Tom Brady won without the weapons that Matt Ryan has.  Its nowhere near the same.  The truth is, Matt Ryan chokes and not just the sack either.  He went 1-8 on 3rd downs and most of them were 1-3 yds. 

The truth is, the defense played HELLA good.  The offense didn't stall, it choked.  Tom Brady not only made touchdowns but they made BOTH two point conversions.

So here's the FINAL truth.  Matt Ryan is an excellent Qb with accurate throws but he can't do what Tom Brady did with FARRR less weapons.  That truth which I'm eluding to is that Matt Ryan isn't Aaron Rodgers nor Tom Brady nor will he be in that class.  He'll never be able to "lead" the team to win it all.

If I were Dimitroff, I'd sell off the weapons on Offense, including Freeman, and make the defense even more stout.  Then you get an Offensive line like the Cowboys and have the best running game. 

That was a straight up choke job, Zero points in the 2nd half.  In field goal range and taking a sack with four minutes left up eight points.  I don't see how you could argue anything but a choke job.  Matt Ryan loses the Ice, its just Matt Ryan.

The truth... is that Matt Ryan has played from behind and won a ton of games in his career.

The truth.. is that Ryan didn't miss the block that caused the fumble.

The truth.. is that Ryan didn't call the pass plays in field goal position that would have won the game.

Should he have got rid of the ball? Yea.. but you know Brady took a lot of sacks too.

Blame Ryan all you want.. but take away the holding calls by poole that extended a drive into fieldgoal points.. take away holding call by jake that put us ultimately out of FG range.. take away a missed block by freeman.. take all those away.. and we dominated the Pats.

1 minute ago, mike11571 said:

Ryan played fine. If not for Freeman whiffing and stupid playcalling no one is talking about this now.

Disagree, Matt Ryan fumbled the ball earlier.  He KNEW that the pressure was coming and it wasn't from the backside, he could see them coming on the sack but he didn't make the adjustments.  It wasn't just one play, we DIDNT SCORE A POINT IN THE 2ND HALF.  Its a choke job.

1 minute ago, red2play said:

Disagree, Matt Ryan fumbled the ball earlier.  He KNEW that the pressure was coming and it wasn't from the backside, he could see them coming on the sack but he didn't make the adjustments.  It wasn't just one play, we DIDNT SCORE A POINT IN THE 2ND HALF.  Its a choke job.

Tevin Coleman scored in the second half

Just now, dhayester said:

The truth... is that Matt Ryan has played from behind and won a ton of games in his career.

The truth.. is that Ryan didn't miss the block that caused the fumble.

The truth.. is that Ryan didn't call the pass plays in field goal position that would have won the game.

Should he have got rid of the ball? Yea.. but you know Brady took a lot of sacks too.

Blame Ryan all you want.. but take away the holding calls by poole that extended a drive into fieldgoal points.. take away holding call by jake that put us ultimately out of FG range.. take away a missed block by freeman.. take all those away.. and we dominated the Pats.

So explain how Brady did what he did with FARR less? Against a FASST D that looked Better than the PAT's D?  There's only one conclusion.

Just now, red2play said:

So explain how Brady did what he did with FARR less? Against a FASST D that looked Better than the PAT's D?  There's only one conclusion.

Brady did what he did against a YOUNG/ROOKIE D that was gassed after losing the TOP battle (40:31 to 23:27 at the end). End. Of. Story.

2 minutes ago, red2play said:

We stopped getting pressure on Brady in the 4th quarter. And when we did get to the 20 we should have just run the ball and kicked a field goal. Blame playcalling if you want. But Ryan did not choke.

5 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

What weapons do you speak of aside from Julio? Matt Ryan has made these guys weapons. I hate hearing dumb ****! Tom Brady threw the ball almost 60 times, dinks and donks. We played soft zone, and allowed him to do it. He's nothing special.

With you until the "nothing special" comment. Gotta give Tom Brady his credit. he is special.

Edited by Thelonious Mingus

Lol not sure if serious. 

Edelman is a good player. The dude was constantly getting solid separation from Alford. Amendola was beating Poole like a drum. Hogan and Mitchell were beating Collins. Not that our DB's are bad by any means, but don't act like Brady has no weapons. 

And as far as the two point conversions. One of those was just a quick pass to Hogan who got in. Yeah such a great play by Brady to throw a WR screen pass. 

You have to give significance to the scheme they run. Brady is the GOAT but he is always in a great scheme and the talent of players he has is underrated. Anyone who knows football knew that Hogan has always been underrated. His teammates in Buffalo nicknamed him 7-11 because he was always open. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Blank said:

We stopped getting pressure on Brady in the 4th quarter. And when we did get to the 20 we should have just run the ball and kicked a field goal. Blame playcalling if you want. But Ryan did not choke.

The Defense was gassed.  No way ANY defense could hold up.  Again, when your 1-8 on 3rd downs.  When your up 19 points going into the 4th quarter, with the #1 offense and you can't win the game but all I hear is its not Matt Ryan's fault.  I just don't know what to say.

Naw, fact is we just got set up to be the marks in a Disney movie.

Refs swallowed the whistle during the 2nd half when our WRs were being held every play.

Even though we were up big when Alford made the pick 6 I already knew we were ****ed when they were moved up on 3 straight 3rd downs on calls that the ref crew "doesn't normally call".

3 minutes ago, Thelonious Mingus said:

With you until the "nothing special" comment. Gotta give Tom Brady his credit. he is special.

Exactly, seriously even after the field goal, they were STILL down by 16.  No Excuses, we choked the game away, even when you consider how good Brady is. 

When Brady retires, maybe Ryan can win a Superbowl but not before.  Outclassed in every way.  Seriously, down 19 going into the fourth, that's crazy.

3 things costed us in this game.

1) The OL depth. Our center is playing with a broken leg and then Schroeder goes down. No pass protection at that point....we were not able to run it either in the 4th qtr.

2) The play call....2nd and 10 on the NE 22...4 min to go and you want to throw and take a sack...up by 8? Bad!

3) I think that there are some qbs that just dont perform well in the biggest of games. Jim Kelly...Fran Tarkenton and I think Ryan is the same...Elway early on. Not a good game for Ryan tonight...not at the level we are used to seeing.

4 minutes ago, Clark Kent™ said:

Lol not sure if serious. 

Edelman is a good player. The dude was constantly getting solid separation from Alford. Amendola was beating Poole like a drum. Hogan and Mitchell were beating Collins. Not that our DB's are bad by any means, but don't act like Brady has no weapons. 

And as far as the two point conversions. One of those was just a quick pass to Hogan who got in. Yeah such a great play by Brady to throw a WR screen pass. 

You have to give significance to the scheme they run. Brady is the GOAT but he is always in a great scheme and the talent of players he has is underrated. Anyone who knows football knew that Hogan has always been underrated. His teammates in Buffalo nicknamed him 7-11 because he was always open. 

If you think that the RB's, WR's match ours.  I'm not sure YOUR SERIOUS.  You can be open 7-11 but that's nowhere near Julio that REQUIRES double coverage + he still get's his.  Nope, Not buying that argument.  Up 19 points with one quarter to go, I'm NOT going to sit here and excuse that.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

You're not being honest if you think Ryan did not choke in the clutch. He's been around the game far too long to take a sack in that situation to take us out of field-goal range. All he has to do is make his first read, if it's not fair you throw it away. He has to know there's a clock standing in that pocket. he cannot hold on to that ball like that. So don't tell me that he didn't choke because he had several moments in the fourth quarter with the game on the line where he did exactly that. No question whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

You're not being honest if you think Ryan did not choke in the clutch. He's been around the game far too long to take a sack in that situation to take us out of field-goal range. All he has to do is make his first read, if it's not fair you throw it away. He has to know there's a clock standing in that pocket. he cannot hold on to that ball like that. So don't tell me that he didn't choke because he had several moments in the fourth quarter with the game on the line where he did exactly that. No question whatsoever.

If I recall I think we were already out of field goal range? Wasn't already going to be a 53 yarder and then we got that holding penalty?

8 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

Naw, fact is we just got set up to be the marks in a Disney movie.

Refs swallowed the whistle during the 2nd half when our WRs were being held every play.

Even though we were up big when Alford made the pick 6 I already knew we were ****ed when they were moved up on 3 straight 3rd downs on calls that the ref crew "doesn't normally call".

Again, no excuses.  EVEN if they were being held, you still have the Rb's, Julio was held in the GB game but he still got the ball.  Even after the Rb's we have an athletic Qb that could have run on a couple of plays.  1-8 on 3rd downs, against this offense?  I can't believe you guys are excusing this.  We just pissed away a Lombardi Trophy.

Let's not forget the sack/fumble either.  It wasn't just ONE PLAY. 

I'm not saying that Ryan sucks, he's a good Qb.  He just got beat by the Michael Jordan of football, Tom Brady.  When you realize that, you should know not to form an offense around him.  Let's get a better offensive line, and a better run game.  Hanging our hopes on Matt Ryan won't end well.  Its time to take a look in the mirror and understand why we lost the game.

10 minutes ago, uga_falcons_braves said:

This after taking a sack/fumble.  PLEASE read above.  NOT JUST ONE PLAY.  WE WE, not them, opened the door and Brady walked through it.

Nobody's talking about the easy 3rd and 1's we didn't convert.  The strip/sack was MAJOR.  That wasn't Tom Brady, nor was it the Pat's defense.  There's no way to stop Julio in short yardage situations.  Also everyone else being single covered.

When you open the door and then fall apart, its called choking.  That's what you were able to see.