduce cap hit, Trufant on an extention and MAYBE Freeman just so he won't have a retarded agent whine before the Super Bowl (though IMO Freeman deserves to get paid, 1 missed block is not worth getting rid of the guy).

You get Shelby, Clayborn back healthy on DE rotation but with Freeney retiring you need a 3rd edge rusher. Jarrett and Hageman don't really rotate that well with Tyson Jackon missing Babs; but Ty is still just 30. Babs gone, so even if you keep Shelby and tweener him that's needing at least 1 or 2 DL picks. LB might could use 1 more pick for depth, and maybe a S to groom. Clayborn is always a ? with injuries so...

OG, Chester is 35 so ya he is getting replaced. Improve and groom a backup C to really learn under Mack for 2 years?

Lastly?

Heal the entirety of Mack and Julio's injuries and we should be good to go. Missing anything? TE issues? Tamme? Run blocking improvements?

Oh ya and SITUATIONAL PLAY CALLING LIKE THIRD DOWN AND SUPER BOWL WINNING FIELD GOAL RANGE PLAY CALLING!!!

Edited by slimjim

8 minutes ago, Waterjabbers said:

Lets see the screen shots of Matt Ryan looking determined on the sidelines.  Lets see the shots of Ryan rallying his team.

There weren't any.  Get mad at me if you want, but I said what I saw.

You treat Ryan like he is Cam sitting on a bench by himself. Ryan is up pacing on the sideline FULL ATTENTION to the GAME. How is that NOT head in the game?

Kyle is too busy playing the wrong plays and putting our team in a position to lose. His plays were gambles. They give you those nice yards per play but he forgot to focus on SITUATIONAL football:

3rd downs and scoring range; let along game ending drive (yay he let Freeman run a route and we got a huge 39 yard gain setting up the Julio catch but wait there's more LETS KEEP trying to throw now we are in range for a FG)

It's called over-thinking it and not remembering the situation and HOW THEY PLAYED YOU all game leading to that.