What would have been better - This? 8-8? 9-7?

The perfect ending would have been to finish with a win tonight but think of all the other ways this season could have went?

6 - 10 we don't make the playoffs and we just accept it as a rebuilding year (but have a decent draft pick)

8 - 8 we barely miss the playoffs but just accept it as a step toward the big one

9 - 7 we are a wild card but get knocked out early

10 - 6 we lose the NFC championship to Dallas

11 - 5 we lose the Superbowl

This was a bad loss but just think how many other ways the ENTIRE season could have went.

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

The perfect ending would have been to finish with a win tonight but think of all the other ways this season could have went?

6 - 10 we don't make the playoffs and we just accept it as a rebuilding year (but have a decent draft pick)

8 - 8 we barely miss the playoffs but just accept it as a step toward the big one

9 - 7 we are a wild card but get knocked out early

10 - 6 we lose the NFC championship to Dallas

11 - 5 we lose the Superbowl

This was a bad loss but just think how many other ways the ENTIRE season could have went.

I will take this because we just got everyone including Matt Ryan and the coaches experience on the biggest stage. We are trending upwards as of right now adding more depth is now the main concern going forward as we just saw.

I will take this.  We were underdogs in the game after all.  It's a tough loss to take because we blew a huge lead.  If there is any solace, we did blow the lead against the greatest QB and coach all time.  But this loss will take a while to get over.  The loss to the Broncos was easier to get over, because we were never really in that game, but we has this one and let it slip away.  Really hope this loss doesn't have long lasting impact in a negative away for our team.  But I guess only time will tell. 

Could have lost like the panther's last year and looked like we didn't even belong in the super bowl... but nah.. we went toe to toe with the GOAT QB/Coach. I'm die-hard forever. This loss sucks, but it's just another loss to add to this storied franchise. Will make the eventual win that much sweeter.