Ok WTF, seriously...how did we blow this....

clownorg

It's Tom Brady.

Falcons fans shouldn't take it so hard. Falcons lost to the greatest QB in history. He is out there throwing passes to receivers that would be practice squad on any other team and he makes it look easy.

I don't believe in destiny or anything like that, but it's like I knew Brady would win #5. If you look at my posts the last few days, I kept saying it. "I don't ever count out Tom Brady."

He is a machine. A surgeon. I used to think Montana was the greatest and would never be surpassed. Tom Brady just did it.

The game should have been over when Julio made that catch at the 22. The whole stdium with the exception of one very ego driven O.C. knew it. We did the only thing that could have unscrewed NE at that point which was drop back and attempt to pass instead of working the clock and taking an 11 point lead.

16 minutes ago, Lord Dark Helmet said:

It's Tom Brady.

Falcons fans shouldn't take it so hard. Falcons lost to the greatest QB in history. He is out there throwing passes to receivers that would be practice squad on any other team and he makes it look easy.

I don't believe in destiny or anything like that, but it's like I knew Brady would win #5. If you look at my posts the last few days, I kept saying it. "I don't ever count out Tom Brady."

He is a machine. A surgeon. I used to think Montana was the greatest and would never be surpassed. Tom Brady just did it.

Oh please. It had nothing to do with Tom Brady. When the D is gassed, any QB will look elite. The play calling on offense sucked, which not only caused the O to go 3 and out, but took them out of FG range. The D was playing great when they had their stamina. But no D can be on the field for that many plays because your O can't stay on the field. 2 OLs were hurt, not to mention Coleman, and it was downhill from there. WRs were running out of bounds when they needed to run out the clock or stayed in bounds when they needed time. Everything was so azz backwards.

Poor execution, Poor management in situational football. Matthews holding twice, Ryan taking a sack twice on two separate drives both in FG position (After recovering onside and having a 5 yard penalty, after Julio's brilliant catch). Running empty set with a poor pass blocker in Freeman on a 3rd & 1 resulting in a sack fumble, changing the entire momentum of the game.

23 minutes ago, Lord Dark Helmet said:

It's Tom Brady.

No it wasn't.

5 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

The game should have been over when Julio made that catch at the 22. The whole stdium with the exception of one very ego driven O.C. knew it. We did the only thing that could have unscrewed NE at that point which was drop back and attempt to pass instead of working the clock and taking an 11 point lead.

This. Shanny's play calling in crunch time. Ridiculous.

Just now, Jpowers said:

Because we're the Falcons. That's how.

One day this **** will all be worth it but holy **** does this hurt. Like deep down in your ****ing heart ****ing hurt.

Yup. This actually PHYSICALLY hurts.

I'm wide awake.

I won't sleep tonight.

I have to go face an entire city of Pats fans tomorrow, this week, this off-season.

The parade will come through soon.

And after the glorious first half, right up until the sack and the holding call, I absolutely couldn't fathom it would end like this. I kept thinking, "Yeah, that's my Falcons, keeping it interesting," but until the sack and holding call, the idea that we would lose did not even enter my head.

Not this team.

Not Quinn's Falcons, the team that preaches "finish" and had such a tight brotherhood.

Not the team that blew out its previous two play-off opponents and looked primed to do it again. One last time. The most important time.

Not the team that avenged the Seahawks loss of the regular season and the Packers beatdown of 2010.

Not the team that closed the Georgia Dome in extreme style and was all but a lock to open the new stadium with a shiny trophy.

Not this team.

I couldn't wait to go in to work tomorrow and all over Boston all week wearing my Ryan jersey, knowing that we'd proven ourselves on the biggest of stages. That we'd made a dynastic team look small.

I was mentally booking my flight to Atlanta for the parade.

And ... none of that is going to happen.

I'm gutted.

1 minute ago, Lord Dark Helmet said:

Brady threw for 450+ yards to receivers that wouldn't make the Falcons practice squad.

It wouldn't have mattered if we'd just kicked a FG with a few minutes to go and made it a two score game. That's on Shanny.

41 minutes ago, Lord Dark Helmet said:

It's Tom Brady.

Lol so Bradys the reason Shanny went full retard? OK good to know. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Lol so Bradys the reason Shanny went full retard? OK good to know. 

You can place blame or make excuses all you want.

I just accept reality. Nothing was going to stop Tom Brady from #5. Nothing. A 25 point lead? Tom Brady eats 25 point leads for breakfast.

Chuck Norris calls Tom Brady for advice.

Just now, Lord Dark Helmet said:

I just accept reality. Nothing was going to stop Tom Brady from #5. Nothing. A 25 point lead? Tom Brady eats 25 point leads for breakfast.

Retardahan assist sure does help..

3 minutes ago, Lord Dark Helmet said:

Read all the bold. It's obvious to everyone why we lost. 

2 hours ago, Lord Dark Helmet said:

It's Tom Brady.

Well yeah, it is Tom Brady - and I don't think anyone starting the day when they woke up this morning would have been too bent out of shape getting beat by the best QB of all time, but......

....not only did Brady play great, he needed A LOT of help from Falcons - and we gave it to him.

Brady definitely did his part to win the game, but we also did our part to lose.

Our defense played good enough to win, but was gassed by the end, as the offense couldn't stay on the field long enough. Brady also didn't cast a magical spell over Freeman on that missed block leading to the fumble, cause bone-headed Seahawks-style end of game playcalling (run the ball when the situation overwhelmingly dictates it!), timely injuries, and timely penalties.

3 hours ago, Lord Dark Helmet said:

It's Tom Brady.

Brady had nothing to do with the random injuries late in the game that made us spend timeouts and stop the clock, unbalanced officiating or the dumb azz offensive play calling by the Falcons. It takes much more than one guy to bring a team back from 25. A LOT has to go perfectly right for them to win and it did.